Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

Raekwondo wrote: »
    Haha not quite, just making sure I don't under estimate how much I might need, don't mind sharing either so it helps to have a bit extra.

i bring two slabs, a bottle of voddy and two or three red wines
    (sorry on the phone here....hello is that Alcoholics Anonymous....)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Does anyone know do heineken still let you give your cans in to be kept cold? Vaguely remember it being in Hendrix but never using it, just wondering if it was still a thing?

It was there the last few years anyway. Very handy. Not normally a Henieken drinker, but drink it for EP for that reason alone.

Little bit of interesting info though - it closes at 10 pm ish on the Sunday night and if you haven't got your cans out by then, they're gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

everlast75 wrote: »
    at least there is no Al Porter!

He was actually very, very funny at EP 2016 and normally detest the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

I'm sure he'll be giving his usual laughably naive and ill-thought-out opinions about current affairs somewhere in the Mindfield area over the weekend.

Don't hold back now....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah you should have waited and got one on toutless and donedeal easily for cost price the week of the festival. It’s the same every year. These touting sites are a cancer and I wish people would stop giving them money for nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Ninepenceneady

Hello, just looking for some info from anyone that has done the boutique camping at EP.
    I have always gone to festivals in a campervan, first time doing boutique.
    We are staying in the Harvest Moon in a podpad tent..
    So question-

Can you bring a disposable bbq into these campsites?

Is there a specific car park for ppl camping in boutique?

Any other tips or info greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance for help..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

So according to what I can see on each acts own website these acts are playing the below days.. Obviously take the Friday ones with a pinch of salt as they might just have the first day of the festival listed.

Friday|Saturday|Sunday
    Walking On Cars|Massive Attack|The Prodigy
    Benjamine Clementine|NERD|George Ezra
    Delorentos|Dua Lipa|St Vincent
    |Dermot Kennedy|The Kooks
    |Friendly Fires|Chvrches
    |Jorja Smith|Cigarettes After Sex
    |Jungle|Death Grips
    |Mount Kimbie|DJ Koze
    |Tom Misch|Jessie Ware
    |Wolf Alice|Colter Wall
    |Sevdaliza|Inner Circle
    ||Lucy Dacus
    ||Wyvern Lingo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I saw Kevin McGahern at ATN and he was hilarious. My sister saw David McSavage and she said he was the funniest thing she'd ever seen. Scurrilous stuff, half the tent on the verge of walking out but brilliant. I never see much comedy but that's not the worst line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

CaraCS wrote: »
    Hi there I'm looking for some advice. I recently bought a ticket for Electric Picnic 2018 off Viagogo.ie and paid an excessive amount for it but price isn't the issue. I as told my ticket would be here no later than 21st August which is fine but I stupidly decided to look at website reviews AFTER I had purchased the ticket and I'm wondering is it legit or am I going to be scammed? I'm so nervous because I paid so much money. Any feedback would be great!

If you do end up getting ripped off DM me-I've just been to ATN and sadly EP just seems that bit less appealing-it wouldn't kill me if i didn't go and is only a cheap early bird ticket anyway.....

On the subject, as a toutless devotee, I'm constantly bewildered at people's lack of knowledge of the site, which is a shame. I have only once failed to get a ticket for a gig (Nils Frahm in the NCH earlier this year) and have never failed to offload a ticket. That's quite a record and some amenity to have for someone that goes to a silly number gigs as I do....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Who has the best Spotify Playlist covering all additions?

Seems that people have some but not all; especially EP themselves.

What list are all of you using?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

You would be more likely to get an answer in the main EP 2018 thread.

But
    1. Check the Harvest Moon website, i doubt it though.
    2. No.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

They haven't changed that playlist since the first announcement... None of the new acts on the website either on the A-Z list... It's almost like they are not even trying this year...

eplady2017 wrote: »
    They haven't changed that playlist since the first announcement... None of the new acts on the website either on the A-Z list... It's almost like they are not even trying this year...

was same with ATN and Forbidden fruit.

It's a big aspect of the experience and you would imagine the artists would like to be promoted too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

i bring two slabs, a bottle of voddy and two or three red wines
    (sorry on the phone here....hello is that Alcoholics Anonymous....)

I only bring a couple of cans for Friday as beer hangovers kill me. Plus I hate warm cans. Usually have bottle of wine, litre of espresso martini homemade and this year I bring the margaritas as I have a new love of tequila. My martinis were gone in an hour as I shared. Great hangover cure and pure notions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

https://open.spotify.com/user/tommyhannafin/playlist/2CUymo1jB6nEHq4t4ydsk5?si=6ZqQYy5gQ4q9rl58GKJTcQ
    This is playlist I put together of main arena 2nd announcements few songs from each artist for research purposes. Hope helps

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I'm sure he'll be giving his usual laughably naive and ill-thought-out opinions about current affairs somewhere in the Mindfield area over the weekend.

Tent pegs are symbols of the patriarchy and some other hot takes about how attending a festival is a rebellion against the neo liberal agenda.

kg703 wrote: »
    I only bring a couple of cans for Friday as beer hangovers kill me. Plus I hate warm cans. Usually have bottle of wine, litre of espresso martini homemade and this year I bring the margaritas as I have a new love of tequila. My martinis were gone in an hour as I shared. Great hangover cure and pure notions

expect to be hunted down and savagely beaten for this...
    (by my wife;))

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

We did this last year too! Espresso martini that is. We filled a thermos that morning. Made the espressos the night before and kept in fridge. Then mixed it at 7am whilst feeding my children breakfast. Like you, I shared and it was all gone in 15 minutes.

Recipe for anyone that’s interested...
    One shot espresso
    One spoonful sugar (dissolved in hot espresso)
    One measure vodka
    One measure Tia Maria
    Shake it up with few cubes of ice and decant into cold thermos.

I think I made the above x 8

Mucker46 wrote: »
    https://open.spotify.com/user/tommyhannafin/playlist/2CUymo1jB6nEHq4t4ydsk5?si=6ZqQYy5gQ4q9rl58GKJTcQ
    This is playlist I put together of main arena 2nd announcements few songs from each artist for research purposes. Hope helps

Thanks have been listening all day.

Just want something to encompass all the acts.

But have to say you've helped me discover delorentos and cloves so thanks alot :)

But have to say you've helped me discover delorentos and cloves so thanks alot :)

Body and soul main stage https://open.spotify.com/user/tommyhannafin/playlist/3arJvsH14DNqamnrNWIkbm?si=QYIs427sQiiPqBUFBIFB3g

• Advertisement

This is a different link to yesterday's has all acts from announcement 2 not just the ones I am interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Just back from a festival this weekend and already getting shocking withdrawal symptoms. :( Why do festival's do this. I'd imagine after EP I'll probably want to stab myself in the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

PinkCamper wrote: »
    We did this last year too! Espresso martini that is. We filled a thermos that morning. Made the espressos the night before and kept in fridge. Then mixed it at 7am whilst feeding my children breakfast. Like you, I shared and it was all gone in 15 minutes.

One shot espresso
    One measure vodka
    One measure Tia Maria

great idea!

every year we plan on sourcing some milk from the shop down there and making White Russians, but inevitably just end up not bothering and necking the vodka/kahlua separately :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

PinkCamper wrote: »

One shot espresso
    One measure vodka
    One measure Tia Maria

Kaluha and raspberry bols instead of vodka and tia maria also works

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

A few pages ago someone was asking the best way to keep cans cold, now everyone has turned into Tom Cruise in Cocktail. Great idea the beer/cider can get a bit much after a few days 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Only for The Prodigy being announced, I was planning on selling my tickets and our podpad. My husband has decided that he's only going to EP for one night or, most likely, not at all.
    Our socks were blown off by ATN, although it was by no means perfect, but we're definitely converted. However, what I will say is that the weather at ATN was a massive factor. Free flow of traffic and little walking was an absolute relief for me as I have wicked problems with my back.
    I'm already having nightmares about the walk into EP and the queuing and the walking and the queuing and the walking.

On a side note, I bought a trolley in Argos for €25 and it worked out perfectly so if you're looking for a trolley, I'd recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

Maybe I can’t count or got the wrong poster for last year but I counted around 113 acts on 2017 poster and 130-something acts on 2018’s. I did this last night so maybe I also forgot the exact numbers. Just know there’s definitely a bit more this year on the poster.

Probably means absolutely nothing but I was curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Through a rearrangement of existing engagements I'm actually now able to go to picnic after all, livid I missed out on the 3 presale 2 weeks ago now. They usually release tickets last minute a week or so beforehand don't they? I've defo bought these a couple of years, just wondering if that's still the pattern.

erica74 wrote: »
    Only for The Prodigy being announced, I was planning on selling my tickets and our podpad. My husband has decided that he's only going to EP for one night or, most likely, not at all.
    Our socks were blown off by ATN, although it was by no means perfect, but we're definitely converted. However, what I will say is that the weather at ATN was a massive factor. Free flow of traffic and little walking was an absolute relief for me as I have wicked problems with my back.
    I'm already having nightmares about the walk into EP and the queuing and the walking and the queuing and the walking.

On a side note, I bought a trolley in Argos for €25 and it worked out perfectly so if you're looking for a trolley, I'd recommend it.

Dont doubt it worked out well for you but i'd still recommend one with big inflatable wheels for EP, if i had a nickel for the amount of abandoned small hard wheel trolleys you see....a lot of them don't even make it through the car park fields on the way in, ATNs path must have been lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

ATN was about 5 mins from car to tent for us

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement