Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

d_levins wrote: »
    I think the late announcement of them, means that people who would go to EP just to see prodigy won;t have got tickets, so it should be ok crowd wise, that my hope anyway.

There's always gonna be skangery types, they're likely to be some of the ones that have spent the rest of the weekend getting blasted in the campsites before descending on the arena like the uruk-hai searching for manflesh.

Apart from that, you'd need to remember that most of the prodigys record buyers are now all in their late 30s and 40s so not really an issue (mostly)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

just had a look there on donedeal .. there is a caravan pass for €300 !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

it might change next week hopefully, but there's definitely a much bigger demand this year (or after the recent announcement really), than in previous years.

Lots of tickets on adverts and done deal and plenty at face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

The fear of skangers attending due to the prodigy in here is hilarious

Snarky Snark Snark

I was very meh on them playing, looking at their set lists, varied but leaning a lot on the stuff they were doing when i was buying their records (a long time ago, in a galaxy far away), will be a toss up between them and who ever is closing out the EA (likely to be the EA but may depend on alcohol levels)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Lots of tickets on adverts and done deal and plenty at face value.

Fair enough - was looking on toutless & #ticketfairy and not getting much joy - will pass on the good news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I was very meh on them playing, looking at their set lists, varied but leaning a lot on the stuff they were doing when i was buying their records (a long time ago, in a galaxy far away), will be a toss up between them and who ever is closing out the EA (likely to be the EA but may depend on alcohol levels)

The last time I saw them was when I done the daytrip to Oxegen, they were on the Vodafone stage and the crowd they had seemed pretty civilised whilst all the skangers were watching Eminem, so thank fcuk we don't have Eminem on the bill also. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

ewj1978 wrote: »

That doesn't say anything about EP and Its probably the DJ set and not the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Thanks msmojave. Was just about to post that.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

excited when i seen his name.. what can we expect? will he give a show as faithless or jus turnin up to do some messing in the 3 area????

Snarky Snark Snark

messing from the looks of it but that could be quite good fun messing.

messing from the looks of it but that could be quite good fun messing.

i like to stay away from that 3 area , id say if he was playing as faithless , ep would be plugging it alot more seeing as hes bigger than most acts there.. we shall see :)

Snarky Snark Snark

Aye, Faithless would be a headliner if playing, I cannot remember where the 3 area is, anyone?

Not far away from the main arena, where alot of noise bleed goes on, across from casa Bacardi as well

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Aye, Faithless would be a headliner if playing, I cannot remember where the 3 area is, anyone?

To the right to the main stage, theres a balcony there for "VIPs"

Snarky Snark Snark

Vain Idiotic Prats

Most likely this DJ play off will be timed to coincide with either the Massive Attack or Prodigy set, wouldn't be surprised anyway.

• Advertisement

Was this it or is it something else? If so...that explains a lot about it being a DJ “battle”

MsMojave wrote: »
    Was this it or is it something else? If so...that explains a lot about it being a DJ “battle”

Yes that's it, very disappointing to see faithless name linked with the festival and this all it to be :(

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

optogirl wrote: »
    have a couple of friends struggling to find tickets- hopefully that will change in the run up

Keep an eye on adverts and toutless

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

MsMojave wrote: »

I hope the skys look that good in 2 weeks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Oh how I wish he was playing with Faithless :(

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Dublin being in the All Ireland should help massively with this

Well I'm a Dublin fan and i'll be at EP. you'd best all watch out for me so. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14 conork12

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    Well I'm a Dublin fan and i'll be at EP. you'd best all watch out for me so. :P

Gonna bleedin wreck the gaf!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bemmet

Good stuff indeed.

I can see that there is lots of great stuff on the undercard, and that is definitely a good thing, but I have never been less excited for EP (after a bottle of wine with 16 days to go)

Could not agree more - excited to get to the weekend however there is not a single act that i am really dying to see . There are a number that i will go based on some spotify finding or suchlike ,but for me ,and many travelling with me this is the worst "headline " and sub headline list in memory .

I sense Waterford a coming down the tracks at speed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

bemmet wrote: »
    Could not agree more - excited to get to the weekend however there is not a single act that i am really dying to see . There are a number that i will go based on some spotify finding or suchlike ,but for me ,and many travelling with me this is the worst "headline " and sub headline list in memory .

I sense Waterford a coming down the tracks at speed

ditto.... but for the good vibe we hear about,
    i thought the line up for ATN was very underwhelming,
    i appreciate its their first year and its a smaller affair but still

i wonder what they have in store next year

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement