Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Ah in fairness we don't know many times at all so we can't say it's light yet.. It usually is a little bit lighter than the other two days though so not a shock if it is the same again this year. Wonder who will headline the EA on the Friday? Bicep were class last year.
    Nina Kraviz or Denis Sulta would probably be the closest to Bicep for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Nina Kraviz or Denis Sulta would probably be the closest to Bicep for it?

Probably. Although I reckon the young lads would throw a wobbler if either of those clashed with Kendrick Lamar :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Ah in fairness we don't know many times at all so we can't say it's light yet.. It usually is a little bit lighter than the other two days though so not a shock if it is the same again this year. Wonder who will headline the EA on the Friday? Bicep were class last year.

All true points..

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

declanleo wrote: »
    Has anyone listened to versatile? They are a bit different lol
    Streamed a bit last night. I'll be there! A bit different alright! Good honest rap/hip hop.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Tent food - Bought (excl. bananas which will be picked up on the friday)

Tents don't eat bananas, so you should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

KKC ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Tents don't eat bananas, so you should be fine.

iD3rpLQ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Beer - Bought
    Water - Bought
    Cider - Bought
    Single Malt Scotch (Glenlivet Masters Reserve) for night caps - Bought (for sommat else but plenty left over)
    Tent food - Bought (excl. bananas which will be picked up on the friday)
    Misc washbag contents - all accounted for

je suis ready to rock.

I'll need to chase you up for a wee taste of that single malt. :D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Rfrip wrote: »
    I would guess the Sunday night, as get down edits are Friday and mother are sat

Get down edits are the late night job as are get down edits whereas le galaxie are down as a headliner of the tent so hopefully we may get them on the friday

mgkelly wrote: »
    Streamed a bit last night. I'll be there! A bit different alright! Good honest rap/hip hop.
    Streaming Kojaque at present. Actually like, too. Dublin rap. Yes, both these acts are reminiscent of Goldie Lookin' Chain.
    There is worse at the Picnic to go to, I would propose! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

MsMojave wrote: »
    Is there anything left to announce then?

Yea. The annual Strypes "surprise" appearance.

Should be Thursday week.

Streaming Kojaque at present. Actually like, too. Dublin rap. Yes, both these acts are reminiscent of Goldie Lookin' Chain.
    There is worse at the Picnic to go to, I would propose! ;)
    ... actually, Kojaque is more smooth hip hop, Irish style!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Anybody reckon on a surprise mini main area announcement on Friday???? Doubt it myself but as said by so many on here line up is missing an older act

• Subscribers Posts: 41,632 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

haitens wrote: »
    Anybody reckon on a surprise mini main area announcement on Friday???? Doubt it myself but as said by so many on here line up is missing an older act

Mavis staples?

I think if we were going to have a big / medium 70s or 80s name we would have had it by now.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Mavis staples?

I think if we were going to have a big / medium 70s or 80s name we would have had it by now.

Yeah I agree, is she not a soul legend.

Yeah I agree, is she not a soul legend.

Very much so..

But the poster referred to "older act"....which she definitely falls under

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

EJECA have self announced, listed on their website. Not on EP line-up. No sign of Dublin Gospel Choir either and they always play. Am fully expecting another EP mini announcement which includes Le Galaxie in a main arena too and a heritage act or two of some ilk. Just a hunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Mavis staples?

Yeah I reckon your right forgot about her for a minute. I was just thinking it's over 2 weeks to go and not a lot left to be announced. I was still holding out for an older band. Just being greedy at this stage.

Yeah I reckon your right forgot about her for a minute. I was just thinking it's over 2 weeks to go and not a lot left to be announced. I was still holding out for an older band. Just being greedy at this stage.

I would love AHA

or even ABC again

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lessthen50p

The Libertines?

• Advertisement

The Libertines?

Nope, too big they would want to be on the same line as Kendrick, Prodigy and Massive Attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Nope, too big they would want to be on the same line as Kendrick, Prodigy and Massive Attack.

they're not good enough to lick the arses of any of those on the monday morning after a festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

I think it's very likely - there was a final announcement on 17th August last year with All Tvvins, Le Galaxie, Giggs, KKC, Dublin Gospel Choir, The Strypes, Le Boom etc. I don't think we will get that many this time around but definitely scope for a few additions.  I can't see them letting the next 2.5 weeks pass without trying to create some last minute hype.

The Libertines?

Libertines playing somewhere in Asia on the sat night so it's a no go unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Ah cmere. Not a hope are the Libertines a festival headliner in Ireland.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Ah cmere. Not a hope are the Libertines a festival headliner in Ireland.

If a tribe called quest can.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

sometimes i forget..

i complain about this years headliners.. then i remember last year. xx, ATCQ and Duran Duran.

This year seems so much better now. Just gotta hope no huge clashes (sunday looking that way) and half decent weather.

Perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

My list of acts I want to see is actually massive this year. I forsee many clashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

My list so far in descending order of priority:

Massive Attack
    NERD
    Death Grips
    Kendrick Lamar
    These Charming Men
    King Krule
    Ash
    Scarlxrd
    St Vincent
    Shoguns of Skang/Mik Pyro
    Le Galaxie
    Cathy Davey
    The Murder Capital
    Bad Bones
    Frank and Walters
    Gundelach
    Barq
    Hak Baker
    Garbage
    Friendly Fires
    Chvrches
    Field music

Still quite a few to listen to before I make my mind up completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭the_gommes

ricerocket wrote: »
    I think it's very likely - there was a final announcement on 17th August last year with All Tvvins, Le Galaxie, Giggs, KKC, Dublin Gospel Choir, The Strypes, Le Boom etc. I don't think we will get that many this time around but definitely scope for a few additions.  I can't see them letting the next 2.5 weeks pass without trying to create some last minute hype.

Exactly this. There’ll be a small announcement next week I’d say. Very unlikely that EP would be the one gig in Ireland that Le Boom weren’t playing this year! :D I’ve my fingers crossed for Ships & Touts to be late additions.

Also agree with Le Galaxie getting a main arena show. It’ll be absolute carnage if their only performance is in Jerry Fish’s Trent that only holds about 80 people!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement