Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I've heard 56K modems with more rhythm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I've heard 56K modems with more rhythm

I don't even know what the fcuk that is. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I don't even know what the fcuk that is. :)

CFC007 wrote: »
    Haven’t seen it mentioned here Maxi Jazz from Faithless announced to headline Made by Music stage. Should pills crowd in.

Just go back a page. :)

Farewell Aretha Franklin, a legend you are, RIP :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Just go back a page. :)

Cfcoo7 where does it say he's headlining a stage? Just wondering as am a fan of the man... All I can see is he's doing some stupid dj battle thing, but don't see anything about headlining the stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Username44

When will volunteers be notified if theyve been accepted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

tonto123 wrote: »
    Cfcoo7 where does it say he's headlining a stage? Just wondering as am a fan of the man... All I can see is he's doing some stupid dj battle thing, but don't see anything about headlining the stage?
    that's all there is on that "stage" (very loosely used term tbh), various DJs playing tunes, as far as I can remember.
    he'll be doing the same, probably generic house and disco like most other DJs, maybe with a couple of Faithless tracks thrown in.
    I wouldn't be expecting much.

Username44 wrote: »
    When will volunteers be notified if theyve been accepted ?

You should get an email sometime this week hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

You should get an email sometime this week hopefully.

Just looking at the comments there is there anything to stop loads trying to volunteer and then just fecking off?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

kg703 wrote: »
    Just looking at the comments there is there anything to stop loads trying to volunteer and then just fecking off?

I know at some fests, you pay a bond beforehand which is refunded after you complete your agreed work. i.e., you pay the ticket price (or something similar), agree to 2/3 shifts and once those are done, your ticket price is refunded.

Not sure if it works like that at EP - but there's some regular volunteers on here who would be able to clear it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

€250 deposit and if you do you'll be blacklisted
    If they catch you they will remove your wristband

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

You pay money to volunteer and get it back after the festival if u have behaved properly and not went missing

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

There’s been more news about the Made By Music thing...maybe it will be different to the usual hut after all.

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/made-music-connect-fans-ultimate-electric-picnic-experience

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

MsMojave wrote: »
    There’s been more news about the Made By Music thing...maybe it will be different to the usual hut after all.

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/made-music-connect-fans-ultimate-electric-picnic-experience

is that the stage beside logic and the just eat area, where all the stage's sound bleed into each other and end up being an aural assault?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

d_levins wrote: »
    is that the stage beside logic and the just eat area, where all the stage's sound bleed into each other and end up being an aural assault?

I tend to block Logic out so I’m not sure. The tweet about it described it as having an “interactive club”

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Just picked up a 24000 Mah power bank charger on Adverts for 35 quid, should keep me ticking over the weekend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 wes16586

I was told by a mate a few weeks back that if staying in Pink Moon its possible to pre order cans and they are left in your tent when you arrive. I can't seem to find any info on the Pink Moon website though. Has anyone used the service before? It will save carting a tray of beers on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

No I have not seen the offer of cans being available in Pink Moon either this year or last year. It would make things so much easier.
    Personally I prefer a g n t.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭endainoz

Never heard of it before, hardly a good idea leaving cans in a warm tent especially if someone is given your tent by mistake and gets your cans

• Advertisement

I think you have to go to the one in the Hendrix campsite, that is the only official off licence on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

wes16586 wrote: »
    I was told by a mate a few weeks back that if staying in Pink Moon its possible to pre order cans and they are left in your tent when you arrive. I can't seem to find any info on the Pink Moon website though. Has anyone used the service before? It will save carting a tray of beers on the bus.

Never seen that, you can pre order in the off licence but they normally cost a good bit more than usual

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Cans in your tent? Never heard of this. If you’re staying in Pink Moon, don’t get your cans from the on-site off license in Hendrix. It’s a long walk from pink moon and back again with a heavy load. You’d be better off carrying them from your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

I think you have to go to the one in the Hendrix campsite, that is the only official off licence on the site.

And it's a complete rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

3 misses a trick not asking Maxim Reality to be the one DJ Battling Maxi Jazz.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 wes16586

Cheers everyone. I wanted to double check before I stock up. Theres a deal at the moment in Tesco. 24 Heineken for 30 quid. :D

wes16586 wrote: »
    Cheers everyone. I wanted to double check before I stock up. Theres a deal at the moment in Tesco. 24 Heineken for 30 quid. :D

Even that's pricey, I got 24 Heineken for 24 last week is super value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Even that's pricey, I got 24 Heineken for 24 last week is super value

Pfft, 2 slabs for €40 in dunnes 2 weeks ago.

Poorside wrote: »
    Pfft, 2 slabs for €40 in dunnes 2 weeks ago.

I was absent for that offer. 2 slabs is too much for me, one slab, few crafties, small buideal of warm up juice for night caps. Few beverages inside during the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Cans in your tent? Never heard of this. If you’re staying in Pink Moon, don’t get your cans from the on-site off license in Hendrix. It’s a long walk from pink moon and back again with a heavy load. You’d be better off carrying them from your car.

Would Stradbally shops not be as close to Pink Moon as the Hendrix Heineken off-licence? And a better choice of cold beers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement