Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Was there an announcement for the Heineken area? Usually an area I would avoid but just saw the lineup on facebook and it is pretty good in fairness.

Erol Alkan, Ejeca, Krystal Klear, Lumo Club DJs, Sing Along Social, Mix & Fairbanks, Trinity Orchestra, We Cut Corners, Spies, Marcus O'Laoire

Also solves the Ejeca mystery! Maybe we won't be getting another small announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Was there an announcement for the Heineken area? Usually an area I would avoid but just saw the lineup on facebook and it is pretty good in fairness.

Erol Alkan, Ejeca, Krystal Klear, Lumo Club DJs, Sing Along Social, Mix & Fairbanks, Trinity Orchestra, We Cut Corners, Spies, Marcus O'Laoire

Also solves the Ejeca mystery! Maybe we won't be getting another small announcement.

Didn't see Erol Alkan at all, nice one, do you have a link?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Didn't see Erol Alkan at all, nice one, do you have a link?

39742725_10156700721849168_920199010910732288_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=2f5c6c6af4c682f3a7df9d65015b76b1&oe=5BEDCFDB

Looks like a bit of a contender for Casa Bacardi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

bemmet wrote: »
    Thanks for that recommendation
    Just listened to them there
    Excellent
    Thats my sunday 230 slot taken care of

They are also doing OV at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Love this by mix and Fairbanks actually

https://youtu.be/PBxlD81o42E

Krystal Klear clashing with Get down edits for me

There’s the start of it now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Those Murder Capital boys sound right up my alley. Colter Wall also sounds well worth a listen.

Rfrip wrote: »
    Love this by mix and Fairbanks actually

https://youtu.be/PBxlD81o42E

Krystal Klear clashing with Get down edits for me

There’s the start of it now!!

Sometimes reading your posts feels like reading my own, we have a very similar taste in music!! Get Down Edits said they are closing out the Jerry Fish so it could be a nice run on the Friday night ;)

Happy with that Heineken area actually, Sing Along Social has become a must do at every festival I have been at the last year or so!

Sometimes reading your posts feels like reading my own, we have a very similar taste in music!! Get Down Edits said they are closing out the Jerry Fish so it could be a nice run on the Friday night ;)

Happy with that Heineken area actually, Sing Along Social has become a must do at every festival I have been at the last year or so!

Same actually! With you on sing along social too!
    So much fun! Friday night is sorted anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭joinme

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Have just sent you a PM. Hope that's all good.

PM'd back. Thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

EROL ALKAN. One of my pics. He was unreal @ Mad Cool. Clashing with These Charming Men but I’ll get both 😬ðŸ‘
    Must check out Ejeca too, heard good things 🕺ðŸ»ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Have to say they've balanced the books there now, Erol, Ejeca and Krystal Klear is enough decent electronic music alongside The Blaze, Massive, The Prodigy etc. They've covered all bases.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Does Aimee Le Boom at Heineken clear up the Le Boom appearance? And with Ejeca also there does that mean the end of hope for a minor main announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Ejeca Boiler Room right up my street. Happy days ðŸ‘

https://youtu.be/rSZDGHZFMQ8

Same with Denis Sulta

https://youtu.be/EHbpt-559xI

Can’t believe I was moaning about the line up 37 posts ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Those Murder Capital boys sound right up my alley. Colter Wall also sounds well worth a listen.

Colter Wall is great. Bizarre addition to the picnic but very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Had to sell my tickets....:(:(

Will be putting my Pink Moon 2 man tipi on Toutless first thing tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

I usually do it in light hiking booties, sturdier than runners which is a good thing given it's three days hammering your feets.

Couldn't agree more. Have a pair of red back breathable, steel capped boots which are comfy and great for when you inevitably get trodden on.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Bakharwaldog

Tried searching for this - anyone know how long the bus to Dublin on Monday morning would take? Need to catch a flight - thinking of leaving at 8/9am

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

Anyone no of any good trad/ballad bands playing over the weekend??

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

7 and a half days of work to go! I won't lie, I'm not doing much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

Jordan Rakei is also one that is either Saturday or Sunday.

What is happening with Friday? I know there’s a whole poster left but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Thebeast078

Rfrip wrote: »
    Same with Denis Sulta

https://youtu.be/EHbpt-559xI

Can’t believe I was moaning about the line up 37 posts ago!

Loving this. Will swing by when he is on for defo.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Loving this. Will swing by when he is on for defo.

Any idea what day he playing guys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

that Johannes Heil track 5mins in is a belter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

c_k_m wrote: »
    Tried searching for this - anyone know how long the bus to Dublin on Monday morning would take? Need to catch a flight - thinking of leaving at 8/9am

I’ve never taken the bus, but I know that the later you leave (by car) the longer you sit in long lines of traffic between EP and Portlaoise. If you are on a bus by 8am you should be in Dublin in 1.5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

I have never been into the Heineken area, but will definitely make an exception to see Trinity Orchestra. It might be jammed for that.

Kepler21 wrote: »
    I have never been into the Heineken area, but will definitely make an exception to see Trinity Orchestra. It might be jammed for that.

That's a bit strange, isn't it? I haven't seen them since they did Gorillaz Demon Days back in 2015, but haven't they always been on the mainstage when they've played before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

BadTurtle wrote: »
    That's a bit strange, isn't it? I haven't seen them since they did Gorillaz Demon Days back in 2015, but haven't they always been on the mainstage when they've played before?

Yes. Said on Twitter too cool for main stage. Dark side of the moon David bowie and gorillaz -v- girl power I don't think so.

Yeah, had a little look at their social media to see what kind of stuff they'd be playing - Dianna Ross and Britney Spears. Nah, no thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 conork12

Kepler21 wrote: »

I see they played bowie at ATN. Do we know what they're playing at EP?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement