Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Nope, too big they would want to be on the same line as Kendrick, Prodigy and Massive Attack.

they're not good enough to lick the arses of any of those on the monday morning after a festival.

Maybe they're an unpopular band on here although it's funny how Fountaines DC are getting praised for basically imitating their shtick

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Maybe they're an unpopular band on here although it's funny how Fountaines DC are getting praised for basically imitating their shtick

Aye beggars cannot be choosers this year when it comes to a bit of indie all things considered (not least the 'bed-wetters' as someone memorably dubbed them).

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

We're getting to the point where we can actually almost nearly start speculating as to the what the weather maybe will hold, it's so close!!

P.s. I know there will be weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

We're getting to the point where we can actually almost nearly start speculating as to the what the weather maybe will hold, it's so close!!

P.s. I know there will be weather.

After the summer wev had, and it will be a kick in the face if we get lots of rain

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

tonto123 wrote: »
    After the summer wev had, and it will be a kick in the face if we get lots of rain

No such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

so le galaxy are on the main stage now?

jobless wrote: »
    so le galaxy are on the main stage now?

I messaged them last night, said they couldn't say the night or time they were playing

I messaged them last night, said they couldn't say the night or time they were playing

ok but is it main stage?.... be great if it was

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

sometimes i forget..

i complain about this years headliners.. then i remember last year. xx, ATCQ and Duran Duran.

This year seems so much better now. Just gotta hope no huge clashes (sunday looking that way) and half decent weather.

Perspective.

Also headlining last year - elbow, pete thong, run the jewels, chaka khan, interpol, phoenix and father john misty.

Again, perspective is not the right word. Personal opinion is what youre thinking of.

jobless wrote: »
    ok but is it main stage?.... be great if it was

They were announced yesterday for jerry fish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Also headlining last year - elbow, pete thong, run the jewels, chaka khan, interpol, phoenix and father john misty.

Again, perspective is not the right word. Personal opinion is what youre thinking of.

The only headliners from this list were Pete Tong (main stage) and Interpol (electric arena), Elbow (other voices)

All the rest were sub headliners. Just to clear up what I was talking about.

Trying not to get into semantics, perspective is a way of looking at things as far as I know.

And yes i'm looking at it personally. Personally I feel this years headliners are better than last. This is my perspective and/or personal view.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

App has been updated a bit, Salty dog acts are there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I still haven’t taken my tent out of the box to practice.....

Quick question, is there any way of accessing plug sockets at eco? Prob a stupid question but our last mattress was smaller with a super easy foot pump. This one can inflate in seconds with electricity but looks like I might wanna hit the gym for leg day if I’ve to pump it.

The horror of no pink moon and no husband to help(do most of the work) is really hitting me now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Poorside wrote: »
    App has been updated a bit, Salty dog acts are there now.

Screenshot?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

The absence of The Dublin Gospel Choir is a curious one alright.. Maybe we will have a last few names for the main stage area..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

No Trinity orchestra there yet either, no? They're usually booked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

kg703 wrote: »

Quick question, is there any way of accessing plug sockets at eco? Prob a stupid question but our last mattress was smaller with a super easy foot pump. This one can inflate in seconds with electricity but looks like I might wanna hit the gym for leg day if I’ve to pump it.

The horror of no pink moon and no husband to help(do most of the work) is really hitting me now

From Argos by any chance? About 50cm high ? Get a different one. Friend of mine had one of those at body and soul, took him hours to inflate it.

nc6000 wrote: »
    I saw people there last year using a stove that used a flammable gel for heat rather than gas. Gas canisters are one of the items which are not allowed to be brought to EP.

If anyone could shed light on where we might get these I'd also appreciate it.. I love my coffee in the morning, usually a couple of mugs. While the coffee in pink moon is nice the queues are always crazy slow..

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3401778/Trail/searchtext%3EELECTRIC+PUMP.htm

Would one of these not do?

Would also love to know if they had sockets somewhere too though.. my hair straightener is an essential :pac:

was in eco two years ago and there isnt any electricity points that i could see...
    buy a battery powered pump and itll do you the weekend no problem

• Advertisement

Korvanica wrote: »
    From Argos by any chance? About 50cm high ? Get a different one. Friend of mine had one of those at body and soul, took him hours to inflate it.

You can get battery powered pumps, about a tenner in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

BadTurtle wrote: »
    No Trinity orchestra there yet either, no? They're usually booked

I think last year was the first year they didn't play? Dublin Gospel Choir are usually there though. Ejeca is the strangest one for me, he has on his website that he is playing on the Saturday, also has it on his Facebook events.. Would be nice to get one final little announcement even if it was just Irish acts like Ejeca, Le Boom and the Gospel choir etc.

I think last year was the first year they didn't play? Dublin Gospel Choir are usually there though. Ejeca is the strangest one for me, he has on his website that he is playing on the Saturday, also has it on his Facebook events.. Would be nice to get one final little announcement even if it was just Irish acts like Ejeca, Le Boom and the Gospel choir etc.

Didn’t Trinity say they would be playing on the Heineken stage?
    Have never actually seen them. Ukulele orchestra is about my level of class and sophistication.

eplady2017 wrote: »
    If anyone could shed light on where we might get these I'd also appreciate it.. I love my coffee in the morning, usually a couple of mugs. While the coffee in pink moon is nice the queues are always crazy slow..
    Bring a cup and some coffee or tea whatever u drink and there's a burka with boiling water near the entrance of pink moon.. its right beside the accommodation that look like dog kennels

Bring a cup and some coffee or tea whatever u drink and there's a burka with boiling water near the entrance of pink moon.. its right beside the accommodation that look like dog kennels

No Way... Why have I never seen this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

*burco :p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

@Eplady2017, I'd check with Pink Moon to see if you're allowed any sort of burny thingy in there at all tbh.

Could well save you the time humping extra weight from carpark to campsite.

@Eplady2017, I'd check with EP to see if you're allowed any sort of burny thingy in there at all tbh.

Could well save you the time humping extra weight from carpark to campsite.

Thanks Scruff.. If there is boiing water available on site then that is problem solved...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Thanks Scruff.. If there is boiing water available on site then that is problem solved...

often wondered, are all facilities within PM open to all within PM
    or are there certain ones that are Pod pad only?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

often wondered, are all facilities within PM open to all within PM
    or are there certain ones that are Pod pad only?

thanks

was about to comment on that, if there's a big kettle thing at the extrance, that could be staff or podpads only and non communal

i'd suspect staff cos ... something something.. drunken fcukwits... ouchey thing etc...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement