Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Salty Dog:

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/salty-dog-has-just-announced-its-line

OTHERKIN - KATIE LAFFAN - GALWAY STREET CLUB - THE BLIZZARDS - JINX LENNON - DR SCHWAMP - THE ESKIES - FIVE GRAND STEREO - TRACK DOGS - KEYWEST - BRONAGH GALLAGHER - THESE CHARMING MEN - INTERSKALACTIC - THE UNELECTABLES - SHOGUNS OF SKANK - THE PALE - STATE LIGHTS - BIONIC RATS - ROADHOUSE DOORS - MUTEFISH - JOBSEEKERZ - POGUEOLOGY - SKATUESQUES - MODERN LOVE - SQUARE PEGS - HUX AND THE HITMEN - THE WEDNESDAY GANG - TONY VILLIERS AND THE VILLAINS - THE4 - THE SALTY DOG NO STARS - MONTAUK HOTEL
    Among the bands taking to the decks of this fallen 40-tonne French vessel are the explosive wild men of Otherkin, ska-mongers Bionic Rats, Interskalactic and Skatesques, and huge welcome back to the woods for our favourite Cathy Davey. Then there are the really noisy ones: The eponymous Mick Pyro and Pete Pamf (aka Shogunz of Skank), the bare-chested busking riot that is the Galway Street Club, the Bronx-Cuban Londoners who belt out gypsy ska Dr Schwamp, sea-soaked folksters The Eskies, 70s-style art rock from Five Grand Stereo, the out-of-work lunatics Jobseekerz, urban punk poet Jinx Lennon, the punky stage anarchists Pogueology, the maiden voyage for the high-octane men of Mullingar The Blizzards; we welcome State Lights and Keywest to our humble forest, along with the upbeat melodies of Katie Laffan, a burst of sunshine from Track Dogs, the incredible discovery of Modern Love, the Motown-worship of Bronagh Gallagher .... and very, very special visits to the festival's beloved shipwreck by no less than six Main Arena acts....

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sweeneed

PinkCamper wrote: »
    That is the beauty of Pink Moon. There is a policy of no noise between 1am and 7am. That’s what you’re paying for. It’s supposed to be an oasis of calm and order for those that like that. Plenty of craic to be had out beyond its gates at any time of day or night. It’s not for everyone. If you like long sessions into the daylight with guitars and loud people, then Pink Moon is not for you.

i crawled out of my pink moon tent last year and the neighbours were like 'oh heres mister liam gallagher himself' but didnt seem to mind. the next night i think i thought i was luke kelly - play to the masses!!! i think pink moon is essential when with the misses really. would only get miserable in the regular camping

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

thats a great lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sweeneed

Salty Dog:

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/salty-dog-has-just-announced-its-line

OTHERKIN - KATIE LAFFAN - GALWAY STREET CLUB - THE BLIZZARDS - JINX LENNON - DR SCHWAMP - THE ESKIES - FIVE GRAND STEREO - TRACK DOGS - KEYWEST - BRONAGH GALLAGHER - THESE CHARMING MEN - INTERSKALACTIC - THE UNELECTABLES - SHOGUNS OF SKANK - THE PALE - STATE LIGHTS - BIONIC RATS - ROADHOUSE DOORS - MUTEFISH - JOBSEEKERZ - POGUEOLOGY - SKATUESQUES - MODERN LOVE - SQUARE PEGS - HUX AND THE HITMEN - THE WEDNESDAY GANG - TONY VILLIERS AND THE VILLAINS - THE4 - THE SALTY DOG NO STARS - MONTAUK HOTEL

super! cant beat the good tributes. i enjoy them better than the bland nonsense on offer most of the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, can see myself spending more time at the Salty Dog this time round. Hope to catch Jinx Lennon this year. Glad Pogueology got a more robust venue...let's see if they can wreck this gaff. Turning into the tribute act stage of choice. There'll be some joyous gigs there over the weekend.

• Advertisement

Ah Cathy Davey's there as well! I love Cathy. She's lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Loads of good stuff there, that’s more like it EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

not going this year, Will miss the salty dog more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Stillill42 wrote: »

Turning into the tribute act stage of choice.

what are the tributes?

so far I got:
    THESE CHARMING MEN
    POGUEOLOGY
    ROADHOUSE DOORS

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Some serious line up at Salty Dog inc 2016 favs of mine The Pale...

See note at end of news on EP site...plus at least 6 main area acts. Could be very interesting.

No la Galaxie or le boom....

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,632 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Salty dog pulling it out of the fire !!!

Some excellent additions there, Jinx, the tributes, the pale always do a good show, the eskies will be as rumptious as ever, Tony Villiers sing a long, inter and bionic ska tastic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

This Shoguns of Skank thing Mik Pyro and Pete Pamf are doing, is that a brand new collab? Never heard of it before.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    This Shoguns of Skank thing Mik Pyro and Pete Pamf are doing, is that a brand new collab? Never heard of it before.
    There last year, I thought.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,632 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

wonder if the salty dog no stars will be doing a classic album again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Sweet. Love the Eskies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Saw Otherkin and Katie Lafin on different stages last year...both very good.
    The Five Grand Stereo album is quality... recommend then too.

Quite happy now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Pogueology are brilliant,i doubt there’ll be a stage collapse this year!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

whelzer wrote: »
    Some serious line up at Salty Dog inc 2016 favs of mine The Pale...

See note at end of news on EP site...plus at least 6 main area acts. Could be very interesting.

No la Galaxie or le boom....

That is interesting, I wonder who? Someone like Benjamin Clementine or Cigarettes After Sex would be cool.

Yeah, we've reached the "......and breathe" stage of proceedings I think. Between OV, Body and Soul and the Salty Dog, there's enough there to keep me going for the weekend. Takes the pressure off the main arena. I can look at that with a less jaundiced eye now that it's not carrying the burden of the entire festival on it's shoulders. As predicted, we'll be grand. Looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Thats a line up. Fair play Salty Dog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Pogueoly confirmed the 10.pm Sunday night slot.... Thats a prodigy clash no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭endainoz

For sure will be a clash I'd imagine, such a pity prodigy aren't on the Saturday night, Sunday just doesn't feel right!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Galway street club will be great craic on that stage, they’re playing Saturday night so Saturday at the Dog could be brilliant.

endainoz wrote: »
    For sure will be a clash I'd imagine, such a pity prodigy aren't on the Saturday night, Sunday just doesn't feel right!

Ya prodigy on the Sunday will be tough, but will I have the energy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Close...

There are 22 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

thebusher wrote: »

Sounds great. what I loved most about that gig was three teenagers (two girls & one guy) standing in front of us singing every last word. Not all teenagers deserve a kicking.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Sounds great. what I loved most about that gig was three teenagers (two girls & one guy) standing in front of us singing every last word. Not all teenagers deserve a kicking.

Love it, love the dad giving it loads too in that video! IV decided I don't care what the Mrs thinks I'm going to see them for sure, love that stage too

• Advertisement

I was on the other side of the stage dancing on me own in the rain while herself took shelter in a hammock. Loved every minute of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement