Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Be interesting to see now how the main headliners pan out... With Nile Rogers a late addition are we expecting him Sat/Sun afternoon slot or late night... Still assuming that the five act at the top of the poster get the last slot/slots on the main stage....
    Personally I'd prefer to see him in a late night slot Fri or Sat...

So we know...
    Sun - The Prodigy
    Sat - Massive Attack / N.E.R.D

Where do we see Kendrick and Picture This fitting in... And Nile Rogers???

I would think it's a safe bet that Kendrick Lamar will do the Friday night. I would guess then Picture This on the Sunday and Chic either Saturday before NERD or Friday before Kendrick maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Well played EP..all the moaning on here and social media a few weeks ago about the late announcement (of which I did my fair share) seems to be almost forgotten. The feel good factor is back and the people still pissed off and not going next year will be replaced by people with FOMO. Delighted with Chic.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gkhant

LONG time stalker, first time poster, so be gentle peeps!

Personally very happy with Chic being added. I've seen them about 5-6 times at this stage but am never dissapointed by the legend Mr. Rodgers, even if they do keep the playlist pretty much the same. I'm hoping for a evening spot myself which would geta nice happy vibe going and a lot of dancing (and I do not dance in normal circumstances!!).

Question for posh bastidges in Festihuts: I've booked these guys for the first time but have not been able to get through to them via any of the contact options. All I want to know is do they do the early entry on Thursday??? Anyone know from last year perchance??

This year I will be spending most of my time at the Salty Dog and Jerry Fish, who have, in my opinion, been the salvation of EP2018 by massively improving the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

gkhant wrote: »

Personally very happy with Chic being added. I've seen them about 5-6 times at this stage but am never dissapointed by the legend Mr. Rodgers, even if they do keep the playlist pretty much the same. I'm hoping for a evening spot myself which would geta nice happy vibe going and a lot of dancing (and I do not dance in normal circumstances!!).

Question for posh bastidges in Festihuts: I've booked these guys for the first time but have not been able to get through to them via any of the contact options. All I want to know is do they do the early entry on Thursday??? Anyone know from last year perchance??

This year I will be spending most of my time at the Salty Dog and Jerry Fish, who have, in my opinion, been the salvation of EP2018 by massively improving the lineup.

You can only get in on Thursday with an early entry pass regardless of where you're staying I think, could be wrong but that's my understanding of Thursday camping anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

gkhant wrote: »

Haven't stayed with them but with Pink Moon for Thurs you need the EP early entry ticket (€25) and a Pink Moon early entry pass (€10)..
    I assume these would be similar.. I was able to add the Pink Moon pass to my booking online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

mimimcmc wrote: »
    I see Chic doing the Sunday like last time

They did Saturday last time

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Chic as the late night act on Sat would be class..

Massive attack will finish Saturday night.

Personally,I think chic is for the day trippers on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Chic went on at 00:35am on the main stage last time they played in 2014 on the Saturday night and it was epic.

reading people above saying they played all sorts of slots above last time lol

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gkhant

Haven't stayed with them but with Pink Moon for Thurs you need the EP early entry ticket (€25) and a Pink Moon early entry pass (€10)..
    I assume these would be similar.. I was able to add the Pink Moon pass to my booking online.

Exactly, I know it was the same for the likes of PodPads last year too, but there's been nothing from the Festihut about this for this year.

My problem is, I got an general early entry ticket (I like the extra evening of not dealing with reality!), but it could be a waste of money if I can't get access to the Festihut too.

Much confusion in my simple brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Chic are a great late addition, any guesses on further late additions?

Also, too early to talk weather?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Chic are a great late addition, any guesses on further late additions?

Also, too early to talk weather?

its over a week away, so Yes.

anything close to reliable only comes in about 4 days before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Chic will be playing Jerry Fish, obvs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Chic will be playing Jerry Fish, obvs

The announcement says main stage.

nc6000 wrote: »
    The announcement says main stage.

Yeesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Has anyone got any suggestions for good food that's always at EP? Always end up eating Eddie Rockets or dry ass burgers etc. Although the corn dogs from the little van outside Trailer Park are unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mistertrixy

Anyone on here done Harvest Moon/ Boutique camping before?
    First time doing it since we recently had a kid and figured we'd actually need some sleep for the first year at a festival on the Sunday night.

How do you enter the arena from Harvest Moon?
    Is it just through Hendrix and main entrance or is there also an entrance down by Mindfield?

Also, someone in work told me you get some sort of a VIP pass which is meant to be handy for a bar/viewing area for Main Stage - is there any truth to this? (might be handy for Kendrick if its rammed)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Has anyone got any suggestions for good food that's always at EP? Always end up eating Eddie Rockets or dry ass burgers etc. Although the corn dogs from the little van outside Trailer Park are unreal.

Home Fries and Cheesy Bread are my two favorites. Simple and reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Saba noodles. Box of noodles, spring rolls & a soft drink for €10. My EP reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Kinara Kitchen - Indian
    Barracuda (in the campsite) - Pork and Potatoes
    Corn dogs are fantastic
    Pieminister
    Saba Noodles

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mistertrixy

Kinara kitchen is very good but the que can be massive depending on timing.
    There is a place in Trenchtown that does really good Jerk chicken also if you're into that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I live on the big burritos over the weekend, messy as **** but load them with Jalapeños and I'm in heaven

Went for the wings twice in 2016. Really good. Nice crispy chips with them too. You'll hate yourself afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

This is something I've been wondering too.. What are the best food suggestions??

I can barely remember what I have eaten the past few years so it must not have been anything spectacular. Had a really nice pizza just past the comedy tent, there is like a sit down area where you can eat it, think the place began with a P.. Also had the cheesy bread which is unreal! Other than that I think it is just the average stuff.

Wok N Roll made me sick the last time I had it and I will never ever eat from the Charcoal Grill again, the driest burger I have ever tasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 stucat94

Anyone got any recommendations for vegan food stalls?

Need to go eat properly this year, last year just ended up getting hammered and stuffing my face with chips most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Despite my occasional moaning about the sub-par lineup and the sloppy map, I am really looking forward to this now. All we need is some decent weather.

Speaking of the map, does anyone know what "LA FURA DELS BAUS" is?

Snarky Snark Snark

LA FURA DELS BAUS

This is where Dr Evil had his testicles ritually shown by a Zoroastrian named Velma.*

*May not be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

stucat94 wrote: »
    Anyone got any recommendations for vegan food stalls?

Need to go eat properly this year, last year just ended up getting hammered and stuffing my face with chips most days.

There's some great vegan food inside of body and soul. Don't remember the name, but it's near the tiny tea tent if I recall correctly. I remember getting a good few falafel wraps last year as well. And chips...

Snarky Snark Snark

Speaking of the map, does anyone know what "LA FURA DELS BAUS" is?

googling shows it actually as being the big acrobatic show thingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

googling shows it actually as being the big acrobatic show thingy.

I feel stupid now. Google first, ask questions later ... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Pancake Palace done some nice eats, worth checking out.

This German stall for mouthwatering sandwiches.
    dsc04264.jpg?w=525&h=394

Got lovely tacos from here at the 2016 edition.
    dsc04916.jpg?w=525

The Lebanese Kitchen and Kinara Kitchen are worth a visit too.

And finally Wokn'Roll always do a great meal, which I can never finish so can't do a better recommendation than that.

Also Charcoal Grill for my burger tastes, an amazing steak burger.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement