Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

everlast75 wrote: »
    Anyone else know if joplin, chaplin have any?

Cheers

No, just Hendrix. Get there early, the queues can be mental if you leave it too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Just double checking that the green carpark is best for pink moon and podpads?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

haitens wrote: »
    1st person who pms me looking for eco camping can have my Id no. My mate couldn't get one so it's no use to me.

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

erica74 wrote: »

Think I read that the yellow car park is better?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

erica74 wrote: »
    dylbert wrote: »
    Think I read that the yellow car park is better?

Yep, green car park for pink moon and podpads
    Yellow car park is harvest moon , formally known as boutique camping area!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Those entrance times from the campsites are interesting. I remember people trying to get back to pink moon late on Saturday via the entrance beside comedy arena, security blocking the route and trying to send people through the forest. Eventually a crowd built up and pushed through the barriers.
    Farcical system expecting people to walk that far late at night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

chevra13i wrote: »
    How do the Heineken Cold Rooms work, do I drop off a load of cans on the Friday and then go to pick up cold cans as and when I want them over the weekend?

I presume they have a way of knowing how many I have left etc.. I wouldn't want to be responsible for holding onto some receipt for a whole weekend...

I used it last year, it was great. They take your name and mobile number when you drop off then you collect them as you want. You actually get back the same cans you drop off. It's like a beer cloakroom. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Lads any more ideas for who's playing the Friday apart kendrick lemar who we know is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Six more sleeps for me till I'm in Stradbally. :D:D

Edit: Speaking of which, I don't know if Mimimcmc is a contributor to this thread or if he is doing the Picnic but I sent him photos through Whatsapp of the festival build for All Together Now, I can do the same for the Picnic but I need someone from the thread to add me to Whatsapp and I'll throw up some pics via whatsapp to a boardsie as I can't do boards on my phone, its a crap phone in that regard and will replace it soon.

she / her

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Rfrip wrote: »
    Yep, green car park for pink moon and podpads
    Yellow car park is harvest moon , formally known as boutique camping area!

Managing to park in green is the magic trick though.
    Have only ever been herded into there once.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

she / her

Now now, it's a new world, let's not be forcing gender roles on anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

That's it, all the years iv been going IV always been told where to park Iv never really had a choice and I'm always down early on the friday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Someone posted a route last year that I followed and it got me straight into the green car park which was so handy for pink moon, pretty sure I went through Kildangan, Vicarstown, Inch Cross and then into Stradbally that way.

Every other year I have parked in the red car park, it is some trek to pink moon from there especially as you are walking against the grain from Salty Dog onwards.

tonto123 wrote: »
    That's it, all the years iv been going IV always been told where to park Iv never really had a choice and I'm always down early on the friday

Apparently if you go through Stradbally itself you can get in there, never been applicable to me as I'm coming from Limerick and camp in Eco so red is ideal, but I think that's how you get into green

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Lads with Address Pal, how long does it take to get here? Need a Power Bank from Amazon as they're far cheaper than brick and mortar shops...

I know I left it fairly late :o

Snarky Snark Snark

Someone posted a route last year that I followed and it got me straight into the green car park which was so handy for pink moon, pretty sure I went through Kildangan, Vicarstown, Inch Cross and then into Stradbally that way.

Every other year I have parked in the red car park, it is some trek to pink moon from there especially as you are walking against the grain from Salty Dog onwards.

Must have a look for that route.

D'other bit though is easy, don't go in via the main ticket entrance.
    There's a path from red all the way down to paintball, have used it the last couple of years and it's much better.

If you look at MJohnsons real world map in post #1 of the thread, you can see a dotted line running along side the road, that's not on the road but in the field beside the road. Head for that and it's much faster and less foot traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

Wing126 wrote: »
    Lads with Address Pal, how long does it take to get here? Need a Power Bank from Amazon as they're far cheaper than brick and mortar shops...

I know I left it fairly late :o

pm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Any chance of someone stickying the playlist that a poster put together? cannot find it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Any chance of someone stickying the playlist that a poster put together? cannot find it

https://open.spotify.com/user/1157820226/playlist/1L2JgU6k3lE4UQOI7WqJBt?si=hZvZ_Z5LSTWNL3HYLC7s1Q

Here ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

so is the eco camping in a completely different location this year or just bigger ?... sorry cant seem to view map on phone

• Advertisement

jobless wrote: »
    so is the eco camping in a completely different location this year or just bigger ?... sorry cant seem to view map on phone

Very close to where it was last year, but it looks way bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

For anyone who has stayed in Pink Moon the last few years, how long are we talking for queues for the showers in the morning? Have stayed there the last 2 years but haven't used their showers, I know there would probably be no queues if I waited until the afternoon but I'd say it's morning showers or nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

jobless wrote: »

different location

yellow - old one
    red - new one

https://i.imgur.com/LiqPH0o.jpg

LiqPH0o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

For anyone who has stayed in Pink Moon the last few years, how long are we talking for queues for the showers in the morning? Have stayed there the last 2 years but haven't used their showers, I know there would probably be no queues if I waited until the afternoon but I'd say it's morning showers or nothing for me.

Think between 10-11am last year I queued maybe 10 or 15 mins each morning.. No more than that.. They move quickly..

Need to buy a new air bed this year. Anyone have any recommendations on a good one not too heavy to carry?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 chevra13i

nc6000 wrote: »
    I used it last year, it was great. They take your name and mobile number when you drop off then you collect them as you want. You actually get back the same cans you drop off. It's like a beer cloakroom. :)

Nice one :)

Note to self - don't hand over all my cans at the start...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Rubysky wrote: »
    Need to buy a new air bed this year. Anyone have any recommendations on a good one not too heavy to carry?

Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Friend who needed a ticket got sorted.

Just on the lookout for 1 more eco code please if anyone can help.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Rubysky wrote: »

Halfords.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 BlaaEater

i'm conducting research on this product as we speak....(3 cans in)
    its not bad at all imo, cheap, tasty and strong, im not a cider drinker but do enjoy a couple now and then, i may well brink a dozen of these!

red wine is a great one for those who enjoy it (me)
    no temperature issues, travels well, no fizz or lack of to worry about
    a couple of glasses of red are welcome when im having one of my "i cant get this flat, warm pssss into me any more" moments
    get a few 750ml water bottles and replace with a full bottle of red...jobs a good un

Yep, +1 on the red wine front! For anyone looking, boxes (bags) of wine are hard to come by, but M & S do them and they're pretty decent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement