Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

2fm are about to ruin my day... That have a "massive announcement for the Rankin Wood stage for the Friday night"... Which will no doubt consist of an assault on the ears.

Jenny Greene? Or was she in the electric arena the last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Yes, but not a durty one.

Thank God, not an image I'd like to impart on anyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Jenny Greene? Or was she in the electric arena the last time?

No, Rankins.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

2fm are about to ruin my day... That have a "massive announcement for the Rankin Wood stage for the Friday night"... Which will no doubt consist of an assault on the ears.

Probably the idiot mó k? It it was green maybe she would have announced on her own show today?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Aphex fcuking Twin, oh to dream.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,739 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

recommends for a self inflating mattress anyone?

Sadly that wouldn't rank as a big announcement in 2FMs world. Jenny Greene on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

When is this Jenny Greene announcement supposed to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

:D:D:D

Jenny Greene & 2FM present 'The Aphex Flynn experience'

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

tonto123 wrote: »
    Probably the idiot mó k? It it was green maybe she would have announced on her own show today?

Nicky Byrne's Boyzone experience

• Advertisement

they hand out microphones that aren't turned on to the crowd, so everyone can not sing along

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Black Adder theme then. :):D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

ATTENTION BEBE / INTERSKALACTIC / GALWAY STREET CLUB / STOMPTOWN BRASS / ELAINE MAI / ELVIS THE WAY IT WAS / LUNA BOYS / JUNIOR BROTHER / CC BREZ / PRISON LOVE / KATIE LAFFAN / FATHER TED EXPERIENCE / BRIAN WHITTINGTON / LARKFIELD FOUR / AINDRIAS DE STAIC AND THE LATCHIKOS / MUTEFISH / ROBIN JAMES HURT / THE ACKS / LOOSEYSMOKES (AERIAL THEATRE) / AND MANY, MANY MORE

Aindrais de Staic, excellent!

Snarky Snark Snark

sounds like some weird gay coming of age movie

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

BigMo1 wrote: »
    When is this Jenny Greene announcement supposed to be?
    After 2pm today - DJ Mo K in the studio so guessing its him doing a reprise of his show from last year.

What's a Mo K?

ricerocket wrote: »
    After 2pm today - DJ Mo K in the studio so guessing its him doing a reprise of his show from last year.

Story of hip hop rubbish no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

It’s mad, they change the announcement schedule a tiny bit and now I’m eyeing everything with suspicion.

This 2fm announcement craic isn’t adding to any of my hype at all at this stage.

It's announced,story of hip hop, the dj said she cried at the show last year and the guy did too, óh god pass the bucket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

It's announced,story of hip hop, the dj said she cried at the show last year and the guy did too, óh god pass the bucket

I am guessing a lot of people cried.

• Advertisement

larry-david-yawn.gif?w=450

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Sadly that wouldn't rank as a big announcement in 2FMs world. Jenny Greene on the other hand...

Perhaps the most true and saddest words in over 600 pages of comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

With all the music out there why have the same show two years in a row. Slope getting slipper by the day.

Still nothing confirmed to save my Friday night down there

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Mucker46 wrote: »
    With all the music out there why have the same show two years in a row. Slope getting slipper by the day.

Very True

The sub-headliners are shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Another quick question if ye don’t mind. Eco camping I have 2 friends who now can’t go and I have their codes. Can they be used by someone else or does it have to be names attached?

That pile of pox story of hip hop was rammed last year. All those fools standing there while young fathers killed it in the next tent. Raging they aren’t playing again this considering they playing all over Europe with massive attack and sold out the Academy earlier this year.

On the other other hand.... is that an Elvis tribute... I’d be so happy

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

kg703 wrote: »
    Another quick question if ye don’t mind. Eco camping I have 2 friends who now can’t go and I have their codes. Can they be used by someone else or does it have to be names attached?

That pile of pox story of hip hop was rammed last year. All those fools standing there while young fathers killed it in the next tent. Raging they aren’t playing again this considering they playing all over Europe with massive attack and sold out the Academy earlier this year.

On the other other hand.... is that an Elvis tribute... I’d be so happy

I'd be very confident of young father's playing, they will be in Stradbally with Massive Attack so expect that they'll form part of a 3rd main announcement or be a surprise act somewhere over weekend

Snarky Snark Snark

kg703 wrote: »
    ..All those fools standing there while young fathers killed it in the next tent...

Not my type of stuff at all but they were utterly epic and would merrily toddle along to see them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I'd be very confident of young father's playing, they will be in Stradbally with Massive Attack so expect that they'll form part of a 3rd main announcement or be a surprise act somewhere over weekend

What's the basis for this?

Young Fathers haven't toured with Massive Attack since 2016 as far as I know. They're playing Electric Fields that weekend so not out of the question but just wondering if I missed something!

And even looking at Massive Attack's set lists, they play 'Voodoo in my Blood' live but usually without live input from Young Fathers (as per setlist.fm at least!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

What's the basis for this?

Young Fathers haven't toured with Massive Attack since 2016 as far as I know. They're playing Electric Fields that weekend so not out of the question but just wondering if I missed something!

And even looking at Massive Attack's set lists, they play 'Voodoo in my Blood' live but usually without live input from Young Fathers (as per setlist.fm at least!)

They were definitely playing with them this summer. Maybe just at the festivals they are both booked for? Either way I'd love to catch them if playing missed it last year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement