Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

haitens wrote: »
    They were definitely playing with them this summer. Maybe just at the festivals they are both booked for? Either way I'd love to catch them if playing missed it last year

Maybe that was it. I've seen Young Fathers twice this year and there was definitely no sign of Massive Attack at either show, sadly!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

I may be unable to attend this year and have a 4 man tent in Pink moon.

Do they offer refunds on their site does anyone know? i've contacted them through a form on their site and social media and just waiting on a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,738 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Do they offer refunds on their site does anyone know? i've contacted them through a form on their site and social media and just waiting on a response.

Not sure about the refund, but you could try sell it on toutless.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Any eco campers here?
    Is it the same as general camping in terms of say, can i save a spot for a friends tent? or do they decide where ye go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Any eco campers here?
    Is it the same as general camping in terms of say, can i save a spot for a friends tent? or do they decide where ye go

Its the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

What's the basis for this?

Young Fathers haven't toured with Massive Attack since 2016 as far as I know. They're playing Electric Fields that weekend so not out of the question but just wondering if I missed something!

And even looking at Massive Attack's set lists, they play 'Voodoo in my Blood' live but usually without live input from Young Fathers (as per setlist.fm at least!)

They've been on stage with Massive Attack at every show they've played this year, they are part of the tour. Hence the reason they will be in Stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlaaEater

No refunds, but you should be able to sell it on easy enough. You won't be able to re-assign the booking to anyone else through Pink moon, but if you sell it on the buyer just needs the email to get in...I've done it myself....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

everlast75 wrote: »
    recommends for a self inflating mattress anyone?
    After a fair bit of research I've ordered this one from Amazon. It's wider than most of them and a reasonable price. Mountain warehouse in blanchardstown also have some decent enough looking ones if you don't want to order online.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LXE4E1O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

kg703 wrote: »
    Another quick question if ye don’t mind. Eco camping I have 2 friends who now can’t go and I have their codes. Can they be used by someone else or does it have to be names attached?

im assuming you can just give the ids to the other people and pretend to be them.... when i was the eco 2 years back they just crossed off the name

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

I guess we all have our personal preferences just like our real beds at home. But I found the self inflating mattresses hard on my back and brought an air mattress last year. Was so much more comfortable and pleasant to sleep on. IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,738 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I have a camping bed which I brought the last few years, but it is quite unwieldy, so thinking of changing it up this year..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭LowOdour

PinkCamper wrote: »
    I guess we all have our personal preferences just like our real beds at home. But I found the self inflating mattresses hard on my back and brought an air mattress last year. Was so much more comfortable and pleasant to sleep on. IMO
    We bring both an self inflating mattresses (inflated, they are quite thin) and air bed...laying the mattress on the air bed. May be overkill, but its more comfort, and if one gets punctured then you are not totally screwed. Again, that little bit of comfort makes a lot of difference over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Any eco campers here?

It was the same last year. however, given that we have a new location with lines of baby oak trees, they may want to make sure people camp within the lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

They've been on stage with Massive Attack at every show they've played this year, they are part of the tour. Hence the reason they will be in Stradbally.

I was assuming this was the end of that particular part of the tour with Young Fathers and they might switch things up for EP, dropping the Young Fathers tracks and maybe even bring Teardrop back in from the cold. Probably not in this case, if they're over in the UK the same weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

LowOdour wrote: »
    We bring both an self inflating mattresses (inflated, they are quite thin) and air bed...laying the mattress on the air bed. May be overkill, but its more comfort, and if one gets punctured then you are not totally screwed. Again, that little bit of comfort makes a lot of difference over the weekend

Jaysus, princess and the pea!
    just drink more, irons out the bumps on the ground! ;)

(just kidding, nice idea!)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

jobless wrote: »
    im assuming you can just give the ids to the other people and pretend to be them.... when i was the eco 2 years back they just crossed off the name

The email from the Eco campsite says you need your registration ID that was in the latest email from them, but doesn't mention anything else, so I would think you can pass that registration ID on to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

Another quick question if ye don’t mind. Eco camping I have 2 friends who now can’t go and I have their codes. Can they be used by someone else or does it have to be names attached?

That pile of pox story of hip hop was rammed last year. All those fools standing there while young fathers killed it in the next tent. Raging they aren’t playing again this considering they playing all over Europe with massive attack and sold out the Academy earlier this year.

On the other other hand.... is that an Elvis tribute... I’d be so happy
    Young Fathers smashed it last year in EA , saw them in the Academy also this year, had hoped they might be added again as touring the new album but EP doesnt "usually" have main acts 2 years in a row , and I am not expecting them despite the other persons optimism, but very happy to be proven wrong:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

uuugh. Looking at the Massive Attack set lists, no teardrop, no karmacoma, no protection, no live with me...

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

uuugh.  Looking at the Massive Attack set lists, no teardrop, no karmacoma, no protection, no live with me...
    still loads on it but no protection, no teardrop or Karmacoma, no dissolved girl either.  
      [font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif][*]Hymn of the Big Wheel
      (with Horace Andy)
      Play Video

[*]Risingson

Play Video

[*]Ritual Spirit
      (with Azekel)
      Play Video

[*]Girl I Love You
      (with Horace Andy)
      Play Video

[*]Eurochild

Play Video

[*]Future Proof

Play Video

[*]Voodoo in My Blood
      (with Young Fathers)
      Play Video

[*]Way Up Here
      (with Young Fathers)
      Play Video

[*]Angel
      (with Horace Andy)
      Play Video

[*]Inertia Creeps

Play Video

[*]Safe From Harm
      (with Deborah Miller)
      Play Video

[*]Encore:
      [*]United Snakes

Play Video

[*]Take It There

Play Video

[*]Unfinished Sympathy
      (with Deborah Miller)
      Play Video

[*]Splitting the Atom
      (with Horace Andy)

[/font]

1. Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Jaysus, princess and the pea!
      just drink more, irons out the bumps on the ground! ;)

(just kidding, nice idea!)

What can I say...an old man needs his comforts! Having endured Oxegen back in the day within a flimsy tent and an even flimsier sleeping bag, this princess takes no chances!

2. Advertisement
    3. Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Sweet. I thought that tour had ended quite a while back. Young Fathers are one of the best live bands on the go at the moment.

4. Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Young Fathers smashed it last year in EA , saw them in the Academy also this year, had hoped they might be added again as touring the new album but EP doesnt "usually" have main acts 2 years in a row , and I am not expecting them despite the other persons optimism, but very happy to be proven wrong:)

I am the same, academy gig was great. I don’t even like rnb if you would even call it that.

Would they be considered a ‘main act’ ??

5. Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

uuugh. Looking at the Massive Attack set lists, no teardrop, no karmacoma, no protection, no live with me...

Karmacoma was awful when they played it in the Olympia, so a bullet dodged there. I doubt they've played Protection much in the last 15 odd years, definitely not since 2010 anyway. I'm not a fan of Live With Me, always felt that was tacked onto the label-required greatest hits. Teardrop is a loss though, probably their most famous song these days. They got serious flack for leaving out Unfinished Sympathy in the Olympia, will be much the same at EP for this. Seems deliberately tone deaf to drop song like that for extended periods of time. Especially when United Snakes (for instance, nothing against it particularly) has been in the set for years now.

6. Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I am the same, academy gig was great. I don’t even like rnb if you would even call it that.

Would they be considered a ‘main act’ ??

I definitely would not call them rnb.

7. Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Yes, thinking of doing this this year! Insurance policy

8. Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Heiser

Anyone get their campervan ticket yet?

9. Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I've been very lazy in the build up to this picnic, have done very little research compared to the last few years, going to go hammer and thongs at it for the next two weeks starting from the top down. NERD are surely the weirdest headliner that we have ever had, very few big songs that people would know and I have never ever met someone who said they are an NERD fan, I don't think I have ever been in the presence of someone who has put on one of their tunes on spotify, youtube or at a house party etc. Looking at some of their setlists they seem like a cover band with the amount they throw in. Kendrick Lamar is growing on me though!

10. Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

BadTurtle wrote: »
      I definitely would not call them rnb.

Yeah I know, couldn’t really identify a genre off the top of my head but they wouldn’t be the normal thing I listen to but I have a couple of albums nearly off heart

11. Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I've been very lazy in the build up to this picnic, have done very little research compared to the last few years, going to go hammer and thongs at it for the next two weeks starting from the top down. NERD are surely the weirdest headliner that we have ever had, very few big songs that people would know and I have never ever met someone who said they are an NERD fan, I don't think I have ever been in the presence of someone who has put on one of their tunes on spotify, youtube or at a house party etc. Looking at some of their setlists they seem like a cover band with the amount they throw in. Kendrick Lamar is growing on me though!

It's most likely the fact that Pharrell is one of the most successful popstars on the planet, and to a lesser extent the Neptunes were a critically acclaimed production team in the 00s. But as a band, without covering their own work (which is what their set is doing - Pharrell and Chad worked on all of the songs except 7 Nation Army) they really only have one or two hits max.

12. Advertisement
    13. Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Yeah I know, couldn’t really identify a genre off the top of my head but they wouldn’t be the normal thing I listen to but I have a couple of albums nearly off heart

RnB is such a catch all genre that yes they could be labeled as such.

Like one of the lowest common denominators of music.

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement