Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Is that the abomination across from Mr. Fish?

Yeah was it that hotel orchard thieves thing last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

No, that's been there for two years, that's at the back of the bar across from the Electric Arena, miles away from Mr. Fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Rfrip wrote: »
    Yeah was it that hotel orchard thieves thing last year?

Nope,think it was the Elites stand 2 years ago, Logic was there last year along with The bold motel thing.

Heineken stage is across from Jerry fish, Logic is closer to Little big tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is where the Haunt is placed in the B&S end to counteract the other stages.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Is where the Haunt is placed in the B&S end to counteract the other stages.

Would make sense if it was, didn't get into there last year, any cop?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

Is that the abomination across from Mr. Fish?

It is the large Dance area directly across from Mr Fish Logic is sponsored by Elites

Snarky Snark Snark

davew121 wrote: »
    It is the large Dance area directly across from Mr Fish Logic is sponsored by Elites

4J91gIE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would make sense if it was, didn't get into there last year, any cop?

Yeah worth a visit, fecking excellent and so different from the unz unz, crazy mad ass world music, be bop from the 50s and 60s, jazz fusion from Africa 60s mixed into that sort of stuff from Gramophone Disco on a serious fcuk off sound system, its fcuking mental. I was tripping me bollox of last year in it during Tribe Called Quest as I couldn't face the rain, was worth it.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Yesss

I might actually get to see Daithi after all!!
    looks like he is playing twice over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

God the years just ending up blurring into one after a while don’t they

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

jobless wrote: »
    so havent been in a couple years.... anyone come up with any new ingenious ways of smuggling cans into the main arena :)

Watch the Prestige (the film) and in particular pay attention to the old Chinese magician and his disappearing fishbowl trick. Then you'll know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Clarify here: logic is the name of the stage, not that rapper from Rick and morty, right?

Snarky Snark Snark

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Clarify here: logic is the name of the stage, not that rapper from Rick and morty, right?

No, No. It's that chap from Viz

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Coz

they were in aldi or lidl last time i was in there recently, they are about 18€ and as good as any of your camping brands (as vouched for by my scout leader mate) ive bought four of them for my rare family camping expeditions (and EP) right job!

2nd that for Self Inflating Mattress.

With a blow up one you're sleeping on a massive pocket of frigid air. While your only 5cm off the ground with a SIM they are way warmer as it's mostly foam.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the self-inflating mat I had before was air, not foam. think it was a Vango one.

thought it was absolute sh1te compared to an air mattress tbh. barely better than those awful yoga mat type ones that I had when I first started camping, way too low to the ground.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,630 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Snarky Snark Snark

the self-inflating mat I had before was air, not foam. think it was a Vango one.

thought it was absolute sh1te compared to an air mattress tbh. barely better than those awful yoga mat type ones that I had when I first started camping, way too low to the ground.

have a vango one, xl sized so it's a bit longer and wider than the normal ones.
    Found it quite comfy and warm, this is year 5 out of it I think so they are quite good value for money if you look after the things.

They are actually foam on the inside though, not just air.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

maximoose wrote: »
    Festable

Android only. It's now a single app for all festivals, just add the ones you want to track.

Be warned... if you add acts to your itinerary using the current EP 2018 clashfinder, it is likely that they will disappear as the entries in the clashfinder are likely to be very different when the timetables are released.

jobless wrote: »
    so havent been in a couple years.... anyone come up with any new ingenious ways of smuggling cans into the main arena :)

Yes

• Advertisement

Rfrip wrote: »
    Festihuts have moved from the boutique camping area to the pink moon area for first time this year...no idea what diff that will make to us tbh.
    Festihuts are the job...you have electricity!! They are so cold at night though so wrap up!
    Been going to them the last six years and it’s really worth the money

You could have a pretty decent caravan at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Now with added Logic line up. Now there's a sentence that i never thought i would write.

https://open.spotify.com/user/1157820226/playlist/1L2JgU6k3lE4UQOI7WqJBt?si=MNlZbz1BTs6NgJjmlrqr-A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

The EP app like much about EP this year is lame compared to previous years. Very few bands on it yet and it keeps crashing. It's like they don't care about the punters that handed over cash 10 months ago before knowing what they were getting. Feels like a slippery slope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

https://www.cotswoldoutdoor.ie/p/robens-logger-wood-stove-D3244009.html?colour=180

Something similar they are in stock in the Dundrum store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Any camping chair recommendations? Light, durable & relatively cheap is my preference.

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Any camping chair recommendations? Light, durable & relatively cheap is my preference.

Halfords, €7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Second this. Got those little blue ones with the drink holder and they’ve lasted 2 years so far. Very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

I got 1 in Argos 3 years ago, paid 15 quid I think, it's perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

I get one off Pamper The Camper down there. €10 quid and if you don’t want to bring it home you can return it and get €5 back

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement