Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Anywhere doing deals on cans of Kopparberg? Everywhere around just seems to be doing bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Raekwondo wrote: »
    Anywhere doing deals on cans of Kopparberg? Everywhere around just seems to be doing bottles.

Is there anywhere that it says you can’t bring mini kegs? Koppaberg do mini kegs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057168220/1

Good thread if you’re looking for booze bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Poorside wrote: »
    Is there anywhere that it says you can’t bring mini kegs? Koppaberg do mini kegs.

That's a good shout actually. See no reason why they wouldn't, its not glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

Raekwondo wrote: »

Can strongbow + dash of concentrated cordial = Kopparberg. close enough anyhow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Anyone got the link to the mother djs Spotify playlist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Can strongbow + dash of concentrated cordial = Kopparberg. close enough anyhow

Or a can of orchard thieves, a bag of sugar and you get the correct flavour by dumping in a corresponding petit filous yoghurt.

some decent country..

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

I wouldn't.. it might crack the can when it expands.

But it might not, stick one in a plastic bag and pop in the freezer to test.

Accidentally left them in the freezer a few times and they did crack every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭the_gommes

I’d love to bring some sours for the breakfast, but I’d get an awful time if I did.

I’m in for a world of abuse from my co-campers. I’ve about 50cans of various craft beers gathered over the past 2 months, lots of lovely sours for the morning cans & heavier stuff for later in the day. Nipped into the north to get some brewdog, Tesco in Derry were doing 15 can packs for £12!

Also managed to get a mini keg of Kolsch from northbound brewery in Derry, that’ll be the 1st thing polished off on Thursday evening.

I’m going with my brother & I can fully guarantee he’ll rock up with his 20 cans of Galahad & be straight away “swap you for one?” :pac:

the_gommes wrote: »
    I’m in for a world of abuse from my co-campers. I’ve about 50cans of various craft beers gathered over the past 2 months, lots of lovely sours for the morning cans & heavier stuff for later in the day. Nipped into the north to get some brewdog, Tesco in Derry were doing 15 can packs for £12!

Also managed to get a mini keg of Kolsch from northbound brewery in Derry, that’ll be the 1st thing polished off on Thursday evening.

I’m going with my brother & I can fully guarantee he’ll rock up with his 20 cans of Galahad & be straight away “swap you for one?” :pac:

Hop one off his head, the more I think about a mini keg the more I want to bring one, just need to see if there’s any decent ones out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

He'd get a two word response from me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

He'd get a two word response from me

Here, buddy.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Here, buddy.

Think less letters and less syllables.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I'm getting really excited now. I think the absence of a 70s/80s act is a mistake, but the main headliners (bar Picture This) complement each other great.

I haven't been following the thread - do we know who's playing Fri/Sat/Sun yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Went through the entire line up this weekend properly

I still think it’s missing electronic/dance compared to other years. Il be happy popping in and out of the slideshow disco though at Jerry fish

My must sees are below in no particular order
    Dua lipa...severe soft spot for be the one
    St Vincent
    Denis sulta,
    Friendly fires
    Dj koze
    Jungle
    Mall grab
    Peggy gou
    Sigrid
    The blaze
    Wild youth
    Krystal Klear
    Wyvern lingo
    Daithi
    David Kitt
    Soule
    Kelly Anne Byrne
    Dublin gospel choir...any newbies I urge ye to get up and make it in for them on Sunday 1pm.

The thing about the above is I’ve no must sees...I’d like to see the above but If I don’t i won’t really mind! Looking forward to exploring and spending more time in other areas this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I thought that said "healthier":pac:

Rfrip wrote: »

Dublin gospel choir...any newbies I urge ye to get up and make it in for them on Sunday 1pm.

You may get the shift too

erica74 wrote: »
    I thought that said "healthier":pac:

Ha ha, not quite! I tend to start the day with some semblance of class & a slight nod to my physical well-being, but that soon goes out the window I’m afraid!

• Advertisement

Hop one off his head, the more I think about a mini keg the more I want to bring one, just need to see if there’s any decent ones out there.

I found it near impossible to get a decent one in the south, but there’s a reasonable selection in the north. Sainsbury’s have the odd Adnams one in, but I was delighted to find the Northbound one, their beers are excellent.

I’ve brought mini kegs of cider with me before, no restriction on them at all. Glass is the only thing they’re worried about really. This was in the campervan site though, they may be a bit stricter in the main campsite?

I found it near impossible to get a decent one in the south, but there’s a reasonable selection in the north. Sainsbury’s have the odd Adnams one in, but I was delighted to find the Northbound one, their beers are excellent.

I’ve brought mini kegs of cider with me before, no restriction on them at all. Glass is the only thing they’re worried about really. This was in the campervan site though, they may be a bit stricter in the main campsite?

Love Adnams Ghost ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

The App has been updated with the map.

The App has been updated with the map.

2 days ago called, they want their news back.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Tent aired out Persian Rugs bought just need to decide on what booze to bring. Nearly all set really looking forward to this might be my last EP so I'm gonna enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

All the years I've been going to EP I've never got food from Kinara kitchen because the queues are always huge. Is it worth the big queues? Gonna try get around to all the things I've never managed in previous years.

haitens wrote: »
    All the years I've been going to EP I've never got food from Kinara kitchen because the queues are always huge. Is it worth the big queues? Gonna try get around to all the things I've never managed in previous years.

Yes. Yes. 100% yes. Get two of whatever. Unreal grub!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Non booze related question here.
    Would I be mad to try commute by car from to Dublin each day?

Bassboxxx wrote: »
    Non booze related question here.
    Would I be mad to try commute by car from to Dublin each day?

Traffic on the Friday will be mental, and the Sunday will be worse. Your call.

Also, consider the fatigue factor, it's a lot to expect yourself to do after a day trudging around a festival site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Um yeah that would be fairly mad id say. Why would you want to do that?

Also I don't think frozen cans of guinness is going to work out well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement