Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

Some great Stereolab sounding artists playing this year......La Femme, Yellow days, Mount Kimbie, Gwenno....always a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

So trailer park next, possibly a small 3rd announcement and then we are into the last straight, site maps next week, timetables week after. **** just got real.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

So trailer park next, possibly a small 3rd announcement and then we are into the last straight, site maps next week, timetables week after. **** just got real.

Work is quite amusing at the moment.. people are like "...by end of the month" and I'm just nodding and smiling making EP lists

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Mucker46 wrote: »
    The EP app like much about EP this year is lame compared to previous years. Very few bands on it yet and it keeps crashing. It's like they don't care about the punters that handed over cash 10 months ago before knowing what they were getting. Feels like a slippery slope.

So looks the same to me as last years. Seems stable enough though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

26th for timetable according to KKC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

a Sunday?

did they release it all at once last year, or drip feed a few stages each day for the week in the Irish Times like previous years?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Work is quite amusing at the moment.. people are like "...by end of the month" and I'm just nodding and smiling making EP lists

I generally struggle to get any substantial work done in the month of August. Or September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

The EP app like much about EP this year is lame compared to previous years. Very few bands on it yet and it keeps crashing. It's like they don't care about the punters that handed over cash 10 months ago before knowing what they were getting. Feels like a slippery slope.

I have yet to come across an official festival app that is reliable/not garbage.

Primavera's crashes constantly. Asks you to input your favourite bands and promises reminders. Then erases said bands and sends you reminders about other acts 12 hours after they've played...

I remember one of the very first EP apps had a "pin your tent" feature. Stand in the tent, pin it and then let the app guide you back at the end of the night. Wonderful; except that it didn't take into account tent poles, cables or darkness for one, but also punter disorientation at that time of night!!

Only app worth having for any festival is the one that PabloandRoy has done on here for a number of years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

So looks the same to me as last years. Seems stable enough though

Agree scruff that looks the same but minimal bands on it so far and it crashes on me every 30 seconds or so. Have reinstalled but no difference. Will use clashfinder anyway but usually have a read of some bands on discover section. At this point knowing it is nearly here is making most things seem ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

• Advertisement

I have yet to come across an official festival app that is reliable/not garbage.

Primavera's crashes constantly. Asks you to input your favourite bands and promises reminders. Then erases said bands and sends you reminders about other acts 12 hours after they've played...

I remember one of the very first EP apps had a "pin your tent" feature. Stand in the tent, pin it and then let the app guide you back at the end of the night. Wonderful; except that it didn't take into account tent poles, cables or darkness for one, but also punter disorientation at that time of night!!

Only app worth having for any festival is the one that PabloandRoy has done on here for a number of years!!

That pin your tent sounds hilarious. EP app last year was very reliable.

Snarky Snark Snark

Agree scruff that looks the same but minimal bands on it so far and it crashes on me every 30 seconds or so. Have reinstalled but no difference. Will use clashfinder anyway but usually have a read of some bands on discover section. At this point knowing it is nearly here is making most things seem ok.

iOS or Android?

Wouldn't worry too much about the content in it until a couple of days before the actual event.

iOS or Android?

Wouldn't worry too much about the content in it until a couple of days before the actual event.

Android

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

eplady2017 wrote: »
    The absence of The Dublin Gospel Choir is a curious one alright.. Maybe we will have a last few names for the main stage area..

They are listed on the site, but I don't know what announcement they were in https://www.electricpicnic.ie/line-up/artist/dublin-gospel-choir

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

a Sunday?

did they release it all at once last year, or drip feed a few stages each day for the week in the Irish Times like previous years?

Looks like they said around the 26th.. For the past few years it has been drip fed in the Irish times over the Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, presume it will be the same this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Thanks. My current app (Festable) also has a random crash sometimes when it reopens .. I am trying to get to the bottom of it, but the debug version just won't crash. Please send crash reports and maybe I can fix it.

Also I hope to have some rudimentary artist info stuff before EP and also a map (no guarantee on that but I have a map from the last few years and it should be straight forward to update it).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭fourmations

Thanks. My current app (Festable) also has a random crash sometimes when it reopens .. I am trying to get to the bottom of it, but the debug version just won't crash. Please send crash reports and maybe I can fix it.

Also I hope to have some rudimentary artist info stuff before EP and also a map (no guarantee on that but I have a map from the last few years and it should be straight forward to update it).

hi, maybe worth mentioning, the apps lists the days out of order
    (Friday, Sunday, Saturday under each other)
    sure to confuse many sozzled short sighted punters!! myself included

thanks again for your stellar efforts!

rgds

rgds

so it is ... I will be sure to fix that first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Looks like they said around the 26th.. For the past few years it has been drip fed in the Irish times over the Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, presume it will be the same this year?

I assume so. Be nice if they just did it all on the Monday

Trailer Park is out. Great spot.

• Advertisement

rgds

OK .. this is down to a combination of my (stupid & hacky) parser and the incomplete data in the clashfinder... the days are filled in order that they come in the clashfinder data and because thre was one on the friday and the next one in the data was on the sunday ... viola ... i added a blank line in the clashfinder data and it fixes it .. just reload the timetable ...

why did i just waste 30 minutes on that? .. godamm that ****ty incomplete clashfinder ...

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Any recommendations on the Trailer Park lineup? I usually go there for cover acts and it is always great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Any recommendations on the Trailer Park lineup? I usually go there for cover acts and it is always great fun.

Elvis - the way it was will be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

BigMo1 wrote: »

Galway street club, load of crusty buskers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yay! Attention Bebe. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

ATTENTION BEBE / INTERSKALACTIC / GALWAY STREET CLUB / STOMPTOWN BRASS / ELAINE MAI / ELVIS THE WAY IT WAS / LUNA BOYS / JUNIOR BROTHER / CC BREZ / PRISON LOVE / KATIE LAFFAN / FATHER TED EXPERIENCE / BRIAN WHITTINGTON / LARKFIELD FOUR / AINDRIAS DE STAIC AND THE LATCHIKOS / MUTEFISH / ROBIN JAMES HURT / THE ACKS / LOOSEYSMOKES (AERIAL THEATRE) / AND MANY, MANY MORE

2fm are about to ruin my day... That have a "massive announcement for the Rankin Wood stage for the Friday night"... Which will no doubt consist of an assault on the ears.

Snarky Snark Snark

Jenny Greene flogging her expired equine again?

Jenny Greene flogging her expired equine again?

Is that a euphemism?

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Yes, but not a durty one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement