Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

tonto123 wrote: »
    Where was the Heather small announcement online guys? Can't find it

I heard it on today FM news, she's on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

jobless wrote: »
    The lake swimming is back this year... dont forget the togs people!

I wasn't there last year but they changed the access to the Soul Kids area in 2016 because of the lake swimming, you had to go all the way around the lake. Which was a pain in the hole because it was so muddy. Does anybody that stays in the family camping know if they changed it back last year?

Also, did they fix the gravel track through the church/school(?) grounds

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dansan7

Deals have small power banks for 1.50. I brought three last year but only used one and a bit. Obviously not lads you’d use long term but a handy cheap option for the budget last minute supplier!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Really thought we might have gotten a mini/surprise few additional acts today. Disappointed with the total lack of a nostalgic act such as a Madness/ABC/Simple Minds type that we had plenty of over the years..
    None of the names on the top of the card appeal to me but I’ve still found loads in the sub-headliners and beyond.

Chvrches, Cigarettes After Sex, Wolf Alice, Columbia Mills, Wyvern Lingo and St. Vincent all must see for me.

The Lost Brothers were very good at ATN as were WhenYoung so hoping to catch them again. Also loving the sound of Orchid Collective and Wild Youth..

Nothing to be done now except wait for the stage breakdown and pray for not clashes…..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Really thought we might have gotten a mini/surprise few additional acts today. Disappointed with the total lack of a nostalgic act such as a Madness/ABC/Simple Minds type that we had plenty of over the years..
    None of the names on the top of the card appeal to me but I’ve still found loads in the sub-headliners and beyond.

Chvrches, Cigarettes After Sex, Wolf Alice, Columbia Mills, Wyvern Lingo and St. Vincent all must see for me.

The Lost Brothers were very good at ATN as were WhenYoung so hoping to catch them again. Also loving the sound of Orchid Collective and Wild Youth..

Nothing to be done now except wait for the stage breakdown and pray for not clashes…..

I'm still anticipating a small announcement. Dublin Gospel Choir/Trinity Orchestra are conspicuous by their absence. Perhaps next Friday as a final announcement before we start getting stages/times.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

BigMo1 wrote: »
    I'm still anticipating a small announcement. Dublin Gospel Choir/Trinity Orchestra are conspicuous by their absence. Perhaps next Friday as a final announcement before we start getting stages/times.

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/line-up/artist/dublin-gospel-choir
    Dublin Gospel Choir are already there. I wouldn't be expecting anything else at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

eplady2017 wrote: »

Very Strange Simple Minds have done a European tour and no Irish gig, don’t give up yet 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Nugget89 wrote: »
    https://www.electricpicnic.ie/line-up/artist/dublin-gospel-choir
    Dublin Gospel Choir are already there. I wouldn't be expecting anything else at this stage.

So they are. That looks like it in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

BigMo1 wrote: »
    So they are. That looks like it in that case.

Aretha Franklin tribute no doubt the Bowie one was class the year they did it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

davew121 wrote: »
    Aretha Franklin tribute no doubt the Bowie one was class the year they did it...

Was it not trinity orchestra that did bowie (Hozier sang one song if I remember correctly) whoever it was brilliant. Think too short notice for Aretha

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭bergipau

Mucker46 wrote: »
    davew121 wrote: »

Was it not trinity orchestra that did bowie (Hozier sang one song if I remember correctly) whoever it was brilliant. Think too short notice for Aretha

There was a Bowie tribute in the woods on the Saturday night 2016, it was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Hoziér will surely be there if playing academy the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

showpony1 wrote: »
    Hoziér will surely be there if playing academy the next day

For once, i'd actually agree, it's a good bet that he would be somewhere in the mix if there's to be a final announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

For once, i'd actually agree, it's a good bet that he would be somewhere in the mix if there's to be a final announcement.

A special guest with Kendrick Lamar...

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

So when do the set times and all that stuff come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

So when do the set times and all that stuff come out?

Week of, by the sounds of it

Snarky Snark Snark

A special guest with Kendrick Lamar...

Sleaford Mods Shirley?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Sleaford Mods Shirley?

Don't call me Shirley!

Seriously though. Could Hozier be one of the unnamed acts they talked about on Salty Dog? Maybe thats a bit small for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Hozier'll probably be a surprise special guest.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

If he was to pop up as a guest for someone, Mavis Staples could be a good fit

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Why would you add bewitched? Who wants to hear that ****e?

Snarky Snark Snark

declanleo wrote: »
    Why would you add bewitched? Who wants to hear that ****e?

They probably don't cost much and are likely considered a nostalgia act for ladies of a certain age...

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

They probably don't cost much and are likely considered a nostalgia act for ladies of a certain age...

I meant to Spotify lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

dansan7 wrote: »
    Deals have small power banks for 1.50. I brought three last year but only used one and a bit. Obviously not lads you’d use long term but a handy cheap option for the budget last minute supplier!

What phone do you have? Would one of these charge an iphone 7 once? If they do its a bargain

Snarky Snark Snark

declanleo wrote: »
    I meant to Spotify lol

ah, he was probably too busy double clicking on pictures of them when the spotify window was open

Snarky Snark Snark

any one after charge banks, groupon had an advert for slim 20,000 jobbies today, who knows how quick they'd ship though

(i've my 20,000 and 15,000 Ankers and that's all that matters)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭leroythelegend

The site map is up on the app...getting closer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

The site map is up on the app...getting closer

Not on the iPhone one yet, bloody cheek.

There it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

A Moretti bar, and an Applemans cider bar, that’s a nice little bonus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement