Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

don't recall him being announced.
    he played at Forbidden Fruit a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm just wondering what the RTE highlights of the Picnic are going to be, 40 minutes probably of Gavin James, the same of the Coronas, Picture this and a good chunk on B*Witched I bet ya and maybe 30 secs if we're lucky of Firestarter or Unfinished Sympathy. I think this RTE rubbish is shaping the way the lineup is going as you just know there is going to be so much tosh in this highlights programme. Give it to the guys that do No Disco or even Dave Fanning to give a broad representation of the music for the festival.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

RTÉ’s coverage will always be sh1te due to their producers and how they cover the festival (yes the presenters are cack too but they can only work with what they’re given to do).

In terms of what music they broadcast, that’s not really under their control, the bands have to sign off on it and unlike Glastonbury/BBC which has a global audience (check the sheer volume of torrents after it each year) and serious clout with the bands, it’s of no real benefit to international bands to have RTÉ recording and transmitting their shows.

Seriously don’t think it’s shaping or having input to the festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

RTE normally give a decent amount of time to Other Voices.

Regardless, it's not worth getting upset over.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Anyone recommend a good site to order tents from? Preferably a 6-8 man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Sure how would any of us be watching the tv coverage when were at the festival? I've never seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Raekwondo wrote: »

Maybe not the best site nor the best tents, but I saw a Trespass 8 person tent on Argos for less than 200e during the week. Not sure of spec/quality/availability!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

MadYaker wrote: »
    Sure how would any of us be watching the tv coverage when were at the festival? I've never seen it.

Well I tend to be still in festival mode up to the Tuesday after EP so I do watch it on the player if there are some decent highlights on it. The last semi decent one was 2015 with a bit of the Blur concert.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Snarky Snark Snark

Would suggest you're more likely to get an answer in here (Sports>Outdoor Pursuits)
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=430

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Www.blacks.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Has anyone listened to versatile? They are a bit different lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I'm just wondering what the RTE highlights of the Picnic are going to be, 40 minutes probably of Gavin James, the same of the Coronas, Picture this and a good chunk on B*Witched I bet ya and maybe 30 secs if we're lucky of Firestarter or Unfinished Sympathy. I think this RTE rubbish is shaping the way the lineup is going as you just know there is going to be so much tosh in this highlights programme. Give it to the guys that do No Disco or even Dave Fanning to give a broad representation of the music for the festival.

I think Dave Fanning would be a great choice. I actually met him at EP 2 years ago. He was standing in front of me at a bar and I heard that unmistakable voice. He's a very nice man, had a good chat with him about music.

Sportsdirect have lots of camping stuff on sale at the moment, a variety of tents from small to huge. I think Gelert is one of the brands I saw on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

millets have a good sale on at the minute https://www.millets.co.uk/osa:view-sale-items/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Not able to leave until 2pm on the Friday this year from Dublin. Have never left that late before, what is going to be the best route? Need to get to Pink Moon...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Not able to leave until 2pm on the Friday this year from Dublin. Have never left that late before, what is going to be the best route? Need to get to Pink Moon...

Not sure about pink moon but I'm pretty much always with the lunchtime Friday crew and it's never a hassle. It's after 5 that you'll be in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

you want to go through stradbally to the Paintball entrance, think its the green carpark

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Blu2015

Anyone know when Ticketmaster will send out the campervan tickets. I thought every other year we had them by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

declanleo wrote: »

They are hillarious hard to know if they are a comedy act. Don't think I'll go see them heard they sold out the Olympia in a few hours so will be fairly popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Blu2015 wrote: »
    Anyone know when Ticketmaster will send out the campervan tickets. I thought every other year we had them by now?

lots of people didn't get them until the week of EP in years gone by...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Can anyone please recommend a non-gas camping stove? I'd like something we can use for heating up water for washing or making coffee, not thinking of doing any cooking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

declanleo wrote: »

Sounds like a Dublin version of Goldie Looking Chain, but not as funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

nc6000 wrote: »
    Can anyone please recommend a non-gas camping stove? I'd like something we can use for heating up water for washing or making coffee, not thinking of doing any cooking.

Non-gas? Excuse my ignorance, but how else would you get it to work. I know electric is a possibility but you'd need one helluva long extension lead!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I WANT A BIG 80s NAME/S - am I being selfish...……………… :confused:

Snarky Snark Snark

Judes wrote: »
    I WANT A BIG 80s NAME/S - am I being selfish...……………… :confused:

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Thanks Scruff Monkey - I feel better now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

BaZmO* wrote:
    Non-gas? Excuse my ignorance, but how else would you get it to work. I know electric is a possibility but you'd need one helluva long extension lead!

I saw people there last year using a stove that used a flammable gel for heat rather than gas. Gas canisters are one of the items which are not allowed to be brought to EP.

Snarky Snark Snark

nc6000 wrote: »
    a flammable gel for heat rather than gas.

Napalm FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Le Galaxie - The Frank and Walters - Mick Flannery - C.C. Brez - The Minutes – Loah - Engine Alley Jack O’Rourke - Murder Capital - Bitch Falcon - David Keenan - Warsaw Radio – Spellbound
    Wood Burning Savages - Pontious Pilot and The Naildrivers - Ceili AllStars - Everything Shook Silverbacks - House of Yoga - The 2 Johnnies plus very special surprise guests.

Also introducing “Sideshow Disco” from midnight to 4am with Mother Club DJs, Get Down Edits, Eddie Kay, Colin Perkins, The Kilo 1977, Warriors of The Dystotheque and much more

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Jerry Fish you beautiful bastard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Absolutely delighted with that. Anyone who were at Engine Alley two years ago will tell you that was a great gig, unfortunately in front a small crowd.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement