Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

haitens wrote: »
    They have promised "regular Tesco prices" on Twitter.

Hoping for those 26 cent crackers

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Size of the eco camp! Is there any chance there'll be more than one entrance to it? I'm thinking I'll want to camp near the back, but would be a pain having to loop out round the top and down to Joplin for water etc.

Also it says the Tesco in joplin is click and collect, anyone know how to go about ordering?

One of the promises of ECO is it's security, if you increase the number of entrances, you lose some measure of security.
    I'm surprised at the size of the site too, but I'm more worried about the noise bleed from Anachronica.

Also, there's water in Chaplin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Estelle Costanza

Ah yeah of course, didn't even notice that.

I'm worried about anachronica too. But where we usually camp near the back of eco is ok noise wise, as long as you have ear plugs. Looking at this new map, if we aim for the bottom left (but not too close to the toilets) it's about the same distance away from the rave as our old eco spot.

Could probably afford to camp a bit closer to the loowatts than you would portaloos too, there was absolutely no smell from them last year.

Ah yeah of course, didn't even notice that.

I'm worried about anachronica too. But where we usually camp near the back of eco is ok noise wise, as long as you have ear plugs. Looking at this new map, if we aim for the bottom left (but not too close to the toilets) it's about the same distance away from the rave as our old eco spot.

Could probably afford to camp a bit closer to the loowatts than you would portaloos too, there was absolutely no smell from them last year.

Ya, the Eco site is probably the best when it comes to camping near toilets/fences. I'll be over that direction too, I like my 4/5 hours at a festival. Getting there nice and early Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Estelle Costanza

We'll be there for gates opening 4pm on Thursday. Gluttons for punishment. Be interesting to see how the saplings affect the spacing. Can see it being a lot more roomy between tents, but not so fun at night trying to avoid them.

• Advertisement

We'll be there for gates opening 4pm on Thursday. Gluttons for punishment. Be interesting to see how the saplings affect the spacing. Can see it being a lot more roomy between tents, but not so fun at night trying to avoid them.

Does Eco allow you in before Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

13 sleeps Ladies & Germs & Music Snobs

Almost on the home stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

13 sleeps Ladies & Germs & Music Snobs

Almost on the home stretch.

Looking at the map there has gotten me so excited even though it’s the same flippen thing every year

Gonna spend the weekend now investigating the line up properly. Cheers to everyone for the recommendations

Fun fact for today..Nina kravitz used to be a dentist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

That Neptunes melody NERD are playing looks savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭taramurf

Just reading through the FAQs on page 1 and noticed this gem:

Q - Why is the line up crap?
    A - Because you are a child.

Does the mod think in light of recent lineup announcements that it should be edited to:

A - Because you are old.

?????!!!

Bought our early bird tickets to ATN yesterday and very excited about pastures new. This sadly is going to be our last EP. Going to make the most of it obvs but there’s deffo a bitter taste in our mouths. Rubbish line up, more sh*te sponsors and I feel they’re expanded too much in terms of capacity over the past couple of years without upping the quality of acts. EP just maximising profits and changing the vibe completely. Farewell my old friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

taramurf wrote: »

Does the mod think in light of recent lineup announcements that it should be edited to:

A - Because you are old.

?????!!!

Bought our early bird tickets to ATN yesterday and very excited about pastures new. This sadly is going to be our last EP. Going to make the most of it obvs but there’s deffo a bitter taste in our mouths. Rubbish line up, more sh*te sponsors and I feel they’re expanded too much in terms of capacity over the past couple of years without upping the quality of acts. EP just maximising profits and changing the vibe completely. Farewell my old friend.

Snap.. Tickets for ATN bought (really enjoyed it this year).. Last EP so I'm looking forward to bidding farewell in style..

taramurf wrote: »

A - Because you are old.

?????!!!

Can't please all the people all the time. Most diverse line up in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

Got a powerbank in Penneys (4000 mAh) which does two full charges. Probably won’t use it since I don’t camp but it has a flashlight on it. Didn’t realise until I took it out of the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Can't please all the people all the time. Most diverse line up in years.

Exactly, please don't go if ye are jus going to whine all weekend about days gone by, the early picnics I went too were pill fests so get over the whole how it was holyier than thú back in the day thing... As for sponsorships jesus I'd never leave the house if I was worried about sponsors ruining everything, sure why not stop watching the premiership because of the sponsorship everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Neil Young tribute, Harvest plaing Trailer Park Friday evening 5.55.

Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

thebusher wrote: »

Lovely.

Missed them last time are they good?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Missed them last time are they good?

Excellent start to the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

It’s usually about this time of the year when someone highlights how many acts have been on the line up the last few years and states we are 10 to 15 acts shy this year. Is this the case this year?

Are we expecting a third and final line-up announcement or are EP happy to let ATN early bird tickets be the chatter for the final 2 weeks lead up to the big day??? Hmmmmm 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Snap.. Tickets for ATN bought (really enjoyed it this year).. Last EP so I'm looking forward to bidding farewell in style..

Yea same, reports from atn seem v promising. Gonna aim for that next year instead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

It’s usually about this time of the year when someone highlights how many acts have been on the line up the last few years and states we are 10 to 15 acts shy this year. Is this the case this year?

Are we expecting a third and final line-up announcement or are EP happy to let ATN early bird tickets be the chatter for the final 2 weeks lead up to the big day??? Hmmmmm ��

The fact that the last announcement said final would suggest all we are getting from now on are special guests on Jerry Fish or Salty dog.

In terms of chatter around ATN, I wouldnt over play that. Us 0ver 40s are rethinking our plans for next year - but the vibe about the EP line up is very strong. The demand on adverts on toutless is really strong and the media coverage of the gig is stronger than ever.
    When ATN launched they said they were aiming for the people that had outgrown other festivals (EP). Well they have aimed well. EP will not mourn our loss terribly, because there are plenty of youngsters coming along to take our place. They just arent all on Boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Lovely.

They were superb last year. A perfect start to my Picnic. Will be there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Roadhouse doors followed by harvest sounds like the start of my ep then

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Roadhouse doors followed by harvest sounds like the start of my ep then

Yep mine too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Lovely.
    Ah great. Loved them last year. Trailer Park in the sun full of oul lads beaming at each other. Didn't see them on the Trailer Park announcement and was very disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Lovely.
    Ah great. Loved them last year. Trailer Park in the sun full of oul lads beaming at each other. Didn't see them on the Trailer Park announcement and was very disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Somebody posted an image of a great checklist for what to bring to EP last year. But I can't find it on my phone now. Anybody else remember it or still have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Beekay wrote: »
    Somebody posted an image of a great checklist for what to bring to EP last year. But I can't find it on my phone now. Anybody else remember it or still have it?

Have a visit to page 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

kg703 wrote: »
    Have a visit to page 1!

Indeed. The first post contains two lists

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MatchaPeekaboo

Time to start stocking up on cans! Anyone seen some good deals, beer or cider?

• Advertisement

Time to start stocking up on cans! Anyone seen some good deals, beer or cider?

Tesco have brewdog 4 for 10 quid. Good few craft offers along those lines around.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement