Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

This year i will get up early on the friday and take the non motor way route to try and get into green, red is a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Judes wrote: »
    Can I whisper that I'm kinda happy about seeing Johnny Logan (kind of a guilty pleasure from the old Euro day's when Ireland used to WIN the Eurovision) Of course Generation EP won't know what that actually means :confused:

Same here. Have a huge guilty pleasure adoration for What's Another Year? Whether it's nostalgia or whether it's a decent track I've never worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bemmet

JOhnny Logan
    Bewitched
    Jesus this EP is really pulling the proverbial.
    A dire list just keeps on getting worse ...just when you thought it wasnt possible

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Give me Johnny Logan any day over the likes of Gavin James, picture this etc in the second announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

bemmet wrote: »
    JOhnny Logan
    Bewitched
    A dire list just keeps on getting worse ...just when you thought it wasnt possible
    Oh ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Ah the Electric Ireland stage is meant to be a piss take what are people expecting.

Rfrip wrote: »
    Give me Johnny Logan any day over the likes of Gavin James, picture this etc in the second announcement

You have a point

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

How did you manage that? We came in our usual way that always gets us into red, but it was closed and we were directed to green. Total ballache of a walk to eco camp from there. This was about 4pm.

No clue tbh, that’s just where we were directed to. Can imagine the trek however 🙈 hands in bits from carrying the booze etc. Actually I brought an aul granny style trolley for my drink last year, worked a treat and reusing this year 👌ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

I assume they’ll release the day x day breakdown before the weekend so or will we not find out what days people are on until stage times? I seem to recall last year knowing the days but not the times before the last week

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

neddynono wrote: »
    I assume they’ll release the day x day breakdown before the weekend so or will we not find out what days people are on until stage times? I seem to recall last year knowing the days but not the times before the last week

Don't hold your breath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

neddynono wrote: »

Dont think they have ever done that. Stage times from early next week would be the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Don't hold your breath

Irish times said they’ll start releasing stage times next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Poorside wrote: »
    Irish times said they’ll start releasing stage times next Monday.

I don't think there'll be anything before then though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

JOhnny Logan
    Bewitched

You had your hopes set on the Electric Ireland stage to make your weekend, did you? Disappointed there's no Samantha Mumba?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

BadTurtle wrote: »
    You had your hopes set on the Electric Ireland stage to make your weekend, did you? Disappointed there's no Samantha Mumba?
    waiting on the zippy the dog dj set

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

JOhnny Logan
    Bewitched

Just got word on the grape vine.
    Pope Francis doing a cover of John Paul 2's 80's hit 'Young People of Ireland, I Love You'
    Midnight.
    Saturday.
    Electric Ireland stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

According to the map there seems to be no showers in the botique Camping area.

Not overly impressed with that

BadTurtle wrote: »

You completely miss my point.
    Logan is in keeping with a really piss poor line up -in my opinion.
    Which last time i looked was allowed in here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I wouldn't get too wound up about it, haven't you about another twenty or so other stages and venues you can go to, went to the ESB stage 2 years ago for the craic to see Bananarama, but going no where near that stage this year. Bemmet, Electric Picnic is a very big place with a sh1tload happening, just stay away from the top right near Green Crafts and you need not hear Johnny Logan. There's a lot of sh1t in the lineup but there is some damn good acts too. Youtube the sh1t out of the lineup, there's gold in there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Limerick91 wrote: »
    According to the map there seems to be no showers in the botique Camping area.

Not overly impressed with that

There will be showers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭endainoz

That's the whole point of the electric Ireland stage, pure cheese, guilty pleasures for some people. Hardly a stage to take seriously, had loads of craic at 2 Unlimited a few years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

As opposed to other years, Five, The Vengaboys, SClub Pickarandomnumber

Logan is a cheese legend. Also, the line up on this most inconsequential of all tents includes a Mercury Award winner in Heather Small.

endainoz wrote: »
    That's the whole point of the electric Ireland stage, pure cheese, guilty pleasures for some people. Hardly a stage to take seriously, had loads of craic at 2 Unlimited a few years ago!

Very true, if EI were to book Cyndi Lauper or Wamdue Project I'd be in there like a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I wouldn't get too wound up about it, haven't you about another twenty or so other stages and venues you can go to, went to the ESB stage 2 years ago for the craic to see Bananarama, but going no where near that stage this year. Bemmet, Electric Picnic is a very big place with a sh1tload happening, just stay away from the top right near Green Crafts and you need not hear Johnny Logan. There's a lot of sh1t in the lineup but there is some damn good acts too. Youtube the sh1t out of the lineup, there's gold in there.
    Ah here. Sense? Don't talk that ****e in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

Not going to lie, the line up is poor for me as well, severe lack of interest for me in the mid tier acts (the tent dwellers) which is usually my thing,

but at this stage I think it's time to see the positives which is what this page is all about, We're all going, it's going to be a laugh, there's loads of great music there if you delve a bit, it's time to look forward to a great weekend, escape the rat race for a few days, in a field!!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

endainoz wrote: »

Anyone looking for pure unadulterated cheese this year need to check out Smash Hits - Sunday around 7pm I’d say. Legends, do all the 90s classics and dressed in quintessentially 90s trackies.

Mad random clip of the Prodigy in Iceland last year, hopefully we don't get the same weather. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

I for one am wound up about it. I have no issue with cheese or nostalgia and can almost understand the draw of walking on cars, picture this , but Johnny Logan was always ****e chicken and chips cabaret ala Twink, June Rogers, Nathan Carter and any number of ****e artists. They have no place at a music festival with any ounce of creditability.
    And I know the argument is you don't have to see them, but they devalue the festival by the fact they are there and open the door for tolorence of more ****e. As the manics say " if we tolerate this....."

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Mad random clip of the Prodigy in Iceland last year, hopefully we don't get the same weather. :)

Gotta love Keith Flint. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fe1hunzo

Would it be ridiculous/sad to head to EP solo? (be honest)

Friends pulled out but I still REALLY want to head down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement