Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Le Boom will be playing at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Found it strange that they werent listed. Are they a surprise act?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

BlaaEater wrote: »
    Yep, +1 on the red wine front! For anyone looking, boxes (bags) of wine are hard to come by, but M & S do them and they're pretty decent.

This is what I'm thinking, box of wine between herself and me, some cider, some craft beers and some good whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

For anyone who has stayed in Pink Moon the last few years, how long are we talking for queues for the showers in the morning? Have stayed there the last 2 years but haven't used their showers, I know there would probably be no queues if I waited until the afternoon but I'd say it's morning showers or nothing for me.
    The longest I’ve queued is about 20 minutes. The lines look long, but there are loads of showers and they move very quickly. It’s a nice way to wake up

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

BlaaEater wrote: »
    Yep, +1 on the red wine front! For anyone looking, boxes (bags) of wine are hard to come by, but M & S do them and they're pretty decent.

Yes recommend their bag of Cotes du Rhône. About €18 I think for 1000ml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

different location

yellow - old one
    red - new one

https://i.imgur.com/LiqPH0o.jpg

Was that area (new Eco camp) previously forest that has been "recently" cleared? The satellite image on Google Maps shows that as a forest area ....

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

Was that area (new Eco camp) previously forest that has been "recently" cleared? The satellite image on Google Maps shows that as a forest area ....

clearing established woodlands for an Eco Campsite, my God, the irony!

kg703 wrote: »
    Found it strange that they werent listed. Are they a surprise act?

Saturday evening at Cosby they said

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

different location

yellow - old one
    red - new one

https://i.imgur.com/LiqPH0o.jpg

LiqPH0o.jpg

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

An unannounced Main Arena act you say, hmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Not on the poster

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Who guys

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I still think we might get a mini EP announcement this week to fill out the main arena by another 10 acts. Maybe I'm being naive but Le Boom have self confirmed as have Ejeca and neither were on any official announcement or poster

I don't see Dublin Gospel Choir on official poster either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

haitens wrote: »
    1st person who pms me looking for eco camping can have my Id no. My mate couldn't get one so it's no use to me.

I've got a spare for your pal. PM me for it.

Edit: I've just seen that someone has taken your number. I've a spare for anyone who wants it as my friend can't make it. PM me.

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Not on the poster

No its not, but they said they are playing Saturday evening at Cosby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

still struggling to get any tickets on toutless or adverts with so many people sniffing around so
    if anyone has a spare 2 appreciate if pm me. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I still think we might get a mini EP announcement this week to fill out the main arena by another 10 acts. Maybe I'm being naive but Le Boom have self confirmed as have Ejeca and neither were on any official announcement or poster

82 acts on the main announcement this year, there were 88 last year.. Is that enough to warrant another announcement? I'm not sure. But agree it is weird that Ejeca or Le Boom haven't been in either announcement.

82 acts on the main announcement this year, there were 88 last year.. Is that enough to warrant another announcement? I'm not sure. But agree it is weird that Ejeca or Le Boom haven't been in either announcement.

Saving a few for the week before!

They went out of their way to announce the day of ATN. I'm surprised they haven't done anything of note today, the day that ATN tickets go on general sale. They will want as much hype as possible I'd imagine over the next week and a bit. Holding back a small 3rd announcement could well fill the void.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

They went out of their way to announce the day of ATN. I'm surprised they haven't done anything of note today, the day that ATN tickets go on general sale. They will want as much hype as possible I'd imagine over the next week and a bit. Holding back a small 3rd announcement could well fill the void.

Still time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Would recommend to anyone who has not heard of them. Lots of energy and lunatics to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

Agreed - could be reading too much into it but the link to the line-up on the EP website homepage says "View your 2018 lineup so far".  This would suggest there is more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kerrywho

Hi all, currently looking on the artists' websites to see who has self-announced and the Friday seems extremely empty?

Artists I have managed to find so far:

FRIDAY
    Kendrick Lamar
    Bad Bones

SATURDAY
    Jorja Smith
    Dua Lipa
    George Ezra
    NERD
    Friendly Fires
    Jungle
    Maggie Rogers
    Wolf Alice
    Tom Misch

SUNDAY
    St Vincent
    The Prodigy
    The Kooks
    CHVRCHES
    Death Grips
    Cigarettes After Sex
    Jessie Ware
    Wyvern Lingo

Not sure about DJs such as Denis Sulta/Nina Kraviz/Peggy Gou etc as their Resident Advisor pages don't have Electric Picnic listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

kerrywho wrote: »
    Hi all, currently looking on the artists' websites to see who has self-announced and the Friday seems extremely empty?

Artists I have managed to find so far:

FRIDAY
    Kendrick Lamar
    Bad Bones

SATURDAY
    Jorja Smith
    Dua Lipa
    George Ezra
    NERD
    Friendly Fires
    Jungle
    Maggie Rogers
    Wolf Alice
    Tom Misch

SUNDAY
    St Vincent
    The Prodigy
    The Kooks
    CHVRCHES
    Death Grips
    Cigarettes After Sex
    Jessie Ware
    Wyvern Lingo

Not sure about DJs such as Denis Sulta/Nina Kraviz/Peggy Gou etc as their Resident Advisor pages don't have Electric Picnic listed.

Friday|Saturday|Sunday
    Walking On Cars|Massive Attack|The Prodigy
    Benjamine Clementine|NERD|George Ezra
    Delorentos|Dua Lipa|St Vincent
    |Dermot Kennedy|The Kooks
    |Friendly Fires|Chvrches
    |Jorja Smith|Cigarettes After Sex
    |Jungle|Death Grips
    |Mount Kimbie|DJ Koze
    |Tom Misch|Jessie Ware
    |Wolf Alice|Colter Wall
    |Sevdaliza|Inner Circle
    ||Lucy Dacus
    ||Wyvern Lingo

That is what I could find when I looked about a week ago. Friday lineup is usually lighter in fairness, only about 5 acts on the main stage and then 3 or 4 in the Electric Arena. Rankins Wood is only open for the 2fm History of hip hop/Jenny Greene stuff and then Little Big Tent & Cosby Tent aren't open.

Friday|Saturday|Sunday
    Walking On Cars|Massive Attack|The Prodigy
    Benjamine Clementine|NERD|George Ezra
    Delorentos|Dua Lipa|St Vincent
    |Dermot Kennedy|The Kooks
    |Friendly Fires|Chvrches
    |Jorja Smith|Cigarettes After Sex
    |Jungle|Death Grips
    |Mount Kimbie|DJ Koze
    |Tom Misch|Jessie Ware
    |Wolf Alice|Colter Wall
    |Sevdaliza|Inner Circle
    ||Lucy Dacus
    ||Wyvern Lingo

That is what I could find when I looked about a week ago. Friday lineup is usually lighter in fairness, only about 5 acts on the main stage and then 3 or 4 in the Electric Arena. Rankins Wood is only open for the 2fm History of hip hop/Jenny Greene stuff and then Little Big Tent & Cosby Tent aren't open.
    Nice one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

What's the probability that they're keeping a third announcement for this week with Ejeca and Le Boom? Maybe with Hozier as he's playing in dublin the week after EP?

What's the probability that they're keeping a third announcement for this week with Ejeca and Le Boom? Maybe with Hozier as he's playing in dublin the week after EP?

Was thinking the same when I seen hozier announcing gigs for the week after

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

I've just realised I'm going to miss St Vincent and I am devastated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭joinme

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I've got a spare for your pal. PM me for it.

Edit: I've just seen that someone has taken your number. I've a spare for anyone who wants it as my friend can't make it. PM me.

Hey, I tried to PM but won't send for some reason!? Would appreciate the code of still going? Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement