Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

David Byrne has just been announced for Roskilde, would love to see him at EP next year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I know i may get in trouble for saying the name but according to NME Radiohead will tour in 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I know i may get in trouble for saying the name but according to NME R-word will tour in 2018

Flouncing intensifies.........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Anyone hear of 2cellos? They popped up on your tube and they're ****ing amazing.. .i' put them on a sunday 7 o'clock main stage....it's just two lads that do covers on cellos...drummer backs them up but their set list builds up nicely and they play belters like prodigys voodoo people and acdc thunder struck. They start off with U2 with or with you and streets have no name. They played exit festival judging by the you tube clips and they were well able to hold the crowds attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Anyone hear of 2cellos? They popped up on your tube and they're ****ing amazing.. .i' put them on a sunday 7 o'clock main stage....it's just two lads that do covers on cellos...drummer backs them up but their set list builds up nicely and they play belters like prodigys voodoo people and acdc thunder struck. They start off with U2 with or with you and streets have no name. They played exit festival judging by the you tube clips and they were well able to hold the crowds attention.

If you like them check out The shadow Hawk Duo.
    https://youtu.be/Y1CBWH6m-Eo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I see Aldous Harding got album of the year in the Rough Trade poll. Anyone see here in Sept? Any good? Given she didn't play the main arena I guess there's a chance she could return in 2018?

I've also just discovered (via BBC6) a very decent Tuam band Oh Boland who I again missed this year. Any feedback on their gig? And if gathering momentum then surely back in 2018?

And what's the score with Girl Band, they gigging next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    And what's the score with Girl Band, they gigging next year?

Hope so. They've cancelled a few tours in the last couple of years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I've also just discovered (via BBC6) a very decent Tuam band Oh Boland who I again missed this year. Any feedback on their gig? And if gathering momentum then surely back in 2018?

I know the bassist, lovely guy. I think they went on their first tour of the UK recently. They plag gigs in Galway all the time they're great.

• Advertisement

Ed O Brien of the band who shall not be named saying that they are looking at tour dates for next year :pac:

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/a13529349/radiohead-ed-obrien-interview/
    I’m going back into the studio with Flood and Catherine to finish those tracks up and will start some new stuff in the new year. Yes there are some tour dates being looked at for Radiohead next year. So I’m very busy at the moment, I’ve got my head in this record.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Synergism

Didn't see them at EP as I was elsewhere but they play a lot of support slots (Metz, Andrew Savage, Protomartyr etc.) so I've caught them a good few times. Really good live band, lots of energy. Their album launch at the Bello Bar was great too.

I think they have a new album recorded and are waiting to release it? Don't quote me I that but I think I heard it somewhere!

MadYaker wrote: »
    Ed O Brien of the band who shall not be named saying that they are looking at tour dates for next year :pac:

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/a13529349/radiohead-ed-obrien-interview/

i didnt realise they were also supposed to have been line up for Reading and Leeds this year like for EP

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Does anyone have any experience with ticketmaster when their second installment failed??? kinda freaking out just realised this happened with my cancelled card

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

dublinjen wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience with ticketmaster when their second installment failed??? kinda freaking out just realised this happened with my cancelled card

Best to contact them directly & ask them. If you use twitter their Irish based customer service account is @TMIECS, easiest way I've found to talk to a ticketmaster-based human :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Keeping an eye on the efestivals forum and apparently the Pixies keep sharing old Reading/Leeds line ups with them on it . They would be a great Electric Arena headliner

Keeping an eye on the efestivals forum and apparently the Pixies keep sharing old Reading/Leeds line ups with them on it . They would be a great Electric Arena headliner

Or main stage headliner!

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Or main stage headliner!

Cant see them headlining main stage , maybe mid to high on the main stage

Snarky Snark Snark

Or main stage headliner!

cranston-not-gonna-happen.gif

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Aha bollox!! There's WOD and a few others out of the running.

feck, they were great two years ago, really starting to scratch me head trying to figure who's decent / free and defo touring at that time next year.

wod out / nick cave out etc / LCD out etc...

Radiohead boys, the time has come. I reckon they'll announce dates before the end of the year.

Snarky Snark Snark

Bjork / beck sandwich?

cranston-not-gonna-happen.gif[/QUOTE

Considering the XX headlined I don't think the Pixies would be completely out of the question.

Snarky Snark Snark

The XX are a hell of a lot bigger at the moment than the Pixies are. 20 years ago maybe, not now.

The XX are a hell of a lot bigger at the moment than the Pixies are. 20 years ago maybe, not now.

Plus the Pixies played Trinity last year at 5000 capacity and not even sure if they sold it out

Snarky Snark Snark

They're niche at this stage (well, more niche than they used to be) and that grumpy bollox of a lead makes R-words Yorke seem like he's fcuking santa claus on happy pills.

Pixies recently headlined Field Day in London, Bluedot, Eurockeennes & the Other Stage at Glasto. I'd not rule them out as headliners.

The XX way bigger as you say but EP has had Interpol, the Valentines & comparable acts headlining in the past.

Plus the Pixies played Trinity last year at 5000 capacity and not even sure if they sold it out

Lana Del Ray was playing Vicar St. gigs before she headlined EP. Not saying the Pixies will headline but it's surely got to be a possibility.

• Advertisement

Pixies recently headlined Field Day in London, Bluedot, Eurockeennes & the Other Stage at Glasto. I'd not rule them out as headliners.

The XX way bigger as you say but EP has had Interpol, the Valentines & comparable acts headlining in the past.

Not every band is as big in every country , Interpol headlined the EA this year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement