Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

optogirl wrote: »
    I've just realised I'm going to miss St Vincent and I am devastated.
    Are u leaving early on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭bergipau

Woohoo got my campervan pass......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭endainoz

I'd make a prediction that the Friday evening heritage act slot will go to Inner Circle this year, should get the crowd going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

tonto123 wrote: »
    Are u leaving early on Sunday?

Yep - kiddies back to school

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

endainoz wrote: »
    I'd make a prediction that the Friday evening heritage act slot will go to Inner Circle this year, should get the crowd going.

Yep. Somewhere else...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

I can’t believe how hot the tickets are at the moment. Friends of ours are looking and having no luck getting anything under 400. Even the ones advertised at face value are accepting ‘offers’. This time last year our pal got a ticket for 150

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

PinkCamper wrote: »
    I can’t believe how hot the tickets are at the moment. Friends of ours are looking and having no luck getting anything under 400. Even the ones advertised at face value are accepting ‘offers’. This time last year our pal got a ticket for 150

same with a friend of mine - got one through ticketmaster on the Friday morning last year. Surprised at how hot they are considering the headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mistertrixy

For anyone looking....SportsDirect doing good wellies for very cheap for anyone who's had to retire old ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

everlast75 wrote: »
    Would recommend to anyone who has not heard of them. Lots of energy and lunatics to boot.

Discovered them in my research and on my list to see. Reckon there would be a great buzz for them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

For anyone looking....SportsDirect doing good wellies for very cheap for anyone who's had to retire old ones.

Hopefully wellies won't be required. A dry weekend means runners. Runners mean your feet wont be screaming at you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Hopefully wellies won't be required. A dry weekend means runners. Runners mean your feet wont be screaming at you.

Weather forecast is looking dry and patches of sun for the 3 days.Hoping my only wellie related complaint will be having to bring them there and back for no reason:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I usually do it in light hiking booties, sturdier than runners which is a good thing given it's three days hammering your feets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

surely after the summer weve just had, even with rain it wouldnt turn swampy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

optogirl wrote: »
    Yep - kiddies back to school

this is another plus for ATN, much better timing,
    theres always someone from our group that heads on sunday,
    due to kids starting new school etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭endainoz

Yeah not to tempt fate, but speaking from a farming point of view, it would take an enormous amount of rain to soften the ground up there at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

jobless wrote: »
    surely after the summer weve just had, even with rain it wouldnt turn swampy

Parts of the forest tracks will get muddy regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Weather forecast is looking dry and patches of sun for the 3 days.Hoping my only wellie related complaint will be having to bring them there and back for no reason:cool:

Aisling, I think you misunderstand. The weather is what MJohnston says it will be-and you'll only find out that from next Monday!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

For anyone who likes pink gin as a lil treat - 5 cans of Gordon's pre-mixed in Molloys for €10, nice for after hours in the arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

For anyone who likes pink gin as a lil treat - 5 cans of Gordon's pre-mixed in Molloys for €10, nice for after hours in the arena.

would you need to drink 5 of em to make any difference, or is there a nice kick off them?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

this is another plus for ATN, much better timing,
    theres always someone from our group that heads on sunday,
    due to kids starting new school etc.

Or teachers like myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

thebusher wrote: »
    Or teachers like myself!

You have had enough time off to do stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

everlast75 wrote: »
    would you need to drink 5 of em to make any difference, or is there a nice kick off them?

If you're a regular gin drinker they've a nice kick. Sweet enough though so personally would only stomach 2 or 3 at a time. Grand for if you've already been drinking all day :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

im loving cigarettes after sex and the blaze
    Time to start buying booze now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Lads, is it Orchard Thieves or Outcider that they sell at the campsites?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Rfrip wrote: »
    im loving cigarettes after sex and the blaze
    Time to start buying booze now!
    Yeah, Cigarettes after Sex right up there with St Vincent and Benjamin Clementine for me. Touch of the Mazzy Star about them. Can't wait to see what they're like live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Wing126 wrote: »
    Lads, is it Orchard Thieves or Outcider that they sell at the campsites?

It was Orchard Thieves, it looks like it will be Applemans this year. Both are owned by Heineken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Anyone know if the tesco will be selling drink actually?
    It was Orchard Thieves, it looks like it will be Applemans this year. Both are owned by Heineken

What makes ya say it'll be Applemans?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Friday|Saturday|Sunday
    Walking On Cars|Massive Attack|The Prodigy
    Benjamine Clementine|NERD|George Ezra
    Delorentos|Dua Lipa|St Vincent
    |Dermot Kennedy|The Kooks
    |Friendly Fires|Chvrches
    |Jorja Smith|Cigarettes After Sex
    |Jungle|Death Grips
    |Mount Kimbie|DJ Koze
    |Tom Misch|Jessie Ware
    |Wolf Alice|Colter Wall
    |Sevdaliza|Inner Circle
    ||Lucy Dacus
    ||Wyvern Lingo

That is what I could find when I looked about a week ago. Friday lineup is usually lighter in fairness, only about 5 acts on the main stage and then 3 or 4 in the Electric Arena. Rankins Wood is only open for the 2fm History of hip hop/Jenny Greene stuff and then Little Big Tent & Cosby Tent aren't open.

Few more confirmed days in the Body & Soul area:
    Friday: Hvmmingbyrd, The Brummies, Bitch Falcon, Super Extra Bonus Party
    Saturday: Lilla Vargen, Trick Mist, The Modern Strangers, Tracybruen
    Sunday: Barq, Daithi, Fontaines DC, Orchid Collective

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Sunday is busy....can’t wait to start highlighting and laminating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Engine Alley playing Jerry Fish tent on Saturday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement