Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

PinkCamper wrote: »
    We did this last year too! Espresso martini that is. We filled a thermos that morning. Made the espressos the night before and kept in fridge. Then mixed it at 7am whilst feeding my children breakfast. Like you, I shared and it was all gone in 15 minutes.

Recipe for anyone that’s interested...
    One shot espresso
    One spoonful sugar (dissolved in hot espresso)
    One measure vodka
    One measure Tia Maria
    Shake it up with few cubes of ice and decant into cold thermos.

I think I made the above x 8

Have anyone tried freezing this? Thinking of Sunday Morn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,838 ✭✭✭blackwhite

If you head down M9 to Athy, and approach from that side you can try and get into the Yellow car park. It's the one closest to Boutique campsite.

On a separate topic - does anyone know if the change to "Harvest Moon" Boutique changes the wristbands?

Last time round the Boutique wristbands got you entry into the VIP section in the main arena - is that still part of the Boutique offering or has it changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

ab4248 wrote: »
    Have anyone tried freezing this? Thinking of Sunday Morn

Three weeks left to experiment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Dont doubt it worked out well for you but i'd still recommend one with big inflatable wheels for EP, if i had a nickel for the amount of abandoned small hard wheel trolleys you see....a lot of them don't even make it through the car park fields on the way in, ATNs path must have been lovely!

Where would you get one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

erica74 wrote: »

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=garden+trolley+ireland

there's a few places have them

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

There is a primary EP 2018 thread where you are likely to get an answer.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=garden+trolley+ireland

there's a few places have them

I thought that poster had a suggestion for a particular 4 wheel trolley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

this is the one i have (its a fishing trolley)

great thing about it is that it stands on its own as well
    so when youre lugging your stuff along bit by bit in the queue or whatever
    it just stands there when you let go, i put the slabs on the front bit with a couple of cabin size cases and the camp chairs, mats, etc slot in the section where you hold it standing up. slap a couple of bungees or rachet straps around the load and its all good, the jealousy from onlookers is palpable!

ill see if i can source one in ireland

EDIT: the four wheel trolleys work a treat too but I had my yoke anyway and it folds up nicely for transport

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/BISON-FOLDING-FISHING-SEAT-BOX-PULL-TROLLEY-/391585760689

it just stands there when you let go, i put the slabs on the front bit with a couple of cabin size cases and the camp chairs, mats, etc slot in the section where you hold it standing up. slap a couple of bungees or rachet straps around the load and its all good, the jealousy from onlookers is palpable!

EDIT: the four wheel trolleys work a treat too but I had my yoke anyway and it folds up nicely for transport

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/BISON-FOLDING-FISHING-SEAT-BOX-PULL-TROLLEY-/391585760689

Holy shit, I'd say the jealous looks were mighty! I was probably someone looking at you full of jealousy:pac:

I want to buy a 4 wheel one and also employ someone for the weekend to pull me around:D

Holy shit, I'd say the jealous looks were mighty! I was probably someone looking at you full of jealousy:pac:

I want to buy a 4 wheel one and also employ someone for the weekend to pull me around:D

haha, thats the job!

heres a nice grainy video on my wonder trolley
    just replace "fishing" with "festival" lolz!

the tall rod bag area is where your campchairs, goundmats etc go!
    replace the seatbox with cans! you get the idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iym4gEGWa1E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Thanks have been listening all day.

Just want something to encompass all the acts.

But have to say you've helped me discover delorentos and cloves so thanks alot :)

Just heard delorentos as well. I'll be checking them out

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Woodies do them. 55 i think. They are a godsend . I take 3 slabs tent chairs etc in on it. Duct tape required

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

declanleo wrote: »
    Just heard delorentos as well. I'll be checking them out

Petardu is one of the best Irish songs of the last 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Petardu is one of the best Irish songs of the last 5 years.

They are generally very good live as well. Playing Olympia in October have tickets for that as well. Highly recommend Columbia mills as well

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Burkie94

If anyone finds this/something like it anywhere Dublin/Ireland based could ye throw it in here? Looks like a perfect little trolley but that ebay shipping is slightly prohibitive!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Note to mod, change title to Electric Picnic 2019 to save one of us starting the new thread. :):D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

declanleo wrote: »
    Woodies do them. 55 i think. They are a godsend . I take 3 slabs tent chairs etc in on it. Duct tape required

Bungee cords.

Poorside wrote: »
    Bungee cords.

Indeed, no messing with tape! Ratchet straps even better!, about 3e in Mr price/eurogiant,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Bit late to the party on keeping beer cold, but I recall one year bring instant Ice packs (from first aid kits), activating 1 or 2 and putting them into box with some water in morning/afternoon to get the drinks cooled.

https://www.firstaidshop.ie/Instant-Ice-Pack-50s-p/fas046.htm

Cans under the tent, and/or Emergency foil blankets over the cans help too.

Weepsie wrote: »
    Bit late to the party on keeping beer cold, but I recall one year bring instant Ice packs (from first aid kits), activating 1 or 2 and putting them into box with some water in morning/afternoon to get the drinks cooled.

Nice idea on the ice packs!!
    Cans under the tent always helps all right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Weepsie wrote: »

Great shout on the packs

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Mucker46 wrote: »
    They are generally very good live as well. Playing Olympia in October have tickets for that as well. Highly recommend Columbia mills as well

Two of the most meh bands around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Delorentos have been the masters of average since day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Delorentos have been the masters of average since day 1.

The joy of music something for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Beginning to understand that Trump trailer park monstrosity a couple of years back...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 howdido

Abandoman is class
    Completely agree! Abandoman are well worth going to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Has anyone had VIP passes for EP.
    Where is the VIP area and any idea what's in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

haitens wrote: »
    Has anyone had VIP passes for EP.
    Where is the VIP area and any idea what's in it?

It is to the right of the main stage if you are looking at it, up by the house. There are nice toilets, a bar with cocktails etc a viewing platform, some food vendors. It is grand, nothing special tbh don't expect to be rubbing shoulders with anybody remotely VIP like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,838 ✭✭✭blackwhite

In past years the Boutique camping wristbands also gave access to the VIP area.

Anyone know if that's still the same with the "revamp" to Harvet Moon Boutique

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

blackwhite wrote: »
    In past years the Boutique camping wristbands also gave access to the VIP area.

Anyone know if that's still the same with the "revamp" to Harvet Moon Boutique

Not all of them did, for Pink Moon it's an extra fee to access the "vip" area and I suspect it's the same for some of the others.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement