Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

So who are we expecting to perform on the main stage then aside from the headliners? Have a feeling it is going to be a weak year for the main stage and I will probably spend minimum time at it which is a shame as I enjoy flaking out with a pint watching an act on that stage.

Friday - Kendrick Lamar, Ben Howard, Walking on Cars, Delorentos
    Saturday - NERD, Massive Attack, Dua Lipa, Gavin James, Ham Sandwich, Hudson Taylor
    Sunday - The Prodigy, Picture This, George Ezra, The Kooks, Mavis Staples, Inner Circle

Above is just guesswork (not confirmed) based on my post yesterday about who is playing what days. I wonder will NERD or Massive Attack play the late slot on the Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

Ham Sandwich are on in the Electric Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

I've done Boutique camping the past couple of years with silk road, and the VIP area was allowed with that wristband, think i bought one whiskey from the bar one year and used the toilets, nothing to write home about. good for bringing drinks from the campsite into the main area that the only big Advantage.
    Doing pink moon for the first time this year, Can you bring drinks from the pink moon in to the main arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

For defo? If any idea which day

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

So who are we expecting to perform on the main stage then aside from the headliners? Have a feeling it is going to be a weak year for the main stage and I will probably spend minimum time at it which is a shame as I enjoy flaking out with a pint watching an act on that stage.

Friday - Kendrick Lamar, Ben Howard, Walking on Cars, Delorentos
    Saturday - NERD, Massive Attack, Dua Lipa, Gavin James, Ham Sandwich, Hudson Taylor
    Sunday - The Prodigy, Picture This, George Ezra, The Kooks, Mavis Staples, Inner Circle

Above is just guesswork based on my post yesterday about who is playing what days. I wonder will NERD or Massive Attack play the late slot on the Saturday?
    Are picture this, ezra and the kooks all Def playing the Sunday? Ye úr right the main stage will be poor this year... I'm going to be forced to go rave even more with the lack of bands to go see:) and I'm surprised nerd and kendrick aren't the one night... Thanks for the info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Pink moon (and all the other fancy campy things) are pricey yes, but an extra 65 pushes it into silly money for the weekend and i just don't see the benefit in it

(disclaimer : i've not been into the vip and it could be a magical wonderland of unicorns, beautiful people who like being drooled on and gold plated sh1tters with silk sheets for bog paper but i somehow doubt it).

Only been in once in 2010 when pal playing the main stage got passes for loads of us. Toilets were nice but two out of three were broken so of little use. My partner got lots of free make-up from a Mac stall there so she was delighted. Good wood-burning pizza oven and the bar was comfortable. It also stayed open til 1.30/2am at a time when the main arena bars closed at 12 on Fri/Sat and 11 on the Sunday. Big bonus then, not now. Overall a waste of cash I'd say and I'd not personally pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Who has the best Spotify Playlist covering all additions?

Seems that people have some but not all; especially EP themselves.

What list are all of you using?

https://open.spotify.com/user/1157820226/playlist/1L2JgU6k3lE4UQOI7WqJBt?si=-RXfecQ9Tb-KMYosRSu3iA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

tonto123 wrote: »
    Are picture this, ezra and the kooks all Def playing the Sunday? Ye úr right the main stage will be poor this year... I'm going to be forced to go rave even more with the lack of bands to go see:) and I'm surprised nerd and kendrick aren't the one night... Thanks for the info

According to their websites The Kooks & George Ezra are Sunday. Thought some poster said Picture This were on Sunday but could be wrong.

NERD have on their website they are on Saturday night, not sure if Kendrick is on Friday but just guessing as it seems the only night without a headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

I think Chvrches will be on the main stage this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 conork12

d_levins wrote: »
    Doing pink moon for the first time this year, Can you bring drinks from the pink moon in to the main arena?

Loved being able to bring drink in from boutique. We would walk around the service road and straight into the VIP area or to the main stage with backpacks full of cans. Hopefully the security guards are as sound in pink moon!

• Advertisement

Paddy2012 wrote: »

I'm really hoping they are headlining a sub stage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

According to their websites The Kooks & George Ezra are Sunday. Thought some poster said Picture This were on Sunday but could be wrong.

NERD have on their website they are on Saturday night, not sure if Kendrick is on Friday but just guessing as it seems the only night without a headliner.
    plus he's in Europe for all of August, and playing Reading/Leeds on the previous Saturday and Sunday, so it would make sense that he plays here on the following Friday and then heads back to the US, rather than hanging around any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

d_levins wrote: »

not until the bars close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Officially.

Stayed in PM the last two years and they let us through with beer as long as we put it in those plastic cups.

No PM this year so hiding various things around the body will be my mission

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Paddy2012 wrote: »

I hope not. They will work much better in the EA after dark. Really hope they’re not early evening in the daylight

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Sneaked into pink moon in 2016 with a few friends and were constantly shushed as people were trying to sleep..... it was half 12.

Only go to pink moon or boutique camping if you don't wanna have the craic after hours in your tent!

That is the beauty of Pink Moon. There is a policy of no noise between 1am and 7am. That’s what you’re paying for. It’s supposed to be an oasis of calm and order for those that like that. Plenty of craic to be had out beyond its gates at any time of day or night. It’s not for everyone. If you like long sessions into the daylight with guitars and loud people, then Pink Moon is not for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

kg703 wrote: »
    Officially.

Stayed in PM the last two years and they let us through with beer as long as we put it in those plastic cups.

No PM this year so hiding various things around the body will be my mission

just finished the latest season of OITNB, prison pocket is my new fav term :D

Stage|Date17|Date 18
    Main Stage 1|Mar 15|Mar 14
    Other Voices 1|May 3|July 5
    Trench 1|May 11|June 12
    Food|May 17|May 29
    Transmission|May 19|July 24
    Main Stage 2|June 23|Aug 3
    Anachronica|July 12|July 12
    Casa Bacardi|July 18|July 3
    Hazel Wood|July 20|July 20
    Body & Soul|July 27|July 31
    Other Voices2|July 31|Aug 2
    Comedy|Aug 2|Aug 8
    Electric Ire|Aug 8|Aug 8
    Salty Dog|Aug 9
    Jerry Fish|Aug 10
    Heineken|Aug 10|Aug 1
    Mindfield|Aug 11
    Trailer Park|Aug 17
    Main Stage 3|Aug 17|N/A

Next few days should kill off the list.

Stage|Date17|Date 18
    Main Stage 1|Mar 15|Mar 14
    Other Voices 1|May 3|July 5
    Trench 1|May 11|June 12
    Food|May 17|May 29
    Transmission|May 19|July 24
    Main Stage 2|June 23|Aug 3
    Anachronica|July 12|July 12
    Casa Bacardi|July 18|July 3
    Hazel Wood|July 20|July 20
    Body & Soul|July 27|July 31
    Other Voices2|July 31|Aug 2
    Comedy|Aug 2|Aug 8
    Electric Ire|Aug 8|Aug 8
    Salty Dog|Aug 9
    Jerry Fish|Aug 10
    Heineken|Aug 10|Aug 1
    Mindfield|Aug 11
    Trailer Park|Aug 17
    Main Stage 3|Aug 17|N/A

Next few days should kill off the list.

Possibly a few more for the main arena? Irish acts who've played recent local festivals.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Possibly a few more for the main arena? Irish acts who've played recent local festivals.

I doubt it, the last release was pretty clear about it being the final announcement. The kinds of bands you are talking about are Le Gal and Django Django? I'd say they could go on Salty or Jerry Fish

• Advertisement

I doubt it, the last release was pretty clear about it being the final announcement. The kinds of bands you are talking about are Le Gal and Django Django? I'd say they could go on Salty or Jerry Fish

Yeah, exactly those. And I'd have though both too big for those stages. Body & Soul main for sure but bar Ash there's never been an enormous crowd puller at JF. Would prefer if you were right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Django Django aren't Irish, don't think they're small enough to be put on one of those stages either, they'd be more well known than Ham Sandwich for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Ugh I hope none of the sh!te Irish bands they’ve booked are on before the prodigy or Kendrick, surely they’d be electric arena headliners? Coronas would fit that slot but if my ears are assaulted by even one syllable of that moaney fûckers voice I’ll cry

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Django Django aren't Irish, don't think they're small enough to be put on one of those stages either, they'd be more well known than Ham Sandwich for instance.

Lead singer is Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

MadYaker wrote: »
    Ugh I hope none of the sh!te Irish bands they’ve booked are on before the prodigy or Kendrick, surely they’d be electric arena headliners? Coronas would fit that slot but if my ears are assaulted by even one syllable of that moaney fûckers voice I’ll cry
    I hope they do, keep that sh1te on the main stage where it belongs thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Our anecdotal experience of going staying in Pink Moon was security didn't give a **** about bringing booze through to the arena. Weren't stopped or questioned once, even while being searched with a can in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlaaEater

conork12 wrote: »
    Hopefully the security guards are as sound in pink moon!

They're not, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

I doubt it, the last release was pretty clear about it being the final announcement.
    Was bewitched a further announcement?
    Obviously not huge but might suggest one or two more suprises in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

patch wrote: »
    Was bewitched a further announcement?
    Obviously not huge but might suggest one or two more suprises in store.

Bewitched playing electric Ireland throwback tent. Jerry Fish tweeted announcement next week. Given numbers don't expect anymore for main arena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

tonto123 wrote: »

For defo? If any idea which day
    Unless there's a change of plan, but yes as it stands. Saturday. Don't know what time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement