Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Anyone got the link to the mother djs Spotify playlist

This is the one I posted a few days ago.

Some amount of craft beer drinkers in here, must cost a few quid stocking up on them for the weekend! I just grab a slab of whatevers cheapish (Coors/Heineken/Bud) and a litre of vodka and that will do me for the weekend. I would love to buy the 330ml cans in bulk as they don't go as flat when you're drinking them but they never seem to sell these in slabs/bulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

This is the one I posted a few days ago.

Some amount of craft beer drinkers in here, must cost a few quid stocking up on them for the weekend! I just grab a slab of whatevers cheapish (Coors/Heineken/Bud) and a litre of vodka and that will do me for the weekend. I would love to buy the 330ml cans in bulk as they don't go as flat when you're drinking them but they never seem to sell these in slabs/bulk.

We're quite a civilised bunch. I don't go mental with the craft beers, just a few to get the juices flowing in the morning. You'd be in some hoop if you drank them all day... Slab of Heineken as it's what's sold inside, whiskey for the night time/Sunday afternoon when the cans run out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I could 100% drink craft beers all day every day at EP. Brewdogs punk ipa and dead pony club all day long, delish. But they are too expensive so I just buy 2 for each day and then cheap booze after that. You can get 4 for a tenner which is kond of ok but they're only 330ml cans.

It annoys me that craft beer in small cans is more expensive than in the 500ml glass bottles here. In the uk its so much better. They have a huge selection of ales and craft stuff in cans and in some places you'll find 12 packs for £15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Bassboxxx wrote: »
    Non booze related question here.
    Would I be mad to try commute by car from to Dublin each day?

I have done this before and it's definitely viable, the only problem is if you have a long day at a festival, falling asleep at the wheel on the way home is a real danger, even if you haven't had a drop of booze.

The logistics of getting in and out each day are fine

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

MadYaker wrote: »
    I could 100% drink craft beers all day every day at EP. Brewdogs punk ipa and dead pony club all day long, delish. But they are too expensive so I just buy 2 for each day and then cheap booze after that. You can get 4 for a tenner which is kond of ok but they're only 330ml cans.

It annoys me that craft beer in small cans is more expensive than in the 500ml glass bottles here. In the uk its so much better. They have a huge selection of ales and craft stuff in cans and in some places you'll find 12 packs for £15

I find I drink the small cans very fast, I'd drink 2 small cans way faster than one big one. Given that craft beer is generally stronger than the Heineken/American pisswater, I end up hooped, so try to stick to 2/3 a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Think I'll go with
    24 cheap cans
    4 cans of knockoff Jack and Coke mixture
    70cl bourbon

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭the_gommes

Yeah I’ve stocked up on quite a bit but have been tipping away at buying it over the past 2 months or so to spread the cost, just buying a few when I see a good deal. Got packs of 15 brewdog cans for £13 in Tesco in the north, tastier than Heineken etc but cheap enough to do me for the sesh.

As said above, it’s pointless enough when you’ll be drinking heino or moretti in the arena all day anyway so I’ll switch to heino cans or just vodka after bars close at night. I could be drinking anything at that stage to be fair, taste buds will be well dulled.

A few Kinnegar, White Hag & Whiplash cans for the morning to get the juices flowing & I’ll be happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Wait, Kinnegar in cans?! Where???

The Body & Soul Peace Pagoda stage announced their day by day breakdown on facebook, don't think I have been there since my first or second EP but remember it was a fun little stage at night time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

The Body & Soul Peace Pagoda stage announced their day by day breakdown on facebook, don't think I have been there since my first or second EP but remember it was a fun little stage at night time.

Had one of my best memories of ep dancing to some djs I’ve never heard of before or again on the Sunday night in that stage.
    Only went in to get in out of the rain.

God I can’t wait now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

dylbert wrote: »
    Twisted tree vintage cider in Aldi, 7.4% and 99c a can.

In the interests of research, picked up a few cans of this.

Quite tasty.

More the Strongbow than Orchard Thieves side of the sweetness scale.
    Reminds me of the Cidre de Normandie in France, if anyone tasted it.

330ml cans - says on the can 2.4 units of alcohol per can - weight saver compared to 500ml if you're carrying in a load, and less liquid to pee, but would require a modicum of self control to avoid just drinking at the same pace as a regular strength cider, and for that reason, I'm out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Anyone know what night massive attack are playing

Anyone know what night massive attack are playing

They have the Saturday listed on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Molloys. They’ve been out the last 3 or so months. 440ml. Decent range. Not cheap but you can get them 3 for €9 or €10 in some deals. A lot of craft breweries are doing their range in cans now.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

I have done this before and it's definitely viable, the only problem is if you have a long day at a festival, falling asleep at the wheel on the way home is a real danger, even if you haven't had a drop of booze.

The logistics of getting in and out each day are fine

That might just be the convincing I needed. As a non drinker or camper I'd get fook all sleep, I'd rather spend time getting home for a decent kip then back at it.
    I can see myself with a few days no sleep getting a bang of a frozen can of Guinness and loosing it:mad::mad:

That might just be the convincing I needed. As a non drinker or camper I'd get fook all sleep, I'd rather spend time getting home for a decent kip then back at it.
    I can see myself with a few days no sleep getting a bang of a frozen can of Guinness and loosing it:mad::mad:

A quiet campsite & a set of earplugs, be grand..

I'd say it'd be just too tiring, not to mention head-wrecking, getting in with the traffic Friday and Sunday - hardly worth it..

What about maybe drive home the Friday night if you really must, then camp up in Joplin the Saturday night, drive home Sunday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MatchaPeekaboo

Did a bit of booze research today in Swords:

JCs Supermarket:
    Irishtown Dublin Blonde Lager 330ml 4.4% & Dublin Red Pale Ale 4.4% 85c each (note best before date is Sep)

Baltika 5.4% & Zatecky Gus 4.6% liter can €3.50 each

Bulmers 8 cans €12

Carlsberg 18 cans €18

Canadian 8 cans €10.69

Guinness 8 cans €10.49

Krombacher Pils mini keg (5l) 4.8% €20

Erdinger Weissbier cans 5.3% €2.69 each

70cl Gordons Gin €19 Jameson €24 Smirnoff €18

Dunnes:
    Strongbow 6 cans €9

Grolsch 4 cans €5

Brewdog 4 cans €8

Bulmers 12 cans €16

Heineken 24 cans €35

Carlsberg 24 cans €28

Guinness 12 cans €17

Rockshore 8 cans €13

SuperValu:
    Bulmers 18 cans €25

Rockshore 8 cans €14

Carlsberg 8 cans €13

Hop House 13 8 cans €14

Budweiser 8 cans €13

Guinness 8 cans €14

Brewdog 4 cans €10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

13 cans of hop house for 14euro?

Someone get my keys!

UsedToWait wrote:
    What about maybe drive home the Friday night if you really must, then camp up in Joplin the Saturday night, drive home Sunday night?

What's the story with the Joplin campsite? I didn't even know there's different campsites

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MatchaPeekaboo

John.Icy wrote: »
    13 cans of hop house for 14euro?

Someone get my keys!
    Haha too good to be true, I edited it. 8 cans. Put the keys away.

• Advertisement

What's the story with the Joplin campsite? I didn't even know there's different campsites

MJohnston's great infographic shows the campsite, and all the other info you might need :)

http://thedeskofmatthew.com/electricpicnic/

edit:
    The real scale site map is great too: (note all the space in Joplin!)

https://twitter.com/deskofmatthew/status/902935613338525696/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D104536626

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭the_gommes

They installed a canning line earlier this year, very impressive setup! They’re keeping the core range in bottles & canning all the “specials”, so plenty of sours, saisons etc. Great stuff but, as said, not overly cheap!

UsedToWait wrote: »
    MJohnston's great infographic shows the campsite, and all the other info you might need :)

http://thedeskofmatthew.com/electricpicnic/

edit:
    The real scale site map is great too: (note all the space in Joplin!)

https://twitter.com/deskofmatthew/status/902935613338525696/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D104536626

Wow lovely, having a rethink about one night camping..thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 35 chevra13i

How do the Heineken Cold Rooms work, do I drop off a load of cans on the Friday and then go to pick up cold cans as and when I want them over the weekend?

I presume they have a way of knowing how many I have left etc.. I wouldn't want to be responsible for holding onto some receipt for a whole weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Anyone know where the showers are for general camping?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

UsedToWait wrote: »
    In the interests of research, picked up a few cans of this.

Quite tasty.

More the Strongbow than Orchard Thieves side of the sweetness scale.
    Reminds me of the Cidre de Normandie in France, if anyone tasted it.

330ml cans - says on the can 2.4 units of alcohol per can - weight saver compared to 500ml if you're carrying in a load, and less liquid to pee, but would require a modicum of self control to avoid just drinking at the same pace as a regular strength cider, and for that reason, I'm out :)

i'm conducting research on this product as we speak....(3 cans in)
    its not bad at all imo, cheap, tasty and strong, im not a cider drinker but do enjoy a couple now and then, i may well brink a dozen of these!

red wine is a great one for those who enjoy it (me)
    no temperature issues, travels well, no fizz or lack of to worry about
    a couple of glasses of red are welcome when im having one of my "i cant get this flat, warm pssss into me any more" moments
    get a few 750ml water bottles and replace with a full bottle of red...jobs a good un

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

everlast75 wrote: »
    Anyone know where the showers are for general camping?

I've seen them in the Hendrix campsite I don't know about the others but crew have their own showers too which is handy.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I've seen them in the Hendrix campsite I don't know about the others but crew have their own showers too which is handy.

Anyone else know if joplin, chaplin have any?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Six more sleeps for me till I'm in Stradbally. :D:D

Edit: Speaking of which, I don't know if Mimimcmc is a contributor to this thread or if he is doing the Picnic but I sent him photos through Whatsapp of the festival build for All Together Now, I can do the same for the Picnic but I need someone from the thread to add me to Whatsapp and I'll throw up some pics via whatsapp to a boardsie as I can't do boards on my phone, its a crap phone in that regard and will replace it soon.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

1st person who pms me looking for eco camping can have my Id no. My mate couldn't get one so it's no use to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement