Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

This is something I've been wondering too.. What are the best food suggestions??

I can barely remember what I have eaten the past few years so it must not have been anything spectacular. Had a really nice pizza just past the comedy tent, there is like a sit down area where you can eat it, think the place began with a P.. Also had the cheesy bread which is unreal! Other than that I think it is just the average stuff.

Wok N Roll made me sick the last time I had it and I will never ever eat from the Charcoal Grill again, the driest burger I have ever tasted.

I won't lie, half the time I come home wondering what the hell I ate all weekend cos I was p***ed when I was getting food. Apart from the occasional bagel from the Bagel Factory in Wilde, can't remember much of what else is there. Will defo check out the cheesy bread! I'm a fiend for noodles as well so that's another one I'll try.

Cheers everyone for the suggestions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Has anyone got any suggestions for good food that's always at EP? Always end up eating Eddie Rockets or dry ass burgers etc. Although the corn dogs from the little van outside Trailer Park are unreal.

Kinara Kitchen, adare farm, wok n roll, bad boys BBQ, couple of burrito places, piemeister.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Kinara is my Friday welcome! So so much good food down there just avoid the burger vans!

Surely they won’t miss the trick and have nerd and Nile on the same day for get lucky?! That would be great.

This latest possibility of announcements has given me that tiny tiny hope that young fathers still might make an appearance. That would make my weekend.

I’m so excited about the line up overall. Lots of bands I know I like lots I want to see, plenty of crap ones to pull the younger crowd away. All i need is something reasonably clash free - I’m looking at you prodigy and st Vincent

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

Hello one and all!

Gearing up for my first ever EP, and first ever camping festival!

Looking for a few tips, when it comes to keeping the drink cool (is it even possible?). Thinking of a cooler box/bucket that we'll fill with ice every day and dumping the cans in? Is that madness, is there ice available in the shops?

Probably will have lots of stupid questions over the next week but this seems like the perfect place to ask them!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

A193 wrote: »
    Looking for a few tips, when it comes to keeping the drink cool (is it even possible?). Thinking of a cooler box/bucket that we'll fill with ice every day and dumping the cans in? Is that madness, is there ice available in the shops?

You can buy a bag of ice in the campsite shop for a fiver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Nialler9 said this in his blog today "This morning, Nile Rodgers and Chic were added to the lineup as a last minute surprise and I can bet confidently there will be at least 1 or 2 more names added when the stage times are announced next week."

As far as I know he is the manager of Le Boom so that pretty much confirms they will be playing, as another poster said they were playing Saturday night. Wonder if we can expect anyone else, I am hoping for Ships.

Hello one and all!

Probably will have lots of stupid questions over the next week but this seems like the perfect place to ask them!

I bring a cooler, but freeze water at home and put that in for the drive in, grab a bag of ice then and top up when I get there. All my cans are cold Friday and I'm too hungover to care Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Nialler9 said this in his blog today "This morning, Nile Rodgers and Chic were added to the lineup as a last minute surprise and I can bet confidently there will be at least 1 or 2 more names added when the stage times are announced next week."

As far as I know he is the manager of Le Boom so that pretty much confirms they will be playing, as another poster said they were playing Saturday night. Wonder if we can expect anyone else, I am hoping for Ships.

Yup, Le Boom on Sat in Cosby

maximoose wrote: »
    You can buy a bag of ice in the campsite shop for a fiver.
    I bring a cooler, but freeze water at home and put that in for the drive in, grab a bag of ice then and top up when I get there. All my cans are cold Friday and I'm too hungover to care Saturday

Helpful, thanks! I'm more inclined to need my drink to get colder the more hungover I feel!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

ricerocket wrote: »
    Definitely a different approach this year to the announcements and seeing a lot more promotion this week on TV and on the radio too.  Has to be something to do with ATN.  Expecting the final, final announcement on Friday.

I agree, I don't think they've ever done so much promotion and for a festival as old as EP, you'd think they wouldn't even bother with advertising too much at this stage.

I'm delighted about Chic but do agree, it seems a bit "lazy". I'd be hoping for Chic, Pharrell and some Get Lucky, I'd be disappointed if that doesn't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Anyone on here done Harvest Moon/ Boutique camping before?
    First time doing it since we recently had a kid and figured we'd actually need some sleep for the first year at a festival on the Sunday night.

How do you enter the arena from Harvest Moon?
    Is it just through Hendrix and main entrance or is there also an entrance down by Mindfield?

Also, someone in work told me you get some sort of a VIP pass which is meant to be handy for a bar/viewing area for Main Stage - is there any truth to this? (might be handy for Kendrick if its rammed)
    First post here...
    We went with boutique camping the last couple of years, with LPM Bohemia the former and Silk Road Tents the latter year. The entrance was always through the Hendrix site, although, there was a "performer" pathway after coming out of Boutique/Harvest Moon before you got to the Hendrix site. If you were lucky and security were unaware you could get through, but it was hit and miss. There was not a Mindfield entry point.
    As for the VIP area, yes, we were able to get to this with the Boutique wristbands. I checked with Silk Road Tents who we're going with again this year and they said that the wristbands would work this year again for the VIP area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

NERD have played Get Lucky at a few gigs this summer, so Nile could turn up during their set. Considering he's here 24/7, stronger chance of him hanging round than Pharrell. Kendrick and Pharrell do a few songs together as well, Alright is part of the Neptunes medley, and Don't Don't Do it and Kites have Kendrick featured on them on NERDs new album. Would be great to see some collaborating between headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Kepler21 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that the map lacks a certain quality control?
    The Eco campsite is shown as a huge square, which it isn't.
    The whole section of Mindfield, Electric Arena, Rankins Wood Stage and a bush are shifted over to the right. The roof of the Cosby stage is shifted over from its base.

yeah, i think a layer of things has been messed up there, and shifted to the right, a bar and comedy tent are outside the arena according to it, an entrance/exit icon plonked in the middle of the kids field, and as you say, the top half of the Cosby tent completely separate the rest of it.
    plus all the different icons that aren't finished (Red Bull most notably), the random squares/shapes that haven't been finished, text bleeding on top of each other (Abbeyleix Road, Entrance/Arena times, etc).
    seems like a draft version that no-one has bothered to finish/check. very sloppy.

e: seems that everything has been fixed on the one on the official site: https://www.electricpicnic.ie/map
    https://www.electricpicnic.ie/sites/live.inviqa.electricpicnic.ie/files/images/ep2018_4720_public_map_approved_16.08.18.png

Another one, when is best to arrive on the Friday. We're driving, should we try be there early as possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

We always get a Kinara on the Friday. It’s so so good. And the queue looks long but it moves fast. I like it’s position as well. You can eat in peace away from noise bleed.

Hate the way the main food area is subject to Heineken + 3 + Logic all assaulting you from different angles.

Pieminister is great but it hasn’t been there since 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Also Pink Moon bar was under new management last year, and the food offering was awful. Also watch out there for short changing barmen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Another one, when is best to arrive on the Friday. We're driving, should we try be there early as possible?

Yep. Earlier you get there, the earlier you can open that first magical can

Earlier the better. It gets very busy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I am, but only when it comes to music.

Back in the day, I loved Chic. Some incredibly good music and Nile Rogers is one of my absolute favourite guitarists, but its just a bit meh in 2018.

Is it really? Some of the greatest disco tracks of all played by one of the greatest guitarists of all. Seen them twice, both fab, and I'd expect the same again next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Hello one and all!

Do you drink Heineken? I would say this will make an appearance again this year. we keep 48 cans in the Heineken cold room all weekend and just went up for them as we needed them....

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/heinekenr-cold-rooms-returns-electric-picnic-bigger-and-colder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

Despite my occasional moaning about the sub-par lineup and the sloppy map, I am really looking forward to this now. All we need is some decent weather.

Speaking of the map, does anyone know what "LA FURA DELS BAUS" is?

Its down beside Fossets Circus on the map

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

This is something I've been wondering too.. What are the best food suggestions??

I can barely remember what I have eaten the past few years so it must not have been anything spectacular. Had a really nice pizza just past the comedy tent, there is like a sit down area where you can eat it, think the place began with a P.. Also had the cheesy bread which is unreal! Other than that I think it is just the average stuff.

Wok N Roll made me sick the last time I had it and I will never ever eat from the Charcoal Grill again, the driest burger I have ever tasted.

The Italian next to Mindfield is very good, big portions and not to pricy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Saw them the first time they played the picnic -it was in the electric arena late on the sat night- amazing

Missed that as they clashed with the return of The Jesus and Mary Chain. Tough call, especially after everyone took great joy in telling me I'd missed the act of the weekend.

And would Nile not be a bit miffed to be below Picture This on the poster?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Also Pink Moon bar was under new management last year, and the food offering was awful. Also watch out there for short changing barmen

I find this happens more on Sunday... I had to correct 2 different bar staff on sunday last year... 1 of my group also was short changed on the sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mistertrixy

First post here...
    We went with boutique camping the last couple of years, with LPM Bohemia the former and Silk Road Tents the latter year. The entrance was always through the Hendrix site, although, there was a "performer" pathway after coming out of Boutique/Harvest Moon before you got to the Hendrix site. If you were lucky and security were unaware you could get through, but it was hit and miss. There was not a Mindfield entry point.
    As for the VIP area, yes, we were able to get to this with the Boutique wristbands. I checked with Silk Road Tents who we're going with again this year and they said that the wristbands would work this year again for the VIP area.

Yea I'm not very active here either, mainly just reading posts about EP.
    Thanks for the heads up....its not an issue anyway having to use the Hendrix entrance as we spend a lot of time in Other Voices/ Trenchtown/ Salty Dog so makes sense to go that way.

I normally hate anything VIP but if it means shorter ques and cleaner loos I'll definitely try it out this year.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Has anyone got any suggestions for good food that's always at EP? Always end up eating Eddie Rockets or dry ass burgers etc. Although the corn dogs from the little van outside Trailer Park are unreal.

there's a kind of light green/turquoise colour van that does great steak sandwiches in the main area that is my go to for main meal!
    I usually get a filthy breakfast roll in that little hut on the walkway between salty dog down to Pink Moon to start my day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Do you drink Heineken? I would say this will make an appearance again this year. we keep 48 cans in the Heineken cold room all weekend and just went up for them as we needed them....

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/heinekenr-cold-rooms-returns-electric-picnic-bigger-and-colder

on that link it says Kiosk only open 10am-8pm Friday,
    does that mean you can only purchase cans on the Friday from off license?
    I usually buy a tray per day down there.

also any advice for people taking the bus down on how to transport 48 cans each around!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

Thanks for the heads up....its not an issue anyway having to use the Hendrix entrance as we spend a lot of time in Other Voices/ Trenchtown/ Salty Dog so makes sense to go that way.

I normally hate anything VIP but if it means shorter ques and cleaner loos I'll definitely try it out this year.

Cheers!

from silk road, if you go through to the 'Vip area' there is direct access to the main stage arena from there, we used it all the time last year when staying with silk road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

First post here...

Cheers!
    Yeah, we didn't even use the VIP area last year. We didn't feel the atmosphere there the first time round. Handy though if you're partial to ceramics!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement