Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Sports Direct have a decent sale on all their camping gear at the moment if anyone’s in the market for new gear

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DH1978

I actually think that the orchestra on their own without Jenny Greene would be amazing.

Imagine strolling in there for 45 minutes of quality classical classics

The RTE orchestra did an EP gig about 8 years ago I think on the Earth stage in B&S - did all the movies classics star wars, superman, ET etc and finished off with riverdance. Still one of my all time EP highlights - still brings a tear to my eye how good it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Not really EP related ... but have been listening to new stuff all week (thanks to Spotify lists on this thread) came across a crowd called Okzharp & Manthe Ribane, would be a great B&S or late night tent addition. On the EP front I see changes to the App, artists added to the Discover section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

Sports Direct have a decent sale on all their camping gear at the moment if anyone’s in the market for new gear

get them while thy're cheap
    apparently they've just bought out House of Fraser this morning
    Dior football jerseys, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I genuinely believe there will be a 3rd small announcement. The Dublin Gospel Choir are nowhere on line-up and that's a tradition, as mentioned earlier Le Galaxie possibly, Le Boom, Jenny Greene or some variant of either RTE or Trinity Orchestra. Fully expect another heritage act or 2 to be announced also. Someone like Happy Mondays for example. Wasn't there also an electronic act who self confirmed a couple of months ago but still not on official line-up?

Edit. EJECA is listed on his website as playing on Saturday 1st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I genuinely believe there will be a 3rd small announcement. The Dublin Gospel Choir are nowhere on line-up and that's a tradition, as mentioned earlier Le Galaxie possibly, Le Boom, Jenny Greene or some variant of either RTE or Trinity Orchestra. Fully expect another heritage act or 2 to be announced also. Someone like Happy Mondays for example. Wasn't there also an electronic act who self confirmed a couple of months ago but still not on official line-up?

Edit. EJECA is listed on his website as playing on Saturday 1st.

Trinity playing Bowie were amazing at ATN, would love them back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

get them while thy're cheap
    apparently they've just bought out House of Fraser this morning
    Dior football jerseys, anyone?

KVEX5hF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

WOW the Human Seed! vrs Michael Bay's Transformers

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

, as mentioned earlier Le Galaxie possibly,

Le Galaxie more or less said on their instagram that they're playing, someone asked and they replied we're 'not'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

that looks ... interesting...

t48GR07.jpg

these mofos must be trippin balls when coming up with this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

DH1978 wrote: »
    The RTE orchestra did an EP gig about 8 years ago I think on the Earth stage in B&S - did all the movies classics star wars, superman, ET etc and finished off with riverdance. Still one of my all time EP highlights - still brings a tear to my eye how good it was!

Place erupted when the 'Sunday Game' theme tune started! Twas great stuff indeed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

If Dublin are playing they'd have to have a big area set up for the All Ireland final,
    usually its the Hurling or Football Semis on this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

showpony1 wrote: »
    If Dublin are playing they'd have to have a big area set up for the All Ireland final,

They stopped showing it on the EI stage because the pubs were giving out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

ricerocket wrote: »
    Really surprised Le Boom aren't on the bill - they had a full house closing B&S on the Saturday night last year and would have expected to see them bumped up the bill this year. Tickets are on sale today for a Dublin show in November so wouldn't be surprised to see them added over the next couple of weeks.

And equally surprised at no return for Touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    That is a real disappointment. They were my highlight last year.
    Actually, they would be a perfect size act for headlining Jerry Fish

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

showpony1 wrote: »

They won't. There'll be a few small screens showing it, or off to Stradbally if you want to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

Mine too. Touts followed up with Otherkin in a tent with lead singer standing on my head was a fine start to Saturday festivities.. Was totalling buzzing after that.

Justback from a few days camping. Was at Castlepalooza at the weekend. Fontaines D.C. the highlight for me with PINS and a dj called Deborah. Poor attendance. Will have to move their weekend to survive.

Salty Dog lineup has beefed up the number of acts I want to see. But we want TOUTS too !!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

I think a monkey throwing poo at people has been booked as an upgrade

😂😂😂 classic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    That would be unreal. They were electric in front of a fairly sparsely populated tent at lunchtime last year. They'd blow the roof off a packed Jerry Fish at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Poor attendance. Will have to move their weekend to survive.

That's disappointing. I couldn't do anything last weekend as was moving house, but CP was one of my favourite festivals the last couple of years. Most of the gang went to ATN this year, my mate's band was playing CP and he couldn't even get rid of the free weekend passes he had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

roll wrote: »
    Place erupted when the 'Sunday Game' theme tune started! Twas great stuff indeed!!

That sounds like my idea of hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

BadTurtle wrote: »
    That sounds like my idea of hell.

your'e a hive of positivity Mr Turtle! ;):D

i did laugh out loud at your Delorentos comment though! :D

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Whoever put up the updated playlist (not arsed scrolling back through my phone) thank you it’s a savage playlist

I don’t know why cause my own playlist seems to throw terrible music at me

I’ve just discovered a couple more on the green light list whooo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

kg703 wrote: »
    Whoever put up the updated playlist (not arsed scrolling back through my phone) thank you it’s a savage playlist

I don’t know why cause my own playlist seems to throw terrible music at me

I’ve just discovered a couple more on the green light list whooo

Well for the effort made updating the playlist,we wouldn't want you to be arsed doing a bit of scrolling now would we?

Your thanks to Rigor Mortis

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

No Little Green Cars :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

So, now that we are nearly at the end, who have you discovered. What are the bands that you didnt know or knew of but didnt really know that you have discovered since ye all began doing your homework

Mine are

NERD - really never got these guys before
    Otherkin
    State Lights
    The Orielles
    Stella Donnelly
    WhenYoung
    James Canty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

So, now that we are nearly at the end, who have you discovered. What are the bands that you didnt know or knew of but didnt really know that you have discovered since ye all began doing your homework

Mine are

NERD - really never got these guys before
    Otherkin
    State Lights
    The Orielles
    Stella Donnelly
    WhenYoung
    James Canty

Fontaines Dc
    Modern Strangers
    Yellow days
    Hak Baker
    Lucy Dacus.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Poorside wrote: »
    Fontaines Dc
    Modern Strangers
    Yellow days
    Hak Baker
    Lucy Dacus.

Modern Strangers
    Field Music
    Mavis Staples
    Paddy Hanna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 dusters

DH1978 wrote: »

Oh my word that brings back memories....that was an unbelievable experience and set!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement