Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Would Stradbally shops not be as close to Pink Moon as the Hendrix Heineken off-licence? And a better choice of cold beers.

True, then you can use the emptied rucksack and fill it full of cans.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Is it sixty Euro the Hendrix off licence charges a slab, stupid money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Today fm have a stage this year, Ed Smith DJ set could be good and Dermot and Dave karaoke could be a good laugh.

Poorside wrote: »
    Today fm have a stage this year, Ed Smith DJ set could be good and Dermot and Dave karaoke could be a good laugh.

Jesus. what next, will each block of toilets get their own DJ and booth. :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

No I have not seen the offer of cans being available in Pink Moon either this year or last year. It would make things so much easier.
    Personally I prefer a g n t.

With no Ice 😦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Poorside wrote:

They had one last year too, it was good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Just picked up a 24000 Mah power bank charger on Adverts for 35 quid, should keep me ticking over the weekend ?

Should be the job, I picked up a 28k today myself with Q3 fast charging, I had the 20k but someone nicked it off my son at scout camp, is there any honour left in the world!? Scout thieves!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

nc6000 wrote: »
    They had one last year too, it was good fun.

Yeah was going to say I saw it last year and maybe in previous years too, it was close enough to the Just Eat area last year. Hate the areas like logic, elites, 3 etc. but the Today FM area is actually good craic in fairness, went in for 30 mins last year and they were playing good tunes and everyone singing at the top of their lungs. Same with their little tent at Longitude any time I've gone as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

This time two weeks I'll be driving to Stradbally, and after the week I've had, I cannot wait! 3 days on the piss is just what the doctor ordered...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

This time two weeks I'll be driving to Stradbally, and after the week I've had, I cannot wait! 3 days on the piss is just what the doctor ordered...

That doctor should probably be struck off, grossly negligent advice at best.

• Advertisement

Easy Rod wrote: »
    That doctor should probably be struck off, grossly negligent advice at best.

I never said it was a medical doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

One of those lads with an honorary doctorate then, like Dr Dre?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Coz

ATN 2019 tickets on sale on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Coz wrote: »
    ATN 2019 tickets on sale on Monday

Where did you see this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

dmm82 wrote: »
    Where did you see this?

They just posted this on Facebook.
    Something kind of wonderful...we take a look back at some our maiden voyage! An inspiring atmosphere, where people were respectful of each other, the beautiful landscape and wonderful performers.

We now have the privilege of getting back to work on the second edition of All Together Now, which will again take place on the August Bank Holiday Weekend 2-4 2019

We are delighted to announce that tickets for 2019 will go on general sale at 9 AM Monday, 20 August via Ticketmaster Ireland & Usual Outlets. All Together Now again will be strictly over 21s. Children between the ages of 12 and under can attend free of charge, accompanied by a parent with a family ticket.

2019 TICKETS
    General Weekend Tickets priced from €179.50
    Family Weekend Tickets priced from €179.50

2019 INSTALMENT TICKETS
    We are delighted to announce a new six series instalment plan. Meaning you can get yourself a General or Family Weekend Ticket to All Together Now and spread the cost across six months. General & Family Weekend Tickets priced - €33.25 per month for 6 months.

2019 CAMPERVAN PASSES
    General Campervans - €70.00
    Family Campervans - €70.00

2019 PRE-SALE TICKETS
    The Loyalty Pre-Sale allows those who attended All Together Now 2018 a chance to avail of Early Bird ticket prices and Campervan Tickets ahead of general sale next Monday.

Pre-sale for Loyalty Customers & Members’ opens this morning - 9 AM Friday, 17 August. This pre-sale will end 9am Monday, 20 August. Tickets are available on a first come first served basis. For loyalty customers please ensure you’re signed up to receive marketing emails from Ticketmaster or are an All Together Now Member.

Huge thanks must go to Collective Dublin & Aerial.ie for capturing the weekend. www.alltogethernow.ie #ATN19

BadTurtle wrote: »
    One of those lads with an honorary doctorate then, like Dr Dre?

Or Dr Ciara Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I’ll be waking up in Stradbally, contemplating can or wait until the others arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

180 'loyalty' 'pre-sale' ATN tickets. 200 if you're paying instalment. Very disappointing. Win the goodwill from the older EP crowd, then hand it right back. Unless money is no object, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 conork12

Has anyone got a link for Podpads/Pink Moon Early Entry Passes? I've been told we need them on top of the EP early entry add on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

conork12 wrote: »
    Has anyone got a link for Podpads/Pink Moon Early Entry Passes? I've been told we need them on top of the EP early entry add on

First one on the page below

http://www.pinkmooncamping.co.uk/webpage.asp?menuitemcode=123&main=yes&mainmenu=Main+Products+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

adverts is infuriating trying to source tickets, every time you get in first with an offer of the asking price for tickets
    a few fools start posting they'll offer more than the asking which results in the thread getting shut down by the mods.
    are people that desperate at this stage to be offering people €400 for a €250 ticket?

I have a pink moon tent but no ticket so starting to get worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

showpony1 wrote: »
    adverts is infuriating trying to source tickets, every time you get in first with an offer of the asking price for tickets
    a few fools start posting they'll offer more than the asking which results in the thread getting shut down by the mods.
    are people that desperate at this stage to be offering people €400 for a €250 ticket?

Just wait a week or so, or try toutless

Snarky Snark Snark

showpony1 wrote: »

I have a pink moon tent but no ticket so starting to get worried!

check your PMs

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mistertrixy

Lads the absolute snobbery of people in here worrying about 'skangers' ruining their weekend and being in attendance to see KL and Prodigy.....get over yourselves lads, everyone is entitled to enjoy music and festivals even if they're not a mirror image of you and your friends.

Snarky Snark Snark

Lads the absolute snobbery of people in here worrying about 'skangers' ruining their weekend and being in attendance to see KL and Prodigy.....get over yourselves lads, everyone is entitled to enjoy music and festivals even if they're not a mirror image of you and your friends.

I think you misunderstand what we mean by skangers, this is not a socioeconomic distinction, this is the sort of drunken coked up fcukwit that will barge in, start fights and annoy the living fcuk out of everyone else there trying to have a good time.

Jog on.

kthxbai.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I think you misunderstand what we mean by skangers, this is not a socioeconomic distinction, this is the sort of drunken coked up fcukwit that will barge in, start fights and annoy the living fcuk out of everyone else there trying to have a good time.

Jog on.

kthxbai.

In fairness, while it is not a socioeconomic distinction, there is a huge amount of musical snobbery goes on in here. You might be talking about coked up fwits but lots of the chat is just plain and simple about how crap the music and a belief that everyone who likes a certain genre of music is a skanger or a pill head etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Yes my definition of "skangers" is the little BITXX who punched me in the face at James Bay 2016 - I being a middle aged woman, totally sober - trying to enjoy the music whilst her and her non Socio Economic issues "Designer Tan/Clothes/Extensions and Drunken Drugged up friends" kept pushing us and standing on us (plenty of space around us at the time).

So Skangers are those that ruin it for everyone else - why should their being off their tree destroy everyone else's fun...………….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

In fairness, while it is not a socioeconomic distinction, there is a huge amount of musical snobbery goes on in here. You might be talking about coked up fwits but lots of the chat is just plain and simple about how crap the music and a belief that everyone who likes a certain genre of music is a skanger or a pill head etc.

I don’t think that’s true. You can’t ignore that certain types of music draws certain types of people. I only had to peep in the history of hip hop tent to see that. Slayer would draw more metallers, Avicci would draw more knobs. People take pills who are in their 40s with kids and big houses. Businessmen are the worst I’ve seen for getting coked out of their minds. There are generalisations going to be made

• Registered Users Posts: 8,837 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Those of us who can remember the last few years of Oxegen (shudders) know all too well the problems that the "skangers" can bring.

Having to sit up all night on Sunday because little scrotes are setting fire to tents; arriving back one night to find some prick in our tent looking through our bags; a girl in tent next to us waking up to find someone had sliced through the side of her tent and stolen her handbag.

One of the joys of EP used be that it didn't attract too many of these type of scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 mistertrixy

blackwhite wrote: »
    Those of us who can remember the last few years of Oxegen (shudders) know all too well the problems that the "skangers" can bring.

Having to sit up all night on Sunday because little scrotes are setting fire to tents; arriving back one night to find some prick in our tent looking through our bags; a girl in tent next to us waking up to find someone had sliced through the side of her tent and stolen her handbag.

One of the joys of EP used be that it didn't attract too many of these type of scumbags.

I remember the last years of Oxegen very well....my decision to stop going was due to seeing someone being stabbed so I understand peoples concerns.
    But the attitude of some people on here that if you are into Hip Hop or Dance acts you're automatically a skanger is music snobbery at its finest.
    Also, things have changed a lot since Oxegen, You'd be more likely to have some fella wearing a River Island shirt who listens to Mumford and Sons throw you a dig these days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement