Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,838 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Not all of them did, for Pink Moon it's an extra fee to access the "vip" area and I suspect it's the same for some of the others.

Pink Moon wasn't part of the "Boutique" campsite - and it had different wristbands.

The old Boutique campsite was the one near the lake, and had a distinct wristband for entry that also covered the VIP area. It was the one with Silk Road, Hearthworks and a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

blackwhite wrote: »
    In past years the Boutique camping wristbands also gave access to the VIP area.

Anyone know if that's still the same with the "revamp" to Harvet Moon Boutique

AFAIK, this hasn't happened for at least 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

It is to the right of the main stage if you are looking at it, up by the house. There are nice toilets, a bar with cocktails etc a viewing platform, some food vendors. It is grand, nothing special tbh don't expect to be rubbing shoulders with anybody remotely VIP like.

Might be worth it for the toilets alone, cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sweeneed

Poorside wrote: »
    Chris Kent will be worth seeing, saw him support Deirdre O Kane and he was far funnier.

the standout comedian for me. hilarious every time Ive seen him and well worth going to!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

The last two years Silk Road boutique camping wristbands have provided access into the VIP area. Grand for the rain, but that's about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

They were definitely giving VIP wristbands with boutique camping in 2015 and 2016. Not sure about currently.
    *pink moon area doesn’t qualify

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

I stayed in pink moon the last 2 years and paid 65 for the vip wristband. Just had boutique written on it, and was pink and glittery. They can be added as extras when booking.

There was always hassle on the first day when trying to enter the vip area with, luckily pink moon isnt that far of a walk from there so they sorted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

On the bungee ropes and duct tape.... we always use a roll of cling film to secure the load on the trolley. Works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

65 quid would feed and water me for the weekend, it's a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

65 quid would feed and water me for the weekend, it's a bit much.

Jesus you dont eat much

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Jesus you dont eat much

have a couple of bananas and breakfast bar things in the tent for first thing in the AM along with usual filler suspects such as a mars bar etc...

I tend to not eat a massive amount during the day but in the early evening, one of the big burritos and then later on a massive gourmet horses willy (sausage) usually tides me over till i'm back at the tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sure if you've already wasted a heap on pink moon, what's another €65 down the drain

teehee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

maximoose wrote: »
    Sure if you've already wasted a heap on pink moon, what's another €65 down the drain

teehee

Anyone ever not been able to get seating with their VIP bands during the Headliner sets (other popular sets)

or is it a general, yeah we sell a set amount and all will have room?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Jerry Fish announcement next week. Wonder if we will get salty dog this week

Snarky Snark Snark

maximoose wrote: »

Pink moon (and all the other fancy campy things) are pricey yes, but an extra 65 pushes it into silly money for the weekend and i just don't see the benefit in it

(disclaimer : i've not been into the vip and it could be a magical wonderland of unicorns, beautiful people who like being drooled on and gold plated sh1tters with silk sheets for bog paper but i somehow doubt it).

It was valid in 2016 when I was last there

Pink moon (and all the other fancy campy things) are pricey yes, but an extra 65 pushes it into silly money for the weekend and i just don't see the benefit in it

(disclaimer : i've not been into the vip and it could be a magical wonderland of unicorns, beautiful people who like being drooled on and gold plated sh1tters with silk sheets for bog paper but i somehow doubt it).

I used it back in the day and IMHO it isn't worth 65 quid per person.

It was valid in 2016 when I was last there

Included as part of Boutique without paying extra?

Yes.

Boutique campsite - not Pink Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Yeah I’ve had it with the festihuts with the last 6 years

Deffo not worth 65e... criminal charging that tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

The first year we paid the 65 each, my gf at the time got talking to the lead singer from ham sandwich and she was delighted for the weekend. No such luck the 2nd year.

There is cashback at the bar and fancy toilets, and the platform is great for the headliners when it's packed. It should really be included for the price you pay in pink moon anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Sneaked into pink moon in 2016 with a few friends and were constantly shushed as people were trying to sleep..... it was half 12.

Only go to pink moon or boutique camping if you don't wanna have the craic after hours in your tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Rfrip wrote: »

Hoping for a freebie in work wouldn't pay extra for it

Snarky Snark Snark

Sneaked into pink moon in 2016 with a few friends and were constantly shushed as people were trying to sleep..... it was half 12.

Only go to pink moon or boutique camping if you don't wanna have the craic after hours in your tent!

Pink Moon has a large covered bar area for after hours fun.

We are not savages.

Yes.

Boutique campsite - not Pink Moon

First couple of times I did boutique (many moons ago) it was included, but the last time we did festihuts with friends, it was not (2010 maybe?). Good to know it is back on the cards. Its handy around the main stage if included in your cost, but IMO not worth paying 65 quid for.

Rfrip wrote: »

Why is it not worth it; what are the negatives?, forgetting about the price.

Thinking of maybe picking some up

Why is it not worth it; what are the negatives?, forgetting about the price.

Thinking of maybe picking some up

Determining the worth of something must take the price into account by definition.

Determining the worth of something must take the price into account by definition.

What did people like and what do they not like?

I just asked assume it's free, what are the pros and cons.

Air is free,

Some air is smoky and not nice to breathe and other air is fresh as the dewy morning.

But it's still free.

What did people like and what do they not like?

I just asked assume it's free, what are the pros and cons.

Air is free,

Some air is smoky and not nice to breathe and other air is fresh as the dewy morning.

But it's still free.

If its free there are no cons.

- A tented bar where you can sit down
    - A viewing platform for the main stage
    - decent bogs (like in Boutique)
    - A bit of space to chill out usually with some comfy chairs

So there are no disadvantages obviously, it just is a question of value for money.

• Advertisement

If its free there are no cons.

- A tented bar where you can sit down
    - A viewing platform for the main stage
    - decent bogs (like in Boutique)
    - A bit of space to chill out usually with some comfy chairs

So there are no disadvantages obviously, it just is a question of value for money.

Thanks for that,

And did people generally get seated in the viewing platform when they wanted or was it fully booked for when a headliner was on?

Is it actually seats or are you still standing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement