Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

showpony1 wrote: »

also any advice for people taking the bus down on how to transport 48 cans each around!

Hit the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

d_levins wrote: »
    Yea I'm not very active here either, mainly just reading posts about EP.
    Thanks for the heads up....its not an issue anyway having to use the Hendrix entrance as we spend a lot of time in Other Voices/ Trenchtown/ Salty Dog so makes sense to go that way.

I normally hate anything VIP but if it means shorter ques and cleaner loos I'll definitely try it out this year.

Cheers!

from silk road, if you go through to the 'Vip area' there is direct access to the main stage arena from there, we used it all the time last year when staying with silk road.
    You're kidding me!!!! Seriously? You mean we didn't have to go all the way to the boutique entrance and through Hendrix??? If so, what was security like? Do I still need to get my foldable bags for wine down my jocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

showpony1 wrote: »
    on that link it says Kiosk only open 10am-8pm Friday,
    does that mean you can only purchase cans on the Friday from off license?
    I usually buy a tray per day down there.

also any advice for people taking the bus down on how to transport 48 cans each around!

Arrive with however many cans you want to put in on the Friday, and just keep coming back to it as you need. You register there and then, AFAIK there's no pre-registration.

Last year I just arrived with 2 slabs on the Friday, those lasted me through the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

You're kidding me!!!! Seriously? You mean we didn't have to go all the way to the boutique entrance and through Hendrix??? If so, what was security like? Do I still need to get my foldable bags for wine down my jocks?

yeah, you missed out on that entrance, and there was no searches, strolled through to the main stage drink in hand . .

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

d_levins wrote: »

yeah, you missed out on that entrance, and there was no searches, strolled through to the main stage drink in hand . .
    ....hitting me head off the desk here.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Daithi has announced that he's closing out Body & Soul on the last night. So he'll be double gigging. Logic then B&S

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Where abouts at EP is your favourite place to enjoy a gig or to chill out?

I had a quick count of the stages there and can count 35 (:eek:) different stages or areas, that is fecking insane!! I reckon I have only ever been to about half of them. There are probably some that I am forgetting too.

My favourite is probably the Body & Soul main stage, I love flaking out on the hill listening to a band during the day or at night time when it's a bit more lively. One of the best picnic gigs I was ever at was Plutonic Dust closing the main stage there 2 or 3 years ago. Big fan of the Jerry Fish tent and the trailer park as well (although was never in Jimmy Lees Juke Joint).

Never bought into the Salty Dog really, doesn't get many acts that interest me and it always feels like there is too much foot traffic walking through. Never been to Other Voices either and have never been at a gig in Trenchtown only walked through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I had a quick count of the stages there and can count 35 (:eek:) different stages or areas, that is fecking insane!! I reckon I have only ever been to about half of them. There are probably some that I am forgetting too.

My favourite is probably the Body & Soul main stage, I love flaking out on the hill listening to a band during the day or at night time when it's a bit more lively. One of the best picnic gigs I was ever at was Plutonic Dust closing the main stage there 2 or 3 years ago. Big fan of the Jerry Fish tent and the trailer park as well (although was never in Jimmy Lees Juke Joint).

Never bought into the Salty Dog really, doesn't get many acts that interest me and it always feels like there is too much foot traffic walking through. Never been to Other Voices either and have never been at a gig in Trenchtown only walked through it.

Love Salty dog in the mornings, good place to sit down and plan out plans that won’t be kept, big fan of Trailer Park though, usually has a real party atmosphere around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Yeah, Body and Soul stage with the hill there would be my ideal chill out spot in between acts if we've a few hours, or after the main acts. Last year we spent most of the night there on Sunday - my cousin was on the Electric Ireland stage earlier in the day so just stuck with him and the band for the night afterwards at Body and Soul, best night of the festival.

As much as I'm looking forward to the festival as a whole I really can't wait for Dublin Gospel Choir on Sunday afternoon. Great for just sitting chilling with a pint listening to some great voices belt out some classics. Trailer Park is a good filler as well but like yourself, I've not checked out much of what else the festival has apart from these two, main stage, and tents in the main arena. Should change that but it's looking like my busiest picnic ever so probably won't happen this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

I could be wrong but in my experience the collaborations that we all hope for don't tend to happen very often at EP - not like the bigger UK festivals where the acts know they are being televised and want to create some additional PR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Poorside wrote: »
    Love Salty dog in the mornings, good place to sit down and plan out plans that won’t be kept, big fan of Trailer Park though, usually has a real party atmosphere around there.

Trailer park my fav. Partial to a bit of mid-afternoon Caravanaoke

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Could someone with the know how to edit Clashfinder please add the SoundGarden stage times.. Really want to see Wild Youth and clashfinder is my bible for the weekend... Thanks

https://twitter.com/TodayFM/status/1032245552115802113

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Body & Soul main stage - Here. standard
    the trailer park Here too!

Salty Dog - It's gotten far too busy to be enjoyable. The little bar behind the boat is great if you can get a pass ;)
    Other Voices.Deserves a bigger venue. Can get crowded out there too by times

I do like the Mindfield of a Sunday afternoon. It is like an old peoples Zoo out there though!! :D
    The Artlot gang run a tidy little ship out in the woods. Great bunch of lads- they've added more musicians to their bill this year too I see.
    Pat them a visit folks. They do it for the love!
    Can't abide all the noise and crap at the Booze, 2FM & Semi State Government Utility company stages/ Concession areas...a regrettable addition to the Post John Reynolds Era Picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

Do you drink Heineken? I would say this will make an appearance again this year. we keep 48 cans in the Heineken cold room all weekend and just went up for them as we needed them....

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/heinekenr-cold-rooms-returns-electric-picnic-bigger-and-colder

I do, so definitely will use this! Although, how is it if your (planning) on staying in Wilde? Is it awkward to go to and from? Does it take ages to register and then collect them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mucker46

B&S main stage great chill out zone. Also one of the smaller areas in there has a raised area beside it for sitting down and usually quiet with a dj playing something not too raucous. Disagree re salty dog with the right band the atmosphere there is great and do mighty blaas to keep hunger at bay. Big fan of OV for atmosphere but can get very hot and my kids have spotted me dancing in subsequent OV EP specials on the telly. Went to 2 acts over the years in the craft/eco area and while not lively over their it is a great spot if you need to get away from it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭The Davestator

A193 wrote: »
    I do, so definitely will use this! Although, how is it if your (planning) on staying in Wilde? Is it awkward to go to and from? Does it take ages to register and then collect them?

Only take a second to register once they have room. We had to wait for some people to make some withdrawals one year, but it didnt take long.

they're the coldest cans you'll ever drink. Bring a little insulated can holder for max enjoyment.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Crashed a few times outside the comedy tent, couple of pints in hand and just flake on the grass listening to some funny stories from the tent..

Only take a second to register once they have room. We had to wait for some people to make some withdrawals one year, but it didnt take long.

they're the coldest cans you'll ever drink. Bring a little insulated can holder for max enjoyment.

Those can insulators are such a good idea, I'm on the hunt!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Could someone with the know how to edit Clashfinder please add the SoundGarden stage times.. Really want to see Wild Youth and clashfinder is my bible for the weekend... Thanks

Updated.. Clashfinder coming along nicely. If only a few other areas would release their times!

https://clashfinder.com/s/ep2018/

Those can insulators are such a good idea, I'm on the hunt!

The ColdRoom is on the same pathway as the shops, toilets, way into the main stage etc. If you get there early enough, camp close enough to this main pathway so that it will be a quick enough jaunt up to use the jacks, grab some cans, or pop into the shop.

And if you camp just off a laneway going through the campsite off the pathway (if I'm still making sense) you wont trip over too many tent wires on the way back to the tent after the rave in the woods...

We done that one year and its really handy.

Not too close tho...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

There's over 30 acts I want to see on this list. Obviously I won't get to them all, but that is incredible going really.

Super excited for this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

eplady2017 wrote: »

Met them in a bar once. Pilled outta their heads refusing to get out of our seats telling everyone they were in a band.

Rockstars :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The build up to last years EP Kiasmos were touted a lot, a band that I've massively fallen in love with.

Anybody have anything of that ilk that I may be missing this time around?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Updated.. Clashfinder coming along nicely. If only a few other areas would release their times!

https://clashfinder.com/s/ep2018/

Thanks for that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I have some great late nights in the Village Hall over the years. Often overlooked and usually good craic.

The ColdRoom is on the same pathway as the shops, toilets, way into the main stage etc. If you get there early enough, camp close enough to this main pathway so that it will be a quick enough jaunt up to use the jacks, grab some cans, or pop into the shop.

And if you camp just off a laneway going through the campsite off the pathway (if I'm still making sense) you wont trip over too many tent wires on the way back to the tent after the rave in the woods...

We done that one year and its really handy.

Not too close tho...

Which campsite is this?

I see on the map too it says 'Heineken and Orchard Thieves Cold Room', might be doing both this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 montybo

Times are out for the Jerry Fish stage on his website if anyone wants to add them to the clashfinder

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭keepwalking

My boyfriend and I used the Cold Rooms last year and thought it was great. It took a while to put our cans in when we arrived on Friday, as there was a queue of people waiting to collect cans previously left in, but once I'd left them in, it was dead handy.

Any time we were at the Salty Dog, we popped around to collect a few and I also grabbed a couple when he texted me saying Elbow were about to play in Other Voices - ran out of Minefield, up to the Cold Rooms and along to OV! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

My boyfriend and I used the Cold Rooms last year and thought it was great. It took a while to put our cans in when we arrived on Friday, as there was a queue of people waiting to collect cans previously left in, but once I'd left them in, it was dead handy.

Any time we were at the Salty Dog, we popped around to collect a few and I also grabbed a couple when he texted me saying Elbow were about to play in Other Voices - ran out of Minefield, up to the Cold Rooms and along to OV! :D

sorry if its been answered before but where are the cold rooms?... is there more than one?

• Advertisement

Which campsite is this?

I see on the map too it says 'Heineken and Orchard Thieves Cold Room', might be doing both this year!

Fantastic, cold cider, thats class.

the Andy Warhol Campsite is where we camped, can you see the spot where the ColdRoom is flanked by showers, shops, coldroom and offlicence. Camp just a little bit off the laneway coming from the main pathway.

We'll be neighbors at this stage :D

edit:
    Map

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement