Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Anyone able to tell me who the best dance acts will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I've been very lazy in the build up to this picnic, have done very little research compared to the last few years, going to go hammer and thongs at it for the next two weeks starting from the top down. NERD are surely the weirdest headliner that we have ever had, very few big songs that people would know and I have never ever met someone who said they are an NERD fan, I don't think I have ever been in the presence of someone who has put on one of their tunes on spotify, youtube or at a house party etc. Looking at some of their setlists they seem like a cover band with the amount they throw in. Kendrick Lamar is growing on me though!

I’ve been known to stick on Rockstar. Reminds me of being a teenager!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

I've been very lazy in the build up to this picnic, have done very little research compared to the last few years, going to go hammer and thongs at it for the next two weeks starting from the top down. NERD are surely the weirdest headliner that we have ever had, very few big songs that people would know and I have never ever met someone who said they are an NERD fan, I don't think I have ever been in the presence of someone who has put on one of their tunes on spotify, youtube or at a house party etc. Looking at some of their setlists they seem like a cover band with the amount they throw in. Kendrick Lamar is growing on me though!

You should turn on the genius on Spotify and check out the stories behind some of Kendriks tunes puts him on another level altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Green&Red wrote: »

Dj koze, get down edits, mother djs, Denis sulta, Peggy gou, Nina kravitz are the ones il be checking out...need way more though ..anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Depends what kind of dance music you are looking for I guess. Not really into banging techno myself, but Nina Kraviz will probably provide that. Not as many great live electronic acts this year as usual IMO but some great DJs playing that are worth checking out and listen to their sets on youtube rather than their songs on spotify.

Denis Sulta who plays a mixture of anything from house to disco to trance and techno. He plays bangers and that is his thing.

Peggy Gou a bit more mellow but nice house music, mixing in this is fairly suspect but decent tunes.

Mall Grab who is a little bit heavier, here playing with Denis Sulta.

Krystal Klear playing as usual, disco house type stuff, brought out one of the songs of the year here.

The Blaze who are much more chilled but have cool visuals and one of the gigs I'm looking forward to most.

Lots more too then like Joey Negro, DJ Koze, New Jackson & R.Kitt who were all very good last time I saw them.. Probably plenty more too if anyone has any other suggestions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

As above but also Camelphat and DJ Mele are both on the Friday at Casa Bacardi, I love them both so excited to see them!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Rfrip wrote: »
    Dj koze, get down edits, mother djs, Denis sulta, Peggy gou, Nina kravitz are the ones il be checking out...need way more though ..anyone???
    hi iv never caught the infamous mother djs? what do they play? is it old classics or whats their story?

Depends what kind of dance music you are looking for I guess. Not really into banging techno myself, but Nina Kraviz will probably provide that. Not as many great live electronic acts this year as usual IMO but some great DJs playing that are worth checking out and listen to their sets on youtube rather than their songs on spotify.

Denis Sulta who plays a mixture of anything from house to disco to trance and techno. He plays bangers and that is his thing.

Peggy Gou a bit more mellow but nice house music, mixing in this is fairly suspect but decent tunes.

Mall Grab who is a little bit heavier, here playing with Denis Sulta.

Krystal Klear playing as usual, disco house type stuff, brought out one of the songs of the year here.

The Blaze who are much more chilled but have cool visuals and one of the gigs I'm looking forward to most.

Lots more too then like Joey Negro, DJ Koze, New Jackson & R.Kitt who were all very good last time I saw them.. Probably plenty more too if anyone has any other suggestions!
    cheers for that , has anyone any idea when dennis sulta is playing?? be great way to kick off the friday night

• Subscribers Posts: 41,630 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Joey negro for funky disco

tonto123 wrote: »
    hi iv never caught the infamous mother djs? what do they play? is it old classics or whats their story?

This is a playlist I made having seen them at a good few festivals now, really really recommend them to close out the festival on Sunday night.

https://open.spotify.com/user/1163605112/playlist/7BsD137vTd5X8ALDYdfZ0H?si=zUFxHQxdTwO41fCTsDX7jg

• Advertisement

This is a playlist I made having seen them at a good few festivals now, really really recommend them to close out the festival on Sunday night.

https://open.spotify.com/user/1163605112/playlist/7BsD137vTd5X8ALDYdfZ0H?si=zUFxHQxdTwO41fCTsDX7jg
    ah great stuff , like the look of that list! have we any idea what night they are playing jerry fish??? there listed first for the late night acts so hardly friday is it?

ah great stuff , like the look of that list! have we any idea what night they are playing jerry fish??? there listed first for the late night acts so hardly friday is it?

They said on facebook midnight until 4am in the Jerry Fish on Saturday night, then they are doing the same slot on the Earthship stage of Body & Soul on the Sunday.

It’s the best way to finish out the festival on a Sunday night. They play everything from toto Africa to underworld two months off.

https://www.mixcloud.com/g_h_o_s_t_b_o_y/mother-djs-live-at-casa-bacardi-2014/

https://www.mixcloud.com/g_h_o_s_t_b_o_y/ghostboy-live-at-casa-bacardi-2014/

Old mixes there but you get the Jist.

Starting to get excited now !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

ah great stuff , like the look of that list!

Mother DJs are great.
    You'll be there dancing with a smile on your face at 3 in the morning, after thinking you were only fit for bed beforehand :)

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Mother DJs are great.
    You'll be there dancing with a smile on your face at 3 in the morning, after thinking you were only fit for bed beforehand :)

I’m among my people here :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Don't forget some of the DJs at Body & Soul too, loads of electronica out there, what about the fecking Prodigy and Massive Attack too.

Neil Flynn

Donal Dineen

Bon Voyage

Daithi

Mother DJs

Justyna Koss for your techno needs. (No clips of her it seems.)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I always have this fear of watching your clips in case I catch a glimpse of myself in them

It won’t have been pretty!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

What announcement was Niall Flynn in?

BadTurtle wrote: »
    What announcement was Niall Flynn in?

He's playing in the Peace Pagoda in the Body & Soul Village.

Peace Pagoda: presented by Algorithm:

AGorilla / Baz Hickey / Cáit / Davy Kehoe / Dream~Cycles / Melly / Maria Somerville / Neil Flynn / No Place Like Drone / Now You're Swingin' / R. Kitt / Rob Le Nan / Sarah Rossney / Soft Stone / Wastefellow / Zvuku

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Dance and djs generally feature very little on my itinerary but loving the blaze and if mother djs play anything like your playlist I will miss the last bus.

• Advertisement

Could someone put up Youtube playlists I can't get Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Is it possible to get to salty dog and other voices from the family camp site without going through main arena

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

I have yet to come across an official festival app that is reliable/not garbage.

Primavera's crashes constantly. Asks you to input your favourite bands and promises reminders. Then erases said bands and sends you reminders about other acts 12 hours after they've played...

I remember one of the very first EP apps had a "pin your tent" feature. Stand in the tent, pin it and then let the app guide you back at the end of the night. Wonderful; except that it didn't take into account tent poles, cables or darkness for one, but also punter disorientation at that time of night!!

Only app worth having for any festival is the one that PabloandRoy has done on here for a number of years!!

I had no quibbles with the Sónar app this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

I love the look of that playlist, but the two times I’ve been to see Mother djs, once at Mother club, and last year on Earthship stage in B&S on the Sunday night, they played nothing I recognised. I was a little bored tbh. So I’ve been wondering what all the hype is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Is it possible to get to salty dog and other voices from the family camp site without going through main arena

Yes, go through boutique, Hendrix and then across through the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Yes, go through boutique, Hendrix and then across through the woods.

For both ?

For both ?

yes .. there is a path between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

very much looking fwd to pillow queens
    their track "favourite" has been the highlight of my week, charming bunch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyLuM7rIBsI

bonus lovely stripped down version...even more charming!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxLJ53YGdX4

very much looking fwd to pillow queens
    their track "favourite" has been the highlight of my week, charming bunch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyLuM7rIBsI

bonus lovely stripped down version...even more charming!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxLJ53YGdX4

Good stuff indeed.

I can see that there is lots of great stuff on the undercard, and that is definitely a good thing, but I have never been less excited for EP (after a bottle of wine with 16 days to go)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 DH1978

Good stuff indeed.

I can see that there is lots of great stuff on the undercard, and that is definitely a good thing, but I have never been less excited for EP (after a bottle of wine with 16 days to go)

I'm getting nothin off the.......I'm getting nothing off tha.....................hang on!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement