Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Poorside wrote: »
    A Moretti bar, and an Applemans cider bar, that’s a nice little bonus.

Sounds expensive

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Apeplemans is the blandest cider I've ever tasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭LowOdour

2 things jump out about the map.
    A bar up between Comedy tent and Minefield. That is a good idea.

Also, no Newstalk tent? What is that about I wonder.... anything to do with the Irish Times presence at the festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Can someone post a pic please?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭leroythelegend

Here you go!

• Advertisement

Here you go!

Eco campsite looks massive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Apeplemans is the blandest cider I've ever tasted.

Better than that Orchard theives sîte.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

LowOdour wrote: »
    2 things jump out about the map.
    A bar up between Comedy tent and Minefield. That is a good idea.

Also, no Newstalk tent? What is that about I wonder.... anything to do with the Irish Times presence at the festival?
    Is the Newtalk tent not part of Minefield area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Most cider is grim to be fair. Especially after the first sip of your second pint.

No sign of the bold motel either.

• Advertisement

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Most cider is grim to be fair. Especially after the first sip of your second pint.

Snob.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Folks, fed up Hendrix veteran here(it's never been my choice) where is the most chilled/quiet campsite thats not a a premium one? I'm considering camping separate to the rest...to actually rest.

Also buzzing for this year, some of the much smaller Irish bands and djs are hugely talented. I know the line up gets stick for marquee stuff but if you look hard enough you'll have a very busy weekend of quality acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭LowOdour

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Is the Newtalk tent not part of Minefield area

It was in that area, but I thought I remembered them having their own marker/logo on the map the last few years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Snob.

That's Snrub actually. Mr Snrub to you. And I come from some place...far away.

Yes, that will do.

Toobz wrote: »
    Folks, fed up Hendrix veteran here(it's never been my choice) where is the most chilled/quiet campsite thats not a a premium one? I'm considering camping separate to the rest...to actually rest.

Also buzzing for this year, some of the much smaller Irish bands and djs are hugely talented. I know the line up gets stick for marquee stuff but if you look hard enough you'll have a very busy weekend of quality acts.

Charlie Chaplin or Janis Joplin. Im in Eco again, but I think that's booked out... Was great last year for sleeping

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Just noticed Neil Flynn playing in B&S, niiiiiiice. I was hoping he'd pop up there since he played the B&S festival this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Hear hear orchard thieves is sh**te. had a good few applemans at gorillaz went down ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Toobz wrote: »

Been up the back of Joplin the last 4years. I like my sleep,the silence is bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Chvrches playing Sunday according to their website

Worst cider I've ever had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

I’ve gotta object to the claims that ‘drugged up’ and ‘off their faces’ folk are the ones that start trouble. That’s nonsense. Folk on pills or stoned are harmless huggers. Ket heads are barely conscious. They’re not the ones robbing tents or punching people. Alcohol is the aggressive drug in my experience. Maybe a bit of coke contributes to aggression too.

PinkCamper wrote: »
    I’ve gotta object to the claims that ‘drugged up’ and ‘off their faces’ folk are the ones that start trouble. That’s nonsense. Folk on pills or stoned are harmless huggers. Ket heads are barely conscious. They’re not the ones robbing tents or punching people. Alcohol is the aggressive drug in my experience. Maybe a bit of coke contributes to aggression too.

What PC said. Pill heads just wanna hug ya and burn the ears off ya

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Am I right in not seeing where the main showers are located on the App Map? Can’t see them anywhere around Hendrix.

Also interesting that Tesco look to have picked up the contract for the festival shop and multiple locations. That should help with the queues, and maybe not getting absolutely fleeced for a bag of ice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Charlie wrote: »
    Am I right in not seeing where the main showers are located on the App Map? Can’t see them anywhere around Hendrix.

Also interesting that Tesco look to have picked up the contract for the festival shop and multiple locations. That should help with the queues, and maybe not getting absolutely fleeced for a bag of ice!

they're the Nivea icon in Hendrix.

What's the Aussie music box?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Reded

declanleo wrote: »
    What's the Aussie music box?

It’s the shampoo brand - pop up hair care with djs to keep your locks looking festival ready 🙄😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

declanleo wrote: »
    Why would you add bewitched? Who wants to hear that ****e?

It’s for completeness. Besides a lot of Kendrick fans love the DD

Reded wrote: »
    It’s the shampoo brand - pop up hair care with djs to keep your locks looking festival ready 🙄😂

Ah ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Charlie wrote: »

They have promised "regular Tesco prices" on Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Estelle Costanza

Size of the eco camp! Is there any chance there'll be more than one entrance to it? I'm thinking I'll want to camp near the back, but would be a pain having to loop out round the top and down to Joplin for water etc.

Also it says the Tesco in joplin is click and collect, anyone know how to go about ordering?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement