Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭urbangoo

0d98c8edfa10b1c3e57145be8728c567efdf9f4cdb2b68a3dcaf57b8ee2e6095.jpg

Yeah, it is good news...for fans like me who don't have to make the trip down to Electric Picnic now!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

Here’s an utterly mad idea, could we u2 headlining?

I think it's actually more likely than previous years, they've already played Croke park and the 3 Arena recently so if they're looking to play Ireland again next year EP might a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I think it's actually more likely than previous years, they've already played Croke park and the 3 Arena recently so if they're looking to play Ireland again next year EP might a good option.

As much as I don't want this to happen, this is just never going to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah wouldn't they just play Slane again so they could squeeze in that extra 30,000 punters.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Card was stolen a few weeks back and need to get in touch with Ticketmaster re instalment plan. Updated all my info in my account but haven't seen any money taken out for this installment. Does anyone have a number for them, or could I go to the kiosk in SSG and fix up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Card was stolen a few weeks back and need to get in touch with Ticketmaster re instalment plan. Updated all my info in my account but haven't seen any money taken out for this installment. Does anyone have a number for them, or could I go to the kiosk in SSG and fix up?

You need to ring them re installment plan. I lost my card and changed my card details online but rang to double check. They need to do it manually on their system or they'll charge your old card
    0818 719 300

• Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I just got an email from Electric Picnic.ie that 2018 tickets go up in price Friday 8th December at midday, so you were warned.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

Any idea on when the Sunday tickets go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Dow99 wrote: »
    Any idea on when the Sunday tickets go on sale?

Sunday tickets normally go on sale around the time of the main annoucement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Carroller wrote: »
    You need to ring them re installment plan. I lost my card and changed my card details online but rang to double check. They need to do it manually on their system or they'll charge your old card
    0818 719 300

I just did this because I paid first installment on a gift card & then the second one failed - they were able to take payment over the phone. Number above is for sales - number for CS regarding previous bookings is 0818 903 001

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

tickets bought :-)
    Based on the Mad Cool festival line up , and because ive seen all three this year and would love see them @ my favorite weekend of the year im praying and hoping for below..
    QOTSA - Friday Night
    Justice - Sat Night
    Depeche Mode - Sunday Night
    Can all but hope........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Snow Patrol could be a possibility

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

ah jaysus

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id be happy with them (please dont shoot me) although im still convinced they might do Longitude and maybe Belsonic (or save the big Belfast show till 2019)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Based on the Mad Cool festival line up , and because ive seen all three this year and would love see them @ my favorite weekend of the year im praying and hoping for below..
    QOTSA - Friday Night
    Justice - Sat Night
    Can all but hope........

They would be good headliners alright. None of them seem to have any dates past July yet but it is only December in fairness. Hard to predict who will turn up at EP in 2018, lots of the names I was hoping for have been ruled out already with gigs in Ireland earlier in the year (Gorillaz, The War on Drugs, The National, Future Islands, Arcade Fire). Last years lineup was fairly unpredictable so this year could be the same again.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

QOTSA - Friday Night
    Justice - Sat Night
    Can all but hope........

They would be good headliners alright. None of them seem to have any dates past July yet but it is only December in fairness. Hard to predict who will turn up at EP in 2018, lots of the names I was hoping for have been ruled out already with gigs in Ireland earlier in the year (Gorillaz, The War on Drugs, The National, Future Islands, Arcade Fire). Last years lineup was fairly unpredictable so this year could be the same again.
    Last years line up was disappointing to be honest, probably the worst in 10 years, especially when it comes to headliners. I still had a great weekend with good friends but would love if EP pulled something amazing out of the bag, instead of the usual "its not 'just' about the music' comment that comes out after a disappointing announcement. For a 50k + festival, a decent r&r band, a dance option for sat night, and a throwback / legend band for sunday shouldn't be too off what they can afford, and would cater for almost all. I am seriously considering Mad Cool as I wont hold my breathe for EP to deliver, but would love if at least two of QOTSA/Justice/Depeche Mode were announced.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Last years line up was disappointing to be honest, probably the worst in 10 years, especially when it comes to headliners. I still had a great weekend with good friends but would love if EP pulled something amazing out of the bag, instead of the usual "its not 'just' about the music' comment that comes out after a disappointing announcement. For a 50k + festival, a decent r&r band, a dance option for sat night, and a throwback / legend band for sunday shouldn't be too off what they can afford, and would cater for almost all. I am seriously considering Mad Cool as I wont hold my breathe for EP to deliver, but would love if at least two of QOTSA/Justice/Depeche Mode were announced.

After Outkast and A Tribe Called Quest i think they would go down really well. Can see them doing Bestival (if the rumours are true that they are gonna tour next year)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

My fingers are still crossed for leftfield to play leftism. Chemical brothers too soon maybe?
    I'd imagine we should see one or two big dance acts next year seen as this year had none (I wouldn't really count Pete Tong with an orchestra and/or Jenny Greene).
    Although bicep were great and made a fan of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Leftfield only played leftism here a month ago!

PS. It was great

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

kg703 wrote: »

PS. It was great

It certainly was :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

kg703 wrote: »

PS. It was great
    Yep! I would have gone if it was a standalone event as opposed to another festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I don't think Madcool's headliners are any indication as to who will play the Picnic. The 2nd/3rd string (Kasabian/Snow Patrol **gulp**) on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

After Outkast and A Tribe Called Quest i think they would go down really well. Can see them doing Bestival (if the rumours are true that they are gonna tour next year)

they'd be much better suited to Longitude, especially as the new album features Rihanna, Kendrick, Future, Ed Sheeran, Gucci Mane...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

reminder that tickets go up to full price tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

reminder that tickets go up to full price tomorrow.

Was it this time last year that they sold out as soon as they went on sale or was that in march

Can’t tell one year from the last anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

They sold on the day of the first band announcement last year. possibly just before they were announced though.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

Anyone know when the tickets get sent out?

I ordered two the first day they went on sale and haven't received them yet and was meant to give one as a Christmas Present.

I thought the last few years I had bought them they arrived before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Orbital are playing a show in Dublin early August, never heard of the venue, wondering if this rules them out of the EP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Orbital are playing a show in Dublin early August, never heard of the venue, wondering if this rules them out of the EP?

I'd imagine so.

Jon Hopkins will surely be the big dance act next year unless he does body and soul. He has a new album coming out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I would say it does rule them out. We need Justice tbh. I’ve no idea if they’ll still touring by then but they’d go down a treat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement