Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

gaffolino wrote: »
    Titty vodka works for me . Two really decent freezer lock bags. Half fill with spirits and remove air and fold over. place in bra. Bobs your uncle, instant cleavage and booze :D:D:D:D:D

Boobs your Uncle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Poorside wrote: »
    Just bought 2 new chairs and a trolley in Halfords, chairs are only €7 at the minute and are sturdy enough.

what sort of trolly?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

everlast75 wrote: »
    whilst "titty vodka" sounds very appealing to me in general!

as a bloke, using that method might not work that well.

Cock cans

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭endainoz

We'll get together for a few reels, jigs and hornpipes :):D

Sounds like a plan! Hup!!

Have a few more jigs i need to learn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CaraCS

Hi there I'm looking for some advice. I recently bought a ticket for Electric Picnic 2018 off Viagogo.ie and paid an excessive amount for it but price isn't the issue. I as told my ticket would be here no later than 21st August which is fine but I stupidly decided to look at website reviews AFTER I had purchased the ticket and I'm wondering is it legit or am I going to be scammed? I'm so nervous because I paid so much money. Any feedback would be great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Cock cans

I must confess, that does not sound as appealing as an idea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it's probably legit, but there's a decent chance they don't actually have the ticket, so you'll end up with no ticket and get refunded.
    don't think they "scam" anyone by taking their money and not giving them a ticket though.

don't know what you paid for the ticket, but you almost certainly would have got one for face value (€240) or less on toutless.com in a few weeks, or even on the EP facebook event page, rather than giving money to the scumbags at Viagogo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

whilst "titty vodka" sounds very appealing to me in general!

as a bloke, using that method might not work that well.

crotch vodka then :) ... capri sun style container down the jocks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Alison Spittle. Comedy Stage. Does not compute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Abandoman is class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I really like Milton jones actually hurrah!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

Ah nobody at comedy for me this year. That’s grand. It’s a tiny pain getting into and out of that tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

I loved those improv guys last year. Early afternoon pint and chips eaten sitting on the floor of the comedy tent is a great way to ease into a new day / sesh

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

I should have stuck this into the initial post with the other stuff

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/essentials

Alcohol for Personal Consumption (not contained in glass bottles)

Campsites : YES (limited to 48 cans per person)
    Main Arena : NO (prior to bars closing at 1am, then up to 4 cans p/p)

Note : you can have spirits in campsites too, just make sure they are in a plastic or other container. You will be made to decant them into another container at the ticket entry or you will not be allowed bring them in if they're in glass.

Is there a limit on spirits? Thinking of 2L of vodka or something and a slab of cans will do me for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Bar Abandoman, nothing on Comedy tent that I would put time aside to see. Nothing of the same quality of Dylan Moran/Bill Bailey from last couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’d thought the comedy line up was already announced last Friday.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

where the 'bandits at!

at least there is no Al Porter!

Rfrip wrote: »
    I’d thought the comedy line up was already announced last Friday.........

Plenty of people would disagree with your opinion on the line up. I actually have loads I want to see, so much so that clashes are inevitable.
    As for the comedy stage, it's not somewhere I have spent time in years, and judging by the line up this year, that's not going to change this year.

23 days from now I shall be cracking into my 4th/5th can of the weekend... work productivity is nose diving dramatically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Chris Kent will be worth seeing, saw him support Deirdre O Kane and he was far funnier.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I’m sure blindboy will show up somewhere, he’s been there every year for ages now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Raekwondo wrote: »
    Is there a limit on spirits? Thinking of 2L of vodka or something and a slab of cans will do me for the weekend.

2l of vodka!

Are you an elephant?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

That sounds like a bit much man. I brought 24 cans and a 70cl of vodka to body and soul this year and just about finished it, i think I gave away a few of the cans as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

MadYaker wrote: »
    I’m sure blindboy will show up somewhere, he’s been there every year for ages now.

I'm sure he'll be giving his usual laughably naive and ill-thought-out opinions about current affairs somewhere in the Mindfield area over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

First time I have waded in on the 2nd announcement.

I get what people say about "if you don't like the bands, don't go to those bands" and that "there is plenty of good stuff on". This is all true, but the problem is that lots of people (particularly after ATN) will sell on their tickets. Considering that you have the Prodigy (saw them once many years ago, loved it), and the bland Irish stuff... who is gonna buy those spare tickets? Skangers and kids, that's who. And no matter how hard you try, they will be impossible to avoid.

Since the weekend I have been seriously considering selling my weekend ticket and campervan ticket. I have been to every EP and if I do go this year, it will be my last. For me, in the last 5 years, it has been sliding down a slippery slope and last Friday does not signal a turnaround next year. I have had some amazing moments in Stradbally over the years, but "all good things" as they say.

MadYaker wrote: »
    That sounds like a bit much man. I brought 24 cans and a 70cl of vodka to body and soul this year and just about finished it, i think I gave away a few of the cans as well.

Myself and the boss bring about 36 cans and a bottle of vodka between us, and end up bringing some of it home. Few in the morning, couple at night, pints inside during the day.
    Less of a load to transport from the car too.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

First time I have waded in on the 2nd announcement.

I get what people say about "if you don't like the bands, don't go to those bands" and that "there is plenty of good stuff on". This is all true, but the problem is that lots of people (particularly after ATN) will sell on their tickets. Considering that you have the Prodigy (saw them once many years ago, loved it), and the bland Irish stuff... who is gonna buy those spare tickets? Skangers and kids, that's who. And no matter how hard you try, they will be impossible to avoid.

Since the weekend I have been seriously considering selling my weekend ticket and campervan ticket. I have been to every EP and if I do go this year, it will be my last. For me, in the last 5 years, it has been sliding down a slippery slope and last Friday does not signal a turnaround next year. I have had some amazing moments in Stradbally over the years, but "all good things" as they say.

I hear you. But I was similarly unimpressed with the lineup last year. And for me it ended up being the best one ever. So many other factors made it work,.. the weather, the company, and the surprise that was Duran Duran’s performance

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

2l of vodka!

Are you an elephant?

Haha not quite, just making sure I don't under estimate how much I might need, don't mind sharing either so it helps to have a bit extra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MusicLover8498

Does anyone know do heineken still let you give your cans in to be kept cold? Vaguely remember it being in Hendrix but never using it, just wondering if it was still a thing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement