Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,632 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Yeah I'm there on the picnic benches loving every minute of their set :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I figure most of this thread were looking for themselves in that video.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

nah, am over the other side so no point.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,742 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

C'mon Jerry. Gimme Sultans, or Frank and Walters.....

everlast75 wrote: »
    C'mon Jerry. Gimme Sultans, or Frank and Walters.....

Engine alley, Brian deady and mick flannery please :)

• Advertisement

Therapy, Whipping Boy...

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Something Happens & Trouble Pilgrims in addition to today's Salty Dog will make Gavin James a distant memory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Out all day with family just saw salty dog. Now that's an announcement to make it feel like a proper ep. Otherkin on that stage were mental, some covers a bit of ska now I am getting the buzz. A few decent from Jerry Fish and I will see very little of main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Mother djs playing Jerry fish sat night at midnight

Therapy, Whipping Boy...

Don't know if we'll ever see whipping boy again.

Therapy? would be fcuking awesome though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Murder capital in Whelan’s tonight was quite special. I’d encourage everyone to try and catch them at other voices. They’re very smart and have put together a great intense stage presence between the 5 of them. The lead singer is fantastic (shades of Ian Curtis) and at times the entire band look like they’re gonna start a fight with the crowd.

I was slightly concerned early on that they didn’t have the tunes to back up the attitude but they delivered on that front too.

Support act Melts were excellent too, some great tunes in their arsenal.

Fontaines DC and otherkin in the crowd watching too... good scene there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Rfrip wrote: »
    Mother djs playing Jerry fish sat night at midnight

Not enough DJs i guess. Not like theres a Rave in the woods, Heni area, Bacardi Bar, Anarchronica, Sound dome or any other abundance of DJs just hiding in the bushes ready to spin some discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Otherkin....F*ck yeah!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Not enough DJs i guess. Not like theres a Rave in the woods, Heni area, Bacardi Bar, Anarchronica, Sound dome or any other abundance of DJs just hiding in the bushes ready to spin some discs.

As well as excellent dance crossover electronica on the main stage with Massive Attack and The Prodigy. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Djs typically play Jerry fish though Into the early hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Otherkin....F*ck yeah!!!!

A new single would be awesome,too long since I heard new music from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Are we expecting another announcement with Django Django and Le Galaxie (or did someone just say they were certs and they haven’t been announced yet) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭the_gommes

Are we expecting another announcement with Django Django and Le Galaxie (or did someone just say they were certs and they haven’t been announced yet) ?

Le G have strongly hinted through social media that they will be playing. Where they fit in im not sure. I reckon they’re too big for anywhere outside the main arena at this point, unless they pop up as “surprise guests” or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

the_gommes wrote: »
    Le G have strongly hinted through social media that they will be playing. Where they fit in im not sure. I reckon they’re too big for anywhere outside the main arena at this point, unless they pop up as “surprise guests” or something.

Supprise guests at the Other Voices stage would be my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

think someone mentioned them possibly just doing a DJ set instead. If the Jerry Fish tent has Mother DJs in there, which will be a big crowd-puller, then I could imagine LG DJing in there too.

IMO both are way too big to be in the Jerry Fish tent, but up against the main stage headliners it mightn't be too bad...

• Advertisement

hopefully Jerry got a bigger tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

hopefully Jerry got a bigger tent!

Yeah that'd be great it's a grand spot if you get in early not great if your just outside the tent. As said earlier they should maybe move him somewhere else or ideally turn down all the garbage around him.

Pink moon back on sale at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

Really surprised Le Boom aren't on the bill - they had a full house closing B&S on the Saturday night last year and would have expected to see them bumped up the bill this year. Tickets are on sale today for a Dublin show in November so wouldn't be surprised to see them added over the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

Also, what is going to fill the Mo K & Jenny Greene slot in Rankin's Wood this year?  They had the tent full on the Friday night last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

ricerocket wrote: »
    Also, what is going to fill the Mo K & Jenny Greene slot in Rankin's Wood this year?  They had the tent full on the Friday night last year.

I think a monkey throwing poo at people has been booked as an upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I think a monkey throwing poo at people has been booked as an upgrade

I've been saving the poo up since mid march, should have plenty to go round by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah I am surprised Le Boom and Le Galaxie aren't anywhere yet, hopefully see them announced somewhere but can't see where they will fit in. I'd guess that Jenny Greene is going to be back this year it is usually announced the week before the festival as far as I can remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Yeah I am surprised Le Boom and Le Galaxie aren't anywhere yet, hopefully see them announced somewhere but can't see where they will fit in. I'd guess that Jenny Greene is going to be back this year it is usually announced the week before the festival as far as I can remember?

According to RTÉ, this was the highlight of the weekend .. groan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I actually think that the orchestra on their own without Jenny Greene would be amazing.

Imagine strolling in there for 45 minutes of quality classical classics

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement