Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

kg703 wrote: »
    In fairness, while it is not a socioeconomic distinction, there is a huge amount of musical snobbery goes on in here.  You might be talking about coked up fwits but lots of the chat is just plain and simple about how crap the music and a belief that everyone who likes a certain genre of music is a skanger or a pill head etc.

I don’t think that’s true. You can’t ignore that certain types of music draws certain types of people. I only had to peep in the history of hip hop tent to see that. Slayer would draw more metallers, Avicci would draw more knobs. People take pills who are in their 40s with kids and big houses. Businessmen are the worst I’ve seen for getting coked out of their minds. There are generalisations going to be made
    Don't think Avicci is drawing anything these days

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

In fairness, while it is not a socioeconomic distinction, there is a huge amount of musical snobbery goes on in here. You might be talking about coked up fwits but lots of the chat is just plain and simple about how crap the music and a belief that everyone who likes a certain genre of music is a skanger or a pill head etc.

Couldn't agree more. Nothing more infuriating than being put in a box by people you've never met, with people you're nothing like, because you like a certain musical act or genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Ah in fairness there aren't that many 'scumbags' at Electric Picnic still I wouldn't think, there are a few of course which is bound to happen with 50,000+ attending but I have rarely felt like someone is actively looking to start trouble. People pushing through crowds to get to the front or who have overdone it on drink/drugs there are plenty, but I wouldn't call these people scumbags!

It is still nowhere near the crowd that used to turn up at Oxegen thankfully. Or maybe Pink Moon the last two years has sheltered me..

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

Judes wrote: »
    Yes my definition of "skangers" is the little BITXX who punched me in the face at James Bay 2016 - I being a middle aged woman, totally sober - trying to enjoy the music whilst her and her non Socio Economic issues "Designer Tan/Clothes/Extensions and Drunken Drugged up friends" kept pushing us and standing on us (plenty of space around us at the time).

So Skangers are those that ruin it for everyone else - why should their being off their tree destroy everyone else's fun...………….

Agree with this, its the people who are there to get out of there mind (which i have no problem with). but do it with No regard for other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Ah in fairness there aren't that many 'scumbags' at Electric Picnic still I wouldn't think, there are a few of course which is bound to happen with 50,000+ attending but I have rarely felt like someone is actively looking to start trouble. People pushing through crowds to get to the front or who have overdone it on drink/drugs there are plenty, but I wouldn't call these people scumbags!

It is still nowhere near the crowd that used to turn up at Oxegen thankfully. Or maybe Pink Moon the last two years has sheltered me..

I think there's a lot, but i don't think they ever leave the Hendrix campsite so don't affect anyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Sure a fight can break out at any event no matter who is on stage. I worked with a guy who got into a fight at a Roxette gig, I still don't know how that could happen but it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

haitens wrote: »
    Sure a fight can break out at any event no matter who is on stage. I worked with a guy who got into a fight at a Roxette gig, I still don't know how that could happen but it did.

he obviously was dressed for success but got on the wrong joyride and then it all went Crash! Boom! Bang!

i'll get me coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

I was at Kendrick at Longitude in 2016 and can confirm that the only uncomfortable thing was pasty Irish ones rapping the n word. The crowd was grand. I wasn’t right up front though.

Getting back to more pressing matters, did some digging and saw SEVDALIZA has Saturday listed on her Facebook. Really wary of clashing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

haitens wrote: »

Rushing for the exit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

he obviously was dressed for success but got on the wrong joyride and then it all went Crash! Boom! Bang!

i'll get me coat.

I am assuming these are all Roxette references, in which case you your knowledge concerns me (musical snob clearly).

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

I am assuming these are all Roxette references, in which case you your knowledge concerns me (musical snob clearly).

They are but only two were from memory and the third was pulled from everyhit.com when I went looking to pad it out. Not that it makes it any better but I do have a deep and abiding love for 80’s cheese.

(That site though is the dogs bollocks for killing music fights quickly)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

Heather Small (M people) on the throwback stage,
    yawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

yawn!

Snob

Poorside wrote: »
    Snob

:D:D

Heather Small (M people) on the throwup stage,
    yawn!

Fixed your post..

been watching/listening to Scarlxrd,
    holy shiiit, face melted (in a good way)
    Have to drop by and see him, wonder if the crowd will be nuts or
    just bemused and frightened!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

yawn!

Saw her at Groove festival earlier in the summer and she was good craic (M People have a surprising amount of hits).

Perfect act for that stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Kettle316 wrote: »
    Saw her at Groove festival earlier in the summer and she was good craic (M People have a surprising amount of hits).

Perfect act for that stage!

for sure - great voice and still credible.

Unlike b*witched! (Which I will probably be at due to my missus going to it)

Snarky Snark Snark

for sure - great voice and still credible.

Unlike b*witched! (Which I will probably be at due to my missus going to it)

As Elbow sang last year
    "I've been working on a cocktail called grounds for divorce"

she has a great voice for sure, and will be surprisingly popular no doubt on the day.

Just not my cuppa at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

everlast75 wrote: »
    she has a great voice for sure, and will be surprisingly popular no doubt on the day.

Just not my cuppa at all

I could never stand her voice ... nice hair though.

disclaimer: snob

Snarky Snark Snark

Always found her singin a little shouty

disclaimer : musical slut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

been watching/listening to Scarlxrd,
    holy shiiit, face melted (in a good way)
    Have to drop by and see him, wonder if the crowd will be nuts or
    just bemused and frightened!

yeah hes one angry chappie :) .... quite like his stuff though....
    I might bring the wife to him and tell her hes easy listening music... just to see her face :)

The lake swimming is back this year... dont forget the togs people!

jobless wrote: »
    The lake swimming is back this year... dont forget the togs people!

Herpes soup

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

Wish they would stop running ads. I don’t care anymore if they have some secret announcement because it’s all been dragged out too much.

Going to crack up if I see that Made By Music/Maxi Jazz sponsored tweet by Three Ireland one more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Herpes soup

ew

Herpes soup

not if you stay away :pac:

Snarky Snark Snark

Herpes soup

think that's the hot tubs or are they a legionnaires lolipop?

Either way, few dead sheep and ponies will flavour it up, be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Where was the Heather small announcement online guys? Can't find it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement