Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Not at all. Go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Mucker46

fe1hunzo wrote: »
    Would it be ridiculous/sad to head to EP solo? (be honest)

Friends pulled out but I still REALLY want to head down.

Have been going on my own since 2012, although I don't camp as relatives nearby. Always have a great time and meet interesting people.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Festivals on your own, festivals with a partner, festivals with one or two friends and festivals with a big group (e.g. those annoying stag at festival ideas) are all very different experiences.

For me, as you go up the scale there is more drunken antics but you see less music. With more people there is more compromise e.g. if I was going with a big crowd i might get sucked into seeing bands i dont want to see vs the bands i do. Equally, however, if i go on my own i wouldnt end up seeing random bands who i end up liking.

So its different but not necessarily worse. Plus, if you look at it another way, the other people arent going down as well. Thats a shame, but move on. The choice is now whether to go to EP or to sit at home gardening, or renewing your insurance, or whatever it is people do.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

bemmet wrote: »
    You completely miss my point.
    Logan is in keeping with a really piss poor line up -in my opinion.
    Which last time i looked was allowed in here

Luckily for you there are hundreds of people who dont share your views looking for tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

From going with a large group years ago I head down with just one other person now. We tend to split every now and then due to acts clashing or one of us convinces the other to go see someone. A few years ago he went down with a new girl he was seeing I couldn't stand her mates so I was basically on my own for the weekend. It was brilliant got chatting to so many people seen what I wanted and I was surprised at how many people go down alone. I'd have no problem doing it again if I had to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

haitens wrote: »
    From going with a large group years ago I head down with just one other person now. We tend to split every now and then due to acts clashing or one of us convinces the other to go see someone. A few years ago he went down with a new girl he was seeing I couldn't stand her mates so I was basically on my own for the weekend. It was brilliant got chatting to so many people seen what I wanted and I was surprised at how many people go down alone. I'd have no problem doing it again if I had to.

I'm heading on my own this year for just the second time in 13 visits-sneakily looking forward to wandering and wandering and wandering without having to meet up at certain times in certain places... the ol' 'right hand side of the sound desk' meet up spot will be redundant this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Peterd66 wrote: »
    I for one am wound up about it. I have no issue with cheese or nostalgia and can almost understand the draw of walking on cars, picture this , but Johnny Logan was always ****e chicken and chips cabaret ala Twink, June Rogers, Nathan Carter and any number of ****e artists. They have no place at a music festival with any ounce of creditability.
    And I know the argument is you don't have to see them, but they devalue the festival by the fact they are there and open the door for tolorence of more ****e. As the manics say " if we tolerate this....."

It’s a music festival that celebrates diversity, loads of people will enjoy it but not one person will now be searching for a ticket on the back of him being there. No need to spend time or energy getting wound up about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

What good guitar bands would people recommend ?

naughtb4 wrote: »

Wolf Alice, Fontaines Dc, Otherkin, Bitch Falcon, Gang of Youths, Pillow Queens.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

naughtb4 wrote: »

Define guitar?

Folk, soft rock, hard rock, pop rock, metal, alternative?

You've everything from garbage as a soft rock band to Ash as a (whisper it!) pop rock band, to bitch flacon as a heavy rock band to gomez as alternative to gang of youths as rock. Then put on top of that other bands like engine alley, delorentos, Fontaine dc, Ben howard, St Vincent etc....

Depends on what kind of music your into

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Craigmc06

Hi all, it’s my first time going to EP and thinking of driving down. I’m just wondering is it possible to go back and forth to my car. I was thinking of leaving some clothes and drink in the car when I park it on the Friday so I’m not carrying everything down to the campsite at once’s. Would I be able to go down to the car on Saturday and/or Sunday to get things as I need them? Any other tips would be appreciated.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Craigmc06 wrote: »
    Hi all, it’s my first time going to EP and thinking of driving down. I’m just wondering is it possible to go back and forth to my car. I was thinking of leaving some clothes and drink in the car when I park it on the Friday so I’m not carrying everything down to the campsite at once’s. Would I be able to go down to the car on Saturday and/or Sunday to get things as I need them? Any other tips would be appreciated.

Yes that's absolutely possible.
    I do a trip back to the car each morning for the days drinking needs

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

Craigmc06 wrote: »
    Yes u can come and go as u please..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Define guitar?

Folk, soft rock, hard rock, pop rock, metal, alternative?

You've everything from garbage as a soft rock band to Ash as a (whisper it!) pop rock band, to bitch flacon as a heavy rock band to gomez as alternative to gang of youths as rock. Then put on top of that other bands like engine alley, delorentos, Fontaine dc, Ben howard, St Vincent etc....

Depends on what kind of music your into

Ahh i had forgotten Gomez were going to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Looking for good rock guitar band check out the minutes playing Jerry fish. Good ol fashioned rock n roll. Irish too

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Nile Rogers and Chic....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Not bothered by the Johnny Logan inclusion, although my missus (who is not going) and our 13 yr old, are winding me up about it, how I must be thrilled about it etc. Assholes, the pair of them.

I have never been to that tent and I certainly don't expect that to change this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Nile Rogers and Chic....

They did say it at their gig in Malahide, in not so many words

Nile Rogers and Chic....

Bit of an unexpected one, they were great a few years back and really got the crowd going.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

That's the heritage act sorted. Had a feeling they'd make a mini 3rd main announcement this week. Expect a few more acts to be drip fed during week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Fantastic, good time festival band.

Would expect them to play the 10 o clock slot on Saturday and then Massive attack to close it out when it’s nice and quiet for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

That’s a surprisingly big name addition one week out. Wonder if there are more surprises..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Unbelievable. I know we have probably all seen them multiple times now but they are going straight in as my number one to see of the festival! Have seen them 3 times now and every time they have been great. Exactly what was missing for me. Excitement into over drive now!!

And with Pharrell knocking about we might get ‘Get lucky’ just need to add Daft Punk now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Fantastic, good time festival band.

Again I'm not too bothered, but its a bit of a lazy booking isn't it?

Who hasn't seen this act before? Does Nile Rogers live in Ireland or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

That's the heritage act sorted. Had a feeling they'd make a mini 3rd main announcement this week. Expect a few more acts to be drip fed during week.
    I said it last week on here that i didnt think EP would let the final two weeks lead up to the festival be occupied by people talking about ATN and buying early bird ATN tickets. fingers crossed :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Unbelievable. I know we have probably all seen them multiple times now but they are going straight in as my number one to see of the festival! Have seen them 3 times now and every time they have been great. Exactly what was missing for me. Excitement into over drive now!!

Same! Saw them at picnic a few years ago, blew me away! Then went to see them in the marquee cork and big top limerick.. you're guaranteed a good night with Chic! Defo going to see them again this year :D

Again I'm not too bothered, but its a bit of a lazy booking isn't it?

Who hasn't seen this act before? Does Nile Rogers live in Ireland or something?

Snob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Oooh, I know they've played a few times in Ireland in the last while but I've not managed to see them before.

Happy days:)

I'm working at it but the stuff we're doing is only for a few hours on the Saturday and Sunday afternoon so I can't wait to get the times and get organising.

Not going to lie my work productivity is gradually going downhill since I'm getting excited.

My first time at EP too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement