Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I never shower at festivals, not even at glasto and thats 5 days. Most people don't bother

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Bring a watering can and a wash hand basin...as good as a shower and you can do it beside your tent.

Been doing it at the last few of Glastonbury's and at EP the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Buy one of those Winnie the Pooh or whoever baby baths, fill it from a drinking tap, pop in some radox and empty it on your head

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

everlast75 wrote: »
    what is the consensus.

Rain gear or Poncho?

I'm steering towards the latter. What say ye?

According to MTCranium:
    FURTHER OUTLOOK ... Most guidance suggests a pleasant if somewhat autumnal spell with high pressure building up during the week, would expect some quite cool nights and reasonably warm days with light winds generally after they settle down on Monday.

So looking like pleasant but autumnal weather next week. It may be far too early for weather forecasts, but Acuweather for Tullamore (which is a bit aways) says overcast on the thursday, sun and scattered showers for the friday, overcast saturday and brilliant sunshine for the sunday.

So neither, just bring your sun cream and don't worry about a thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

everlast75 wrote: »
    what is the consensus.

Rain gear or Poncho?

I'm steering towards the latter. What say ye?

Wear shorts over the weekend so poncho all the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

According to MTCranium:

So looking like pleasant but autumnal weather next week. It may be far too early for weather forecasts, but Acuweather for Tullamore (which is a bit aways) says overcast on the thursday, sun and scattered showers for the friday, overcast saturday and brilliant sunshine for the sunday.

So neither, just bring your sun cream and don't worry about a thing!

until I read you referring it to it as next week I still felt as if EP was months away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

Am I an outrageous slob that I've never had a shower in a festival and, other than after torrential rainpour, have never even felt the need to do so?

i stay in PM and its well worth it IMO
    i only have one on saturday evening when its empty
    lovely though to freshen up i find.
    crocs on to avoid verucas and off i go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

i stay in PM and its well worth it IMO
    i only have one on saturday evening when its empty
    lovely though to freshen up i find.
    crocs on to avoid verucas and off i go

If you're wearing crocs, then you have far more things to worry about than verucas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Shots fired, one dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

If you're wearing crocs, then you have far more things to worry about than verucas.
    BadTurtle wrote: »
    Shots fired, one dead.

:):):):)

no panic, serving a purpose only!
    ill have the freshest kicks on all weekend! ;)
    (A pair of grubby nike running shoes will suffice, hopefully!! hate wellies with a passion!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

gaffolino wrote: »
    I'd recommend getting a loowatt band if your gonna shower more then once. not only do you get a lovely clean toilet but you also have a styling area with hairdryers straighteners and mirrors and other beauty assortments. All toilets have lovey handsoap and moisturisers. pamper place charges you 10 for a straightener or a hairdryer. loowatt is 35 for weekend . More expensive this year mind you but was my saviour last year.

Question for you about the loowatt's, I know there's two areas they are in, eco and is it hendrix or the arena? Anyway I signed up for a wristband and it was €15? Does that cover the toilets only? I'd love access to the styling area, badly in need of the straightener but it never said anywhere that they have hairdryers etc in eco or anywhere else?
    Did you use it last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Got the Loowatt passes for meself and the sister. 35 notes but will report back if it's worth it or not going for the early bird pass next year as it's cheaper

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Question for you about the loowatt's, I know there's two areas they are in, eco and is it hendrix or the arena? Anyway I signed up for a wristband and it was €15? Does that cover the toilets only? I'd love access to the styling area, badly in need of the straightener but it never said anywhere that they have hairdryers etc in eco or anywhere else?

If you've paid €15 you might have only got the early bird access pass for the Sunday and not the weekend...
    Attached is a pic of all the options available

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Mimimcmc are you doing the Picnic this year?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it was €15 for Eco campsite people, as there's Loowatts in the Eco campsite.

it's €35 for the ones in general camping.

it was €15 for Eco campsite people, as there's Loowatts in the Eco campsite.

it's €35 for the ones in general camping.

Ah great thanks for clarifying that..
    Any idea why they're more expensive?

Did i hear somewhere that one side has access to both but the other does not?

Mimimcmc are you doing the Picnic this year?

I sure am BD! A friend won tickets, happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I sure am BD! A friend won tickets, happy days :D

So that's three now I will be sending site build pics to in the pre-event. :D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

So that's three now I will be sending site build pics to in the pre-event. :D

Ooh I'm one of the elite now :D

Ah great thanks for clarifying that..
    Any idea why they're more expensive?

Did i hear somewhere that one side has access to both but the other does not?
    I don't think there's access to the Eco ones for general people anyway, as they'd need a wristband to get into the eco campsite. not sure about the other way round.

from checking the 2 links, the general one has running water, and specifically mentions hair-dryers/straighteners, whereas the Eco just has hand sanitizer, and no mention of electrical stuff (maybe someone who used them last year knows if they had them though?):

https://www.loowatt.com/electricpicnic.html
    https://www.loowatt.com/electricpicniceco.html

you could ask them on social media/email though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

I don't think there's access to the Eco ones for general people anyway, as they'd need an eco wristband to get into the eco campsite. not sure about the other way round.

from checking the 2 links, the general one has running water, and specifically mentions hair-dryers/straighteners, whereas the Eco just has hand sanitizer, and no mention of electrical stuff (maybe someone who used them last year knows if they had them though?):

https://www.loowatt.com/electricpicnic.html
    https://www.loowatt.com/electricpicniceco.html

There was a tent to the right of the toilets last year in Eco, seemed to have mirrors and chairs there for people making themselves pretty... I didn't need them as I'm pure daycint anyway.

I used the Eco ones in the main campsite last year when I got caught short on the way home, no bother.

offical 2018 map PDF:
    https://www.irishtimes.com/polopoly_fs/1.3603153.1534855839!/menu/standard/file/EP2018_MAP.pdf

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/electric-picnic-2018-here-s-your-first-look-at-the-festival-map-1.3603147

The official Electric Picnic map has been released in advance of this year’s festival, which will welcome 52,000 people to Stradbally, Co Laois, over the weekend of August 31st-September 2nd. This year’s event has been sold out for months, and those with tickets will be eagerly awaiting more details of what’s in store and when.

You can download a PDF of the site map here.

Final stage times for the full three days will be published exclusively next week on irishtimes.com, starting on Monday, August 27th. This year’s line-up features more pop and R&B acts, with the chart-toppers Dua Lipa, Sigrid, Raye and Stefflon Don playing smaller stages across the weekend.

As Electric Picnic has got bigger in recent years, the number of huge sponsored stages has grown, and you’ll see droves of people dancing outside vaping and fast-food stages to some unknown DJ. But if you wander away from the main area you can find quiet spaces for new musical discoveries or old-fashioned divilment.

Make sure you hit the Other Voices stage for an intimate gig from the likes of Dowry, David Kitt and Stella Donnelly, explore the colourful nooks and crannies of the Body&Soul arena or get lost in the Trailer Park for what might feel like 10 years but is really a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

I haven't gone in about two years and this time I will be driving. Where is the best place to camp? Is parking alright to get there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I haven't gone in about two years and this time I will be driving. Where is the best place to camp? Is parking alright to get there?

Parking is fine and it depends on what you want in the campsite. Look at this graphic for a guideline

http://thedeskofmatthew.com/electricpicnic/

We're heading down on Thursday this year for the second year in a row, parking in red. Went down around 6pm on the Friday in 2016 and can't remember where we parked but do remember a trek because we were so far away. I reckon the earlier you get down there the closer you'll be parking wise.

Best place to camp depends on what you're looking for. If you're 17 go for Hendrix. Wilde is Hendrix's older brother, in his mid to late 20s I reckon, so well able to have campsite craic, with less kids getting sick on themselves than in Hendrix. Joplin, Warhol and Chaplin are fairly tame.

We're heading down on Thursday this year for the second year in a row, parking in red. Went down around 6pm on the Friday in 2016 and can't remember where we parked but do remember a trek because we were so far away. I reckon the earlier you get down there the closer you'll be parking wise.

Best place to camp depends on what you're looking for. If you're 17 go for Hendrix. Wilde is Hendrix's older brother, in his mid to late 20s I reckon, so well able to have campsite craic, with less kids getting sick on themselves than in Hendrix. Joplin, Warhol and Chaplin are fairly tame.

Thanks for that!

I'm actually off on the Friday so I could well go down on Thursday night to get ahead of the game and traffic.

Parking is fine and it depends on what you want in the campsite. Look at this graphic for a guideline

http://thedeskofmatthew.com/electricpicnic/

I remember this one alright! Still applies I guess :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Thanks for that!

I'm actually off on the Friday so I could well go down on Thursday night to get ahead of the game and traffic.

You will need a early ticket to get in on Thursday

Thanks for that!

Nae bother. Early entry tickets are €25 excl. booking fee on Ticketmaster. Well worth payin the extra few quid to set up camp and get a good look around the campsite before the madness starts. Plus an extra night of drinking and craic, can't go wrong. Last year the carnival in Hendrix was up and running but not much else bar food stalls. Hopefully they'll have a few more bits on this year but haven't looked into it much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Estelle Costanza

We're heading down on Thursday this year for the second year in a row, parking in red.

How did you manage that? We came in our usual way that always gets us into red, but it was closed and we were directed to green. Total ballache of a walk to eco camp from there. This was about 4pm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement