Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

HamSandwich
    Wolf Alice
    Five Grand Stereo
    The Brummies (real good)
    Delorentos
    Ruby Empress
    The Modern Strangers

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

So, now that we are nearly at the end, who have you discovered. What are the bands that you didnt know or knew of but didnt really know that you have discovered since ye all began doing your homework

Mine are

NERD - really never got these guys before
    Otherkin
    State Lights
    The Orielles
    Stella Donnelly
    WhenYoung
    James Canty

Wolf Alice
    La Femme
    Peggy Gou
    King Kong Company

Still have more bands and artists to explore in advance. :)

Just hoping without any real expectation that the clashes are less severe than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

So, now that we are nearly at the end, who have you discovered. What are the bands that you didnt know or knew of but didnt really know that you have discovered since ye all began doing your homework

Mine are

Otherkin
    State Lights
    The Orielles
    Stella Donnelly
    WhenYoung
    James Canty

Jungle
    La Femme
    The Pale
    Yellow days
    Cloves
    The Orielles
    RSAG

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Mine are

Otherkin
    State Lights
    The Orielles
    Stella Donnelly
    WhenYoung
    James Canty

Dermot Kennedy
    Orielles
    Blackbird & Crow
    Hermitage Green

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Hoping for get down edits with Colin Perkins to be added...they played Jerry fish on the sat night last year and were brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

BadTurtle wrote: »
    That sounds like my idea of hell.

Lol

The blizzards confirmed 10pm salty dog sat... All these acts self confirming I don't know why ep jus can't put out the timetable, keep the hype machine running I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

tonto123 wrote: »
    The blizzards confirmed 10pm salty dog sat... All these acts self confirming I don't know why ep jus can't put out the timetable, keep the hype machine running I suppose

It's always been the week of the festival, and every other festival in the country is the exact same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

tonto123 wrote: »

They’ll have a few days of announcing the times in the Indo starting on the Monday before.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Some Pink Moon tent packages are back up on sale .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Some Pink Moon tent packages are back up on sale .

A friend of mine is unable to go to Electric picinic, he has accommodation at that pink moon yoke. Goona be impossible to shift that now 🀦*♂️

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    A friend of mine is unable to go to Electric picinic, he has accommodation at that pink moon yoke. Goona be impossible to shift that now 🀦*♂️

He’ll probably shift it in the week of it, people will offload tickets that week so there probably be people looking for PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

A friend of mine is unable to go to Electric picinic, he has accommodation at that pink moon yoke. Goona be impossible to shift that now ��*♂️

Depends what he has.. The regular 2/4/6 man tents are very popular, always sell out before the tipi's. Think it's only tipi's back on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

A friend of mine is unable to go to Electric picinic, he has accommodation at that pink moon yoke. Goona be impossible to shift that now ��*♂️

What has he for sale? Any recommend the pink moon.. never been before

wacotaco wrote: »
    What has he for sale? Any recommend the pink moon.. never been before

It’s brilliant, no messing with tents, get there and crack a can open. Clean toilets and clean hot showers. The cafe is a bit pricy for the quality of the food but it’s a great place to meet up before or after the days adventures. The dedicated entrance to the main arena is a huge plus.

If you do go for it, get there before lunchtime, the queues to get in after that can be a nightmare if you hit it at the wrong time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Is it possible to get from pink moon to the salty dog etc. without having to enter the main arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

dylbert wrote: »
    Is it possible to get from pink moon to the salty dog etc. without having to enter the main arena?

Yes. It’s pretty close too.

Hi yes it sure is, its jus a short walk..not even 5 mins. No search or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Aye, walk out of PM back past the paintball entrance and salty dog is the first stage you come to, Then onto other voices and trenchtown. Spent many a happy afternoon strolling up and down that path.

no security, no stops.

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Aye, walk out of PM back past the paintball entrance and salty dog is the first stage you come to, Then onto other voices and trenchtown. Spent many a happy afternoon strolling up and down that path.

no security, no stops.

Swinging a bag of cans, happy out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Does anyone know where I can get one of those hats that has two drink holders on either side and straws going into your mouth? Must be suitable for holding cans

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

MadYaker wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get one of those hats that has two drink holders on either side and straws going into your mouth? Must be suitable for holding cans

Pretty sure the little gadget shop place in the Ilac Centre has them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

MadYaker wrote: »

well thats one way of making yourself known to the boardsies!
    its 10 points for spotting madyaker and his foamdome! ;)

well thats one way of making yourself known to the boardsies!
    its 10 points for spotting madyaker and his foamdome! ;)

20 points for robbing his cans out of his hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Just saw Get Down Edits say on facebook that they will be closing out the Jerry Fish tent on the Friday night which I'm delighted about, I love the Jerry Fish tent at night time! Surely their announcement will be coming this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Just saw Get Down Edits say on facebook that they will be closing out the Jerry Fish tent on the Friday night which I'm delighted about, I love the Jerry Fish tent at night time! Surely their announcement will be coming this week.

Ooooh they played late at the absolut bar at B&S this year and it was a riot. I’ve not spent much time at all in the Kerry fish tent, must try and change that this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Question for anyone who has been in Pink Moon...does anyone know where are the designated BBQ areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

.....aaaand we're back!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

LowOdour wrote: »
    Question for anyone who has been in Pink Moon...does anyone know where are the designated BBQ areas?

I’ve not seen it before and this is year 6 I’ll be using them.
    They have it listed in the general services on their website but not for EP.

From there
    —————
    In the Pink Moon Campsite you`ll find a wealth of facilities to make your stay with us as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. Facilities that include:-
    Limited USB phone charging facility available
    Please remember to bring your USB charging cable
    This is a free service subject to availability
    Serviced and cleaned toilets
    Hot private showers
    Hair care pamper parlour with hair dryers, straighteners and make up mirrors
    Cafe & Bar
    Pink Moon Camping, Podpads and Festihut will be in the same field this year with a central bar and café area for all to use
    —————

Note also that they have disposable BBQ as an accessory for sale but none are listed under EP accessories.

I’d reckon they don’t have one and after the girl who managed to set her tent on fire a few years ago in PM (albeit with a candle), it’s very possible they can’t have a BBQ area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Am I going mad or was Ross from Friends originally on the lineup? For some reason I was convinced he was playing this year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement