Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Pixies recently headlined Field Day in London, Bluedot, Eurockeennes & the Other Stage at Glasto. I'd not rule them out as headliners.

The XX way bigger as you say but EP has had Interpol, the Valentines & comparable acts headlining in the past.

Not every band is as big in every country , Interpol headlined the EA this year

Absolutely. And I agree with you that I'd much prefer them headlining the EA. But if they're subbing the main act at Reading/Leeds there's a chance they're headlining EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would love to see the Pixies play, have never saw them before apart from performances recorded for TV but they would fit the bill nicely. Yep Bjork could be due a visit again and, hopefully Fever Ray too. David Byrne wouldn't go amiss, Aha, take or leave it, don't really do it for me, I'll forever remember them for the Take On Me video which stood out at the time over other pop videos, the drawn cartoon affect animation. Will probably check out some of their set if they do play.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

Correct me if I'm wrong , but is pink moon camping already sold out for 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Correct me if I'm wrong , but is pink moon camping already sold out for 2018

Yep Seems to be the case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Not a fan of QOTSA but they seem to be working allot with festival republic in 2018.

http://mailchi.mp/festivalrepublic.com/get-presale-queens-of-the-stone-age-tickets-from-9am-today-zyiy327lpn?e=6d8df3d810

Also, think MGMT will tour next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Not a fan of QOTSA but they seem to be working allot with festival republic in 2018.

http://mailchi.mp/festivalrepublic.com/get-presale-queens-of-the-stone-age-tickets-from-9am-today-zyiy327lpn?e=6d8df3d810

MGMT were pretty sh1te at EP 2009, I think they should announce a name or two in December to fill in the wait gap a bit.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭deeks

Would absolutely love Queens of The Stone Age - Main Stage Headliner Saturday or Sunday night would be awesome.

MGMT were pretty sh1te at EP 2009, I think they should announce a name or two in December to fill in the wait gap a bit.

I really enjoyed them that year, though it was pretty late on the Friday & my judgement may have been impaired.

Fully agree re names, no harm releasing a few. If only to keep us occupied here for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Here’s an utterly mad idea, could we u2 headlining?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Nah, too much money to be made elsewhere for them.

• Advertisement

I'd say it's been discussed in their camp over the years. And may happen someday but unlikely just yet. The Edge was standing beside us during Gavin Friday in 2012 & we could see Bono side-stage during Patti Smith the following evening. Am sure they got a good impression of the fest but they'd want to play somewhere at least Oxegen sized. Security-wise EP would struggle with people trying to crash the fest.

Would love to be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I bet like previous years it'll be march before the bands are announced, 4 hours after the tickets go on sale
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

deeks wrote: »
    Would absolutely love Queens of The Stone Age - Main Stage Headliner Saturday or Sunday night would be awesome.

QOTSA last weekend were unreal, they will deffo play a big show here next year as this was the album tour. usually go and do big gigs after. If not EP HK oR MC maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

kg703 wrote: »
    I bet like previous years it'll be march before the bands are announced, 4 hours after the tickets go on sale on Seatwave after selling out
    :rolleyes:

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They don't do festivals at all really. Especially not ones as small as EP. Coachella are probably the only festival that could afford them.

I think QOTSA are a good bet. We generally have an idea of one of the headliners this far out. Last year it was The xx this year I think it's QOTSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

FYP ;)

Of course, lest we forget.
    Lucky all mine are now paid off and I can start stacking up the cans in preparation

In speculation news, two door cinema club are making an announcement "soon" apparently, could be a contender. I got free tickets to their Trinity gig earlier this year and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Ugh I hope its not them. They are good live but I've must have seen them ten times at this stage.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Ugh I hope its not them. They are good live but I've must have seen them ten times at this stage.

Certainly not headline worthy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Nah, too much money to be made elsewhere for them.

Wasn't really thinking of the money aspect of it and more the ego stroking.

That said, saw them in Croke park during summer and it was the worst of the shows I've ever seen by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Mad Cool festival seemingly announcing Pearl Jam as another headliner in the morning, to add to the following:

IMG_1874.PNG.fd8a5a1da6b67d6f29fcac89f405e284.PNG

in July, but some might still be gigging by the time EP comes around.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

That looks like a decent line up , So Snow Patrol are back on tour next year could see them doing Longitude or EP imo.

I know people might not like it but id love to see Stereophonics doing a slot at EP (Maybe late Friday/Saturday or a Sunday headline slot???) They have a big back catalogue of hits that suit festivals.

I can see us getting one of Royal Blood/Kasabian/Queens of the Stone Age . Personally i think a similiar set to Foals or Noel G would suit Royal Blood perfectly (especially after there gig on Sunday)

Also Foals are recording a new album so maybe a headline slot for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭deeks

Mad Cool festival seemingly announcing Pearl Jam as another headliner in the morning, to add to the following:

IMG_1874.PNG.fd8a5a1da6b67d6f29fcac89f405e284.PNG

in July, but some might still be gigging by the time EP comes around.

Jaysus. Any one or two from the top few lines there would go down great as headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

As today is the first day of Christmas I declare Pearl Jam to be the new Radiohead.

Pearl Jam will headline EP 2018!!!

Even if they are not announced in the first or second announcement, they will headline, having been announced in the announcement three weeks out from the event. A full 30 weeks after the tickets sold out, on blind faith alone.

I cant wait to hear Daughter, its gonnna be awesome.

Everyone needs to get on this now. Because EP check the Board here for their booking recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I see The The are playing Iveagh Gardens next July.
    Hopefully that doesn't rule them out.

As today is the first day of Christmas I declare Pearl Jam to be the new Radiohead.

Pearl Jam will headline EP 2018!!!

Even if they are not announced in the first or second announcement, they will headline, having been announced in the announcement three weeks out from the event. A full 30 weeks after the tickets sold out, on blind faith alone.

I cant wait to hear Daughter, its gonnna be awesome.

Everyone needs to get on this now. Because EP check the Board here for their booking recommendations.

They already have the headliners sorted man, they had them sorted earlier this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

They already have the headliners sorted man, they had them sorted earlier this year!

They want you to think that man. This is totally something we can change. Pearl Jam will be headlining.

I see The The are playing Iveagh Gardens next July.
    Hopefully that doesn't rule them out.

It does rule them out

No Aha! at EP since they have just been confirmed for Live at the Marquee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

No Aha! at EP since they have just been confirmed for Live at the Marquee

0d98c8edfa10b1c3e57145be8728c567efdf9f4cdb2b68a3dcaf57b8ee2e6095.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement