Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I’ve been asked to collect someone who is going to be working at it on the Sunday morning around 3-30 am.

Anyone know which road or entrance I should take to drive into the site to collect them. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Username44

Hey Guys ! I wasn't able to get a ticket this year and im having no luck on DoneDeal etc so ive applied for the volunteering ! Has anyone done this before and what are my chances of actually getting it ?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,629 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I’ve been asked to collect someone who is going to be working at it on the Sunday morning around 3-30 am.

Anyone know which road or entrance I should take to drive into the site to collect them. Thanks

You'd be better off arranging to collect them in town. Probably at the top of the Heath road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Denis Sulta who plays a mixture of anything from house to disco to trance and techno. He plays bangers and that is his thing.

12:40, gerouvit :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Username44 wrote: »
    Hey Guys ! I wasn't able to get a ticket this year and im having no luck on DoneDeal etc so ive applied for the volunteering ! Has anyone done this before and what are my chances of actually getting it ?

For a ticket try toutless.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

In the week running up to the festival all of those €300+ tickets will be face value, like the other post says, try toutless.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

I know someone who did it last year. You pay a 250 euro deposit refunded a few weeks later. My mate paid the deposit and didn't show up for any shifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

Are there any carpooling sites with EP folk using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Saw a page on facebook awhile back about carpooling to EP
    sorry I dont have the link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Looking at Setlist.fm NERD seem to have two setlists, one of them features a lot more of the Pharrell produced non-NERD songs like Blurred Lines, Hot in Here, Hollaback girl etc hopefully get that one would be more fun on a Sat night.

• Advertisement

showpony1 wrote: »
    Looking at Setlist.fm NERD seem to have two setlists, one of them features a lot more of the Pharrell produced non-NERD songs like Blurred Lines, Hot in Here, Hollaback girl etc hopefully get that one would be more fun on a Sat night.

Don't forget your meds today showpony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

showpony1 wrote: »

what? really?

Was hoping for more along the line of In Search Of.. tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Username44

haitens wrote: »
    I know someone who did it last year. You pay a 250 euro deposit refunded a few weeks later. My mate paid the deposit and didn't show up for any shifts.
    Does everyone who applies get volunteering ? Im thinking off doing the same :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Dance and djs generally feature very little on my itinerary but loving the blaze and if mother djs play anything like your playlist I will miss the last bus.

Find of the day - so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

what? really?

Was hoping for more along the line of In Search Of.. tbh

Very little from the first two albums unfortunately. Rockstar and (sometimes) Lapdance from the first, only She wants to Move from the second. It's a bit of a balls, especially when there are 4 off the third album, which is more or less the universally derided album.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Very little from the first two albums unfortunately. Rockstar and (sometimes) Lapdance from the first, only She wants to Move from the second. It's a bit of a balls, especially when there are 4 off the third album, which is more or less the universally derided album.

It's hard to imagine they'd leave their biggest hit out of a festival setlist :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

whelzer wrote: »
    Find of the day - so far!

friend told me about The Blaze recently - am thrilled with this new find!

This sounds like sh1te. Don't think I will bother.

I won't be at the main stage much this year. MA, Kendrick & the start of Prodigy*.

*I expect skanger hell for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

I won't be at the main stage much this year. MA, Kendrick & the start of Prodigy*.

Dublin being in the All Ireland should help massively with this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Dublin being in the All Ireland should help massively with this

Hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

roll wrote: »
    Are there any carpooling sites with EP folk using it?

If you use Facebook there are a number of festival carpooling groups.

Irish Festival Carpooling.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/458342267587612/?ref=group_browse_new

Getting where you need to be.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/871663349644918/?ref=group_browse_new

This one is more for staff at the festival but no harm in trying it either.
    Lifts to (and from) Electric Picnic.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/500495180287057/?ref=group_browse_new

Festival Hopping.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/385249198188281/?ref=group_browse_new

Good luck :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭bergipau

sydthebeat wrote: »

You'd be better off arranging to collect them in town. Probably at the top of the Heath road.

There is a pickup/drop off area which is excellent. It’s on the portlaoise road into stradbally. It works really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

I think the late announcement of them, means that people who would go to EP just to see prodigy won;t have got tickets, so it should be ok crowd wise, that my hope anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Feck sake, with MA not doing Protection or Teardrop this could be a let down.
    Or maybe they’ll both play all of them, yes that’s bound to happen.

d_levins wrote: »
    I think the late announcement of them, means that people who would go to EP just to see prodigy won;t have got tickets, so it should be ok crowd wise, that my hope anyway.

Really hope you are right.

I remember Sex Pistols in 2008. Was grand all weekend, then they all crawled out of the woodwork for the sex pistols. I said to my SO, "we will stay until pretty vacant is done". Pretty Vacant was first song and we legged it to modeselektor, best move ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Would toutless be the best place to try to sell an 8 man tent in pink moon or is it just for tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    Would toutless be the best place to try to sell an 8 man tent in pink moon or is it just for tickets?

I've seen tent tickets for sale on toutless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

have a couple of friends struggling to find tickets- hopefully that will change in the run up

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

everlast75 wrote: »
    I've seen tent tickets for sale on toutless

Thanks. can't access it in work to check

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

optogirl wrote: »
    have a couple of friends struggling to find tickets- hopefully that will change in the run up
    it might change next week hopefully, but there's definitely a much bigger demand this year (or after the recent announcement really), than in previous years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement