Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

davew121 wrote: »
    Johnny Logan is the 3rd Electric Ireland act holy jesus

im there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Does anyone know where crew camping is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I thought he was due to play last year....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I thought he was due to play last year....?

What's another year?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What da fcuk are they trying to do us man, jesus.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Attached

Cheers for that but was looking for a larger version of the map from the app. Eco and some other stuff are moved around a bit on the app one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Does anyone know where crew camping is?

next to the Stradbally GAA area, you go through Stradbally (main st) and take a right at the last pub after passing the Gala, Chemist into a square kind of area and straight up there (Timahoe Road) till you see signs for GAA and Staff Camping. There should be a security guy in dayglo to direct traffic into the turn. Hope that helps.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 willywonka1

I'm not sure I'll even need them but would anyone know or has anyone seen Welly Socks on sale this year? Couldn't see them in pennys! My legs were in bits last year without them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

ah here.... hold me now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

With 537 pages on this thread I just can't bring myself to trawl through to get an insight into my query which has no doubt already been explored.

Nivea showers in Hendrix. What are they like? When are they busiest? Third year camping in Wilde at Electric Picnic but first year where showering will definitely be happening. Went to Rock Werchter this year and being fresh after a shower every day was the best luxury and hangover cure anyone could ask for. Cheers all

Well worth going for. Late morning is probably busiest. The queue tends to move fairly smartly as there are about 30 showers. Showers are nice and hot; they give out free Nivea products for your hair. You can rent towels if necessary. Showers themselves are free. They try and have people take off their boots when they first go in, but the floor of the changing room can be a little grubby. Flip Flops might be a good idea. The showers are like two corridors with about 8 showers on each side. The floor is a metal grid which is good for getting rid of the water, but hard on the feet.

Even from Eco where I was last year and will be again, they are well worth the walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

neddynono wrote: »
    Cheers for that but was looking for a larger version of the map from the app. Eco and some other stuff are moved around a bit on the app one

I think the only version of the map currently is the one in the EP App. It will probably be next week when they publish it properly in big form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Kepler21 wrote: »
    Well worth going for. Late morning is probably busiest. The queue tends to move fairly smartly as there are about 30 showers. Showers are nice and hot; they give out free Nivea products for your hair. You can rent towels if necessary. Showers themselves are free. They try and have people take off their boots when they first go in, but the floor of the changing room can be a little grubby. Flip Flops might be a good idea. The showers are like two corridors with about 8 showers on each side. The floor is a metal grid which is good for getting rid of the water, but hard on the feet.

Even from Eco where I was last year and will be again, they are well worth the walk.

so is it only hendrix and pink moon that has showers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I think the only version of the map currently is the one in the EP App. It will probably be next week when they publish it properly in big form.

I have this Google Maps one, that I edit each year... Haven't done much on it this year, so any errors please PM me... I think I have the Eco camping right ... (shrugs)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XbC2GNl-XOfo4nsu9l5sV1O2B7xEUSSx&usp=sharing

You can add that to MyMaps app if you use that.

This will be in the Festable app next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Best answer I could hope for :D thanks so much. Was wondering about the footwear situation as well so cheers for the extra tip.

At Rock Werchter their system was scramble to get a shower ticket first thing in the morning and wait for the number on your ticket to appear on the big screen outside the shower, and only then would you be allowed in. Decent system till the screens don't work :mad:

Will probably rent a straightener at Pink Pamper this year too. Extremely vain but necessary if showering, will be mistaken for Beetlejuice otherwise.

Thanks again and enjoy feeling fresh all weekend ;)

jobless wrote: »

According to the map on the app, yes, excluding performer and guest camping as well.

I have this Google Maps one, that I edit each year... Haven't done much on it this year, so any errors please PM me... I think I have the Eco camping right ... (shrugs)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XbC2GNl-XOfo4nsu9l5sV1O2B7xEUSSx&usp=sharing

You can add that to MyMaps app if you use that.

This will be in the Festable app next week.

That's class man. Not sure if it's coming back this year, but last year there was a hut for leaving your phone, speakers etc. in to be charged on the near side of Wilde, where all the food vans and stalls set up. Might be worth adding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Best answer I could hope for :D thanks so much. Was wondering about the footwear situation as well so cheers for the extra tip.

At Rock Werchter their system was scramble to get a shower ticket first thing in the morning and wait for the number on your ticket to appear on the big screen outside the shower, and only then would you be allowed in. Decent system till the screens don't work :mad:

Will probably rent a straightener at Pink Pamper this year too. Extremely vain but necessary if showering, will be mistaken for Beetlejuice otherwise.

Thanks again and enjoy feeling fresh all weekend ;)

I'd recommend getting a loowatt band if your gonna shower more then once. not only do you get a lovely clean toilet but you also have a styling area with hairdryers straighteners and mirrors and other beauty assortments. All toilets have lovey handsoap and moisturisers. pamper place charges you 10 for a straightener or a hairdryer. loowatt is 35 for weekend . More expensive this year mind you but was my saviour last year.

gaffolino wrote: »
    I'd recommend getting a loowatt band if your gonna shower more then once. not only do you get a lovely clean toilet but you also have a styling area with hairdryers straighteners and mirrors and other beauty assortments. All toilets have lovey handsoap and moisturisers. pamper place charges you 10 for a straightener or a hairdryer. loowatt is 35 for weekend . More expensive this year mind you but was my saviour last year.

Oh cheers, totally forgot about loowatt. Left a Facebook message with Pink Pamper about renting the dryers and straighters, myself and the sister were going to rent one each (i.e. I could pay for the dryer and she could pay for the straightener, and we could share) but got no response as of yet. Also wasn't aware they charge a tenner a go - thought it was a tenner for the weekend?! Either way loowatt seems like the better option for us both!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Can I whisper that I'm kinda happy about seeing Johnny Logan (kind of a guilty pleasure from the old Euro day's when Ireland used to WIN the Eurovision) Of course Generation EP won't know what that actually means :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Columbia mills confirmed Sunday 2:30 rankin woods and 8:10 other voices

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Johnny an inspired selection for that slot. Hold me now may actually bring the tent down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Cant wait to see Johnny Logan's white suit if it rains heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Ep app map has no food/drink symbol in pink moon? Maybe they took it out to make room for festihuts. Showers seem to be nearer the top too

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

jobless wrote: »

Am I an outrageous slob that I've never had a shower in a festival and, other than after torrential rainpour, have never even felt the need to do so?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

neddynono wrote: »
    Ep app map has no food/drink symbol in pink moon? Maybe they took it out to make room for festihuts. Showers seem to be nearer the top too

I'd be surprised if it's gone, that place must have made serious coin over the weekends.

Checking the EP Site one against the one from 2017 (link to pdf of it via IT below), there was no icon on the map last year either.

IT Link : Irish Times PDF

Don't think you can take the icons literally as the exact location of the facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

To whoever was asking about welly socks... I’ve bought them in Dunne’s, M&S and Penney’s over the years. Any knee high sock will also do fine

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

what is the consensus.

Rain gear or Poncho?

I'm steering towards the latter. What say ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Am I an outrageous slob that I've never had a shower in a festival and, other than after torrential rainpour, have never even felt the need to do so?

Nope - I too am of the babywipes, be grand mentality

• Advertisement

optogirl wrote: »
    Nope - I too am of the babywipes, be grand mentality

Was me also until going abroad for a festival and now I'll never look back :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement