Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

eplady2017 wrote: »
    No Way... Why have I never seen this...

It's about 100 yards from the entrance in a little hut, in 2016 they let me fill up my tea there no problem I wasn't there last year so can't comment...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

jobless wrote: »
    was in eco two years ago and there isnt any electricity points that i could see...
    buy a battery powered pump and itll do you the weekend no problem

That’ll do nicely. Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Hey gang, does anyone know when the bookings start for the hot tubs etc in body and soul?? Every year I say I'm gonna book myself in and never do . Making it my mission this year as I was too lazy to do it in ATN. Bit of a sat lunchtime threat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

gaffolino wrote: »
    Hey gang, does anyone know when the bookings start for the hot tubs etc in body and soul?? Every year I say I'm gonna book myself in and never do . Making it my mission this year as I was too lazy to do it in ATN. Bit of a sat lunchtime threat

Live now!

https://bodyandsoul2018.appointy.com/default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

often wondered, are all facilities within PM open to all within PM
    or are there certain ones that are Pod pad only?

thanks

was about to comment on that, if there's a big kettle thing at the extrance, that could be staff or podpads only and non communal

i'd suspect staff cos ... something something.. drunken fcukwits... ouchey thing etc...
    It's meant to be only for the podpads but don't think it's policed too strictly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

gaffolino wrote: »

Saw a load of people in them at ATN and they all said they were way too hot to get fully in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Nope, too big they would want to be on the same line as Kendrick, Prodigy and Massive Attack.

they're not good enough to lick the arses of any of those on the monday morning after a festival.

Maybe they're an unpopular band on here although it's funny how Fountaines DC are getting praised for basically imitating their shtick

Wasnt a big fan of Libertines but I was won over when i saw them in 2015 in the Point so I'd welcome them anytime
    Saw Fontaines D.C. at castlepalooza and I'd recommend them to anyone, they are class, but as always each to their own.
    In general I am much happier with the undercard again this year versus the main acts. I think I was at the main stage for 3 acts last year and 4 to 5 acts each of the previous 3 years so if you are unhappy with the main headliners it really is about looking through all the stages, doing some spotify / youtube research to find new acts you want to see live as well as some you have seen before.
    really looking forward to it all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Poorside wrote: »
    Didn’t Trinity say they would be playing on the Heineken stage?
    Have never actually seen them. Ukulele orchestra is about my level of class and sophistication.

Wouldn't call the Trinity orchestra highly sophisticated or anything, they just get the crowd going with a few well chosen classics usually. One More Time and Harder Better Faster Stronger by Daft Punk, and DARE and Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz were a few highlights of mine from previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DH1978

Wasnt a big fan of Libertines but I was won over when i saw them in 2015 in the Point so I'd welcome them anytime
    Saw Fontaines D.C. at castlepalooza and I'd recommend them to anyone, they are class, but as always each to their own.
    In general I am much happier with the undercard again this year versus the main acts. I think I was at the main stage for 3 acts last year and 4 to 5 acts each of the previous 3 years so if you are unhappy with the main headliners it really is about looking through all the stages, doing some spotify / youtube research to find new acts you want to see live as well as some you have seen before.
    really looking forward to it all now.

I find I'm spending less and less time at the main stage every year - my playlist looking pretty healthy at the minute and very few headliners to be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Poorside wrote: »
    You can get battery powered pumps, about a tenner in Argos.

I had one of those and the bastard ran down the batteries on it pumping up his oversized air mattress! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Last year I was at Festihut in Boutique area and they had complimentary Teas/Coffees for those in Festihuts - was lovely gesture upon arrival - also our own toilets (slightly separate) to other toilets i.e. just for Festihutters - hoping we have the same this year now that we'll be in the Pink Moon area. Otherwise queues will be even longer for PM loos/showers if Festihutters also using them...…………………..

Just wondering.

STILL WAITING FOR AN 80'S BAND ANNOUNCEMENT :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Mindfield announcement out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Mindfield is out.

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/mindfield-electric-picnic-2018

Interesting elements include, a podcast stage, john lloyd - creator of blackadder, a decent theatre line up and yes, Blindboy is there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Mindfield announcement out!

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/mindfield-electric-picnic-2018

As predicted by a poster earlier, Blindboy making an appearance here and doing a live podcast.. Also Ships are in there making an appearance on a podcast with Lisa Hannigan. Surely they will play a set somewhere?!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Ships announced for minefield they must be doing a set down there. I'm hopeful for another announcement for main area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Ibrahim Halawa in Mindfield?!:confused:

That could be interesting if a few After Hours folks head into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Thing is, embittered bigots tend to not leave the security of their bedroom much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I guarantee they'll have a thread about it within the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

alastair wrote: »
    Thing is, embittered bigots tend to not leave the security of their bedroom much.

I think he made it as far as Egypt, though!

/bitta politics

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

was about to comment on that, if there's a big kettle thing at the extrance, that could be staff or podpads only and non communal

i'd suspect staff cos ... something something.. drunken fcukwits... ouchey thing etc...

Just messaged PM and yes, PodPads provided this. They said its not available to PM customers (according to them).. .
    Are PodPads moved to boutique camping this year..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Re: the burco, it belongs to Podpads. Those lucky bastards are furnished with podpads mugs inside their dog kennels and it’s a perk for them. Fill up on Tae all weekend. You could bring your own mug and chance it, but if you’re up at the bar end of Pink Moon, it’s a fair trek down to the burco.

I have to say, it’s the one thing I would love to be able to do... fire up a stove to make tea in the mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Re: the burco, it belongs to Podpads. Those lucky bastards are furnished with podpads mugs inside their dog kennels and it’s a perk for them. Fill up on Tae all weekend. You could bring your own mug and chance it, but if you’re up at the bar end of Pink Moon, it’s a fair trek down to the burco.

I have to say, it’s the one thing I would love to be able to do... fire up a stove to make tea in the mornings.

if y'all are that desperate for a mug of scald,
    could you plonk an old pot on a disposable bbq?
    they are allowed afaik

or bring a flask and sweet talk the guys at Twisted pepper

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

PinkCamper wrote: »

I know.. And we don't ask for much.. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

if y'all are that desperate for a mug of scald,
    could you plonk an old pot on a disposable bbq?
    they are allowed afaik

or bring a flask and sweet talk the guys at Twisted pepper

this is a topic of debate, I don't think they allow them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

you could probably easily get something like this in, given how poor the bag searches are:
    https://www.omearacamping.com/camping-gaz-bleuet-micro-plus-gas-cooker-stove-5902-p.asp

we bring our gas cooker to Glastonbury and it's great to be able to get up and boil water, cook a fry etc outside the tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

Disposable barbecues are permitted at a safe distance from your tent
    Gas bottles or gas camping stoves are not permitted
    Open fires are not allowed in the Pink Moon camp site

(from my info email last year)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I was wondering about this so asked, this is the answer

to see what is and isn't allow to Electric Picnic please head to the Festival website as we follow the guidelines they set.

It does state:

Disposable Barbeques (to be used in designated BBQ areas only) + Permitted Cooking Stoves – NO GAS is allowed.

And Podpads said, disposable BBQ’s are allowed, a safe distance from the tent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Disposable barbecues are permitted at a safe distance from your tent
    Gas bottles or gas camping stoves are not permitted
    Open fires are not allowed in the Pink Moon camp site

(from my info email last year)

Disposable bbqs are allowed only in designated areas, not in the campsite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

you could probably easily get something like this in, given how poor the bag searches are:
    https://www.omearacamping.com/camping-gaz-bleuet-micro-plus-gas-cooker-stove-5902-p.asp

we bring our gas cooker to Glastonbury and it's great to be able to get up and boil water, cook a fry etc outside the tent.

Anarchy. It's Anarchy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I just found out I'm able to get a weekend ticket through work for EP but I'm not sure if its camping or not.Has anyone ever driven up and back? I'm just wondering how bad traffic will be around the area.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement