Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Same! Saw them at picnic a few years ago, blew me away! Then went to see them in the marquee cork and big top limerick.. you're guaranteed a good night with Chic! Defo going to see them again this year :D

Saw them at EP and was blown away by the experience of it, then went to see them in Limerick expecting a watered down effort, that man doesn’t know how to dial it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

Why are they still announcing stuff though? Especially in drips and drabs. Give me a chunk plz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Poorside wrote: »
    Snob.

I am, but only when it comes to music.

Back in the day, I loved Chic. Some incredibly good music and Nile Rogers is one of my absolute favourite guitarists, but its just a bit meh in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I hope they give Chic a late evening slot on the Saturday or Sunday. It would be the ideal time for them. Please don't have them in a headline slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I hope they give Chic a late evening slot on the Saturday or Sunday. It would be the ideal time for them. Please don't have them in a headline slot.

Main stage around 8 or 9 o'clock on the Saturday would be ideal. They are playing in Montenegro the night before then over to the States for the following weekend so wouldn't be too surprised if they played on the Friday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Unbelievable. I know we have probably all seen them multiple times now but they are going straight in as my number one to see of the festival! Have seen them 3 times now and every time they have been great. Exactly what was missing for me. Excitement into over drive now!!

Yes!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

Definitely a different approach this year to the announcements and seeing a lot more promotion this week on TV and on the radio too.  Has to be something to do with ATN.  Expecting the final, final announcement on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Has anyone noticed that the map lacks a certain quality control?
    The Eco campsite is shown as a huge square, which it isn't.
    The whole section of Mindfield, Electric Arena, Rankins Wood Stage and a bush are shifted over to the right. The roof of the Cosby stage is shifted over from its base.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Made up with Chic! Third time seeing them in less then a year but I don't care. Always have a ball at them and Nile is some showman

I know it could change, but the weather is looking near perfect fo the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Kepler21 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that the map lacks a certain quality control?
    The Eco campsite is shown as a huge square, which it isn't.
    The whole section of Mindfield, Electric Arena, Rankins Wood Stage and a bush are shifted over to the right. The roof of the Cosby stage is shifted over from its base.

It's not an ordnance survey map. It's meant to be a quick reference to show you where things are in relation to each other, that means cutting some detail for better usability.

Bit like complaining the london underground map is not a true topographic representation of the depths of the tracks and stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I said it last week on here that i didnt think EP would let the final two weeks lead up to the festival be occupied by people talking about ATN and buying early bird ATN tickets. fingers crossed :-)

and an act that formerly did all their business with POD iirc, recently switching to MCD/FR/LN here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

It's not an ordnance survey map.

Bit like complaining the london underground map is not a true topographic representation of the depths of the tracks and stations.

Its absolutely not the same thing. London tube map is a schematic map.

If you want a "proper" tube map you can have that too...
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/224813/response/560395/attach/3/London%20Connections%20Map.pdf

Thats not very useful but mildly interersting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Delighted with Chic - wouldn't be interested in seeing Massive Attack at all so has given me a headliner probably sat to look forward to.
    Kendrick Fri & Chic Sat will be the first time I've been at mainstage headliners in a couple of years!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Saw them the first time they played the picnic -it was in the electric arena late on the sat night- amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Chic are always good, but I do agree it's a fairly easy booking at this stage - they only played Cork, Belsonic and Malahide in June, been at the marquee at least twice before that, at least two EPs, Forbidden Fruit, Iveagh Gardens, 3arena, big top...I mean, it's kind of hilarious how often they're here at this stage, they play more often than any big Irish band.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

What’s with the tv and radio ads lately for the picnic. If they are sold out. Just a bit odd timing wise

Snarky Snark Snark

Its absolutely not the same thing. London tube map is a schematic map.

If you want a "proper" tube map you can have that too...
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/224813/response/560395/attach/3/London%20Connections%20Map.pdf

Thats not very useful but mildly interersting.

ok, fair enough, not the exact same thing, EP map though is a rough map of where everything is and always has been. It's never been an exact map of the site.

Snarky Snark Snark

What’s with the tv and radio ads lately for the picnic. If they are sold out. Just a bit odd timing wise

Could have had a bigger marketing budget with ATN on scene and they have the early birds on sale in 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Chic are always good, but I do agree it's a fairly easy booking at this stage - they only played Cork, Belsonic and Malahide in June, been at the marquee at least twice before that, at least two EPs, Forbidden Fruit, Iveagh Gardens, 3arena, big top...I mean, it's kind of hilarious how often they're here at this stage, they play more often than any big Irish band.

I for one couldn't be happier to see them on the line up. Never been able to make one of their gigs before, definitely going to enhance the feel good spirit, between them on Saturday (hopefully) and Dublin Gospel Choir on Sunday afternoon I'll be grinning like a cheshire cat all weekend :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

ok, fair enough, not the exact same thing, EP map though is a rough map of where everything is and always has been. It's never been an exact map of the site.

This is true. This one is a lot rougher than previous years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 conork12

The ads are gas! More like ads for "Beautiful Stradbally" than EP

This mornings announcement seems to have done exactly what it was meant to do, everyone is gushing about it all over social media and even the local newspapers are running it, the feel good factor and the FOMO just went through the roof and next year is already a guaranteed sell out imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Well I'm happy re. Chic - nostalgia covered - this will be the one band I will dance to for EVERY song as I did at Marquee. Brill fun - all ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Be interesting to see now how the main headliners pan out... With Nile Rogers a late addition are we expecting him Sat/Sun afternoon slot or late night... Still assuming that the five act at the top of the poster get the last slot/slots on the main stage....
    Personally I'd prefer to see him in a late night slot Fri or Sat...

So we know...
    Sun - The Prodigy
    Sat - Massive Attack / N.E.R.D

Where do we see Kendrick and Picture This fitting in... And Nile Rogers???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Be interesting to see now how the main headliners pan out... With Nile Rogers a late addition are we expecting him Sat/Sun afternoon slot or late night... Still assuming that the five act at the top of the poster get the last slot/slots on the main stage....
    Personally I'd prefer to see him in a late night slot Fri or Sat...

So we know...
    Sun - The Prodigy
    Sat - Massive Attack / N.E.R.D

Where do we see Kendrick and Picture This fitting in... And Nile Rogers???
    The easy option would be a 1-2-3 of NERD, Massive Attack and Chic on the Saturday, though I could see Chic being before Kendrick on the Friday too.

Snarky Snark Snark

Chic could be after Kendrick or Massive on either of the nights in the same way that Pete Thong closed out main stage last year one of the nights after the bigger headliner

• Registered Users Posts: 22 roly123

They've balanced out the lineup quite nicely now. A bit of luck with the weather and we'll be sorted for a fantastic weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

BadTurtle wrote: »
    The easy option would be a 1-2-3 of NERD, Massive Attack and Chic on the Saturday, though I could see Chic being before Kendrick on the Friday too.

Chic as the late night act on Sat would be class..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

I see Chic doing the Sunday like last time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement