Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I just found out I'm able to get a weekend ticket through work for EP but I'm not sure if its camping or not.Has anyone ever driven up and back? I'm just wondering how bad traffic will be around the area.

All weekend tickets are camping

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

Poorside wrote: »
    App has been updated a bit, Salty dog acts are there now.
    Where is app available, please and thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I just found out I'm able to get a weekend ticket through work for EP but I'm not sure if its camping or not.Has anyone ever driven up and back? I'm just wondering how bad traffic will be around the area.

All weekend tickets are camping tickets.
    Traffic is totally dependent on the time you get there at. Early morn to early afternoon is fine. Evenings are a new circle of hell

Snarky Snark Snark

Disposable bbqs are allowed only in designated areas, not in the campsite

Aye but where are the designated areas?

WM18 wrote: »
    Where is app available, please and thanks...

Got it in the App Store last year, updated for this year. I imagine all OS would have a version at this stage.

• Advertisement

Aye but where are the designated areas?

A safe distance away from your tent ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Traffic is totally dependent on the time you get there at. Early morn to early afternoon is fine. Evenings are a new circle of hell

Amazing thanks.

Now to try get organised. Going to day tripper in Waterford the weekend before EP so kinda tying myself up a little :p

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

Poorside wrote: »
    Got it in the App Store last year, updated for this year. I imagine all OS would have a version at this stage.

Sorry not the official one...which is alright....there is another one from here last year that is great..cant remember who builds it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

You also need to know where you're going to and from :o
    I sure as hell wouldn't like to be commuting to it from where I am...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

WM18 wrote: »
    Sorry not the official one...which is alright....there is another one from here last year that is great..cant remember who builds it though...

Festable

Android only. It's now a single app for all festivals, just add the ones you want to track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Unless it's a Sunday ticket, it's camping

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Coz

mimimcmc wrote:
    Would also love to know if they had sockets somewhere too though.. my hair straightener is an essential

The wifey just got a 12000amh battery powered one from Amazon! 40 notes I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭fourmations

Coz wrote: »
    The wifey just got a 12000amh battery powered one from Amazon! 40 notes I think

not to pisss on your buzz or anything,
    just a bit of advice for others who may read this...

thats not as huge as you might think,
    you lose about a third of the stated capacity in power conversion
    that will charge a phone three times maybe, so dont
    be too generous with your powerpack and other folks! ;)

i got a 20,000 for 50 a couple of years ago but my kid lost it a few weeks ago, argh

It's a straightener, not a battery pack :)

I got a 20000Mah battery pack off Amazon for €16 on prime day, they cost nothing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I have to say, I think it's an extremely diverse line-up. There are a few huge acts but so many smaller ones I'm delighted to see as well. It's my first time going so super excited, just need to sort out an air mattress and I'll be all set to go!

maximoose wrote: »

I got a 20000Mah battery pack off Amazon for €16 on prime day, they cost nothing now.

lolz, im morto!! back to sleep for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Coz

maximoose wrote:

That's the one. I really should pay more attention.......

maximoose wrote: »

i need a new one, might as well get the obvious question out of the way.....
    how did you get it here? posting batteries is tricky (read illegal)
    i heard lads used to use adrress pal but they are tightening up on it

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

so havent been in a couple years.... anyone come up with any new ingenious ways of smuggling cans into the main arena :)

i need a new one, might as well get the obvious question out of the way.....
    how did you get it here? posting batteries is tricky (read illegal)
    i heard lads used to use adrress pal but they are tightening up on it

cheers

I used Addresspal, no issues at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    I have to say, I think it's an extremely diverse line-up. There are a few huge acts but so many smaller ones I'm delighted to see as well. It's my first time going so super excited, just need to sort out an air mattress and I'll be all set to go!

Skip the air mattress. Get a self inflate one. Smaller to pack and way more comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Skip the air mattress. Get a self inflate one. Smaller to pack and way more comfortable
    Cheers! That is a good idea!

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Cheers! That is a good idea!

they were in aldi or lidl last time i was in there recently,
    they are about 18€ and as good as any of your camping brands
    (as vouched for by my scout leader mate)
    ive bought four of them for my rare family camping expeditions (and EP)
    right job!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Festihuts location - anyone any idea are they in pink moon area? first time attendee and also first time not camping in a tent at a festival, so if anyone has stayed in festihuts before ,any tips/tricks/invaluable info ye can impart will be hugely appreciated!

also - my bros car was stolen a few yrs ago from the car park, has security improved for cars in the car parks, is it something to worry about?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

thalia_13 wrote: »
    Festihuts location - anyone any idea are they in pink moon area? first time attendee and also first time not camping in a tent at a festival, so if anyone has stayed in festihuts before ,any tips/tricks/invaluable info ye can impart will be hugely appreciated!

also - my bros car was stolen a few yrs ago from the car park, has security improved for cars in the car parks, is it something to worry about?

Festihuts have moved from the boutique camping area to the pink moon area for first time this year...no idea what diff that will make to us tbh.
    Festihuts are the job...you have electricity!! They are so cold at night though so wrap up!
    Been going to them the last six years and it’s really worth the money

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

Not what you all wanted to see 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

davew121 wrote: »
    Not what you all wanted to see 😳

I see he played the same stage in 2016, and I never noticed that stage

Snarky Snark Snark

davew121 wrote: »
    Not what you all wanted to see ��

Is that the abomination across from Mr. Fish?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Mall grab is right up my street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Is that the abomination across from Mr. Fish?

Is gibbons clashes with picture this the kids will be up in arms

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement