Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I have some great late nights in the Village Hall over the years. Often overlooked and usually good craic.

I have only been in there once but thought it was a good spot. It is kind of caught in no mans land out there between the fun fare and the Electric Ireland tent, generally don't go over to that side of the festival very often since I jumped ship from Hendrix a few years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Fantastic, cold cider, thats class.

the Andy Warhol Campsite is where we camped, can you see the spot where the ColdRoom is flanked by showers, shops, coldroom and offlicence. Camp just a little bit off the laneway coming from the main pathway.

We'll be neighbors at this stage :D

edit:
    Map

Doesn't say anything about Orchard Thieves on the site. Actually says only Heineken and the light stuff

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/heinekenr-cold-rooms-returns-electric-picnic-bigger-and-colder

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

montybo wrote: »
    Times are out for the Jerry Fish stage on his website if anyone wants to add them to the clashfinder

I actually might skip the main act on the Saturday to see LeGalaxy on this stage instead

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭keepwalking

jobless wrote: »
    sorry if its been answered before but where are the cold rooms?... is there more than one?

Its in the Andy Warhol campsite, I think there's only one.

Doesn't say anything about Orchard Thieves on the site. Actually says only Heineken and the light stuff

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/heinekenr-cold-rooms-returns-electric-picnic-bigger-and-colder

Fear not, that news is from 2017, they didn't put up a news post this year. If you look at the map a couple of post up, it says it on there its Heineken and Orchard Thieves. Makes sense if their trying to push Orchard Thieves...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭keepwalking

That's talking about 2017 - Heineken Light was being heavily promoted this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

I was thinking the best option for a crew of 25 year olds was gonna be Wilde, but I wonder what way the Warhol would be, who are the general crowd there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Heineken Light... why?

Heineken is bad enough but jesus, you can at least get wankered on the stuff. Low alcohol Heineken has to be the worst form of self abuse since Becks produced their non alcy wee water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I actually might skip the main act on the Saturday to see LeGalaxy on this stage instead

You could spend a lot of Saturday in there in fact, Mick Flannery, Frank & Walters, The Minutes, Le Galaxie, Mother DJs... excellent day of music right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

ricerocket wrote: »
    I could be wrong but in my experience the collaborations that we all hope for don't tend to happen very often at EP - not like the bigger UK festivals where the acts know they are being televised and want to create some additional PR.

Hozier will come out on stage during someone's set that's about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

A193 wrote: »
    I was thinking the best option for a crew of 25 year olds was gonna be Wilde, but I wonder what way the Warhol would be, who are the general crowd there?

I'm 26 and wouldn't consider going anywhere else but Wilde. But am biased as haven't camped anywhere else since I started going to EP. We're heading down on Thursday and hoping to camp at the same spot as last year - it has a horse jump which doubles as a bench :cool: willing to fight any man woman or child who attempts to camp there before us!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭divide_by_zero

I'm 26 and wouldn't consider going anywhere else but Wilde. But am biased as haven't camped anywhere else since I started going to EP. We're heading down on Thursday and hoping to camp at the same spot as last year - it has a horse jump which doubles as a bench :cool: willing to fight any man woman or child who attempts to camp there before us!

Challenge accepted :D

http://thedeskofmatthew.com/electricpicnic/ Link to the benefits of each campsite. Do people really notice that much? Generally I think they are mostly the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

The addition of Chic has really brought up my anticipation of the festival, I'd go see either them or Kendrick at their own gigs which can't say about last years headliners! List at moment looks like this for me; I always end up missing half the acts I list out but somehow never miss the extra things like Attention bebe, mother Djs and smash hits in electric Ireland each year!

Kendrick Lamar
    Chic
    Dua Lipa
    Yxng Bane
    NERD
    Sigrid
    Stefflon Don
    The Kooks
    Ash
    Inner Circle
    Attention Bebe
    Smash Hits
    Mother Djs
    Sing Along Social

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

http://thedeskofmatthew.com/electricpicnic/ Link to the benefits of each campsite. Do people really notice that much? Generally I think they are mostly the same...

I think they're all fairly similar except Hendrix. Couldn't believe what it was like last year and the year before - like a shanty town. Wilde is a good bit more tame, and can't say much for the other as I haven't really been in them. Looking forward to going around Eco to get to Loowatt just to see what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I think they're all fairly similar except Hendrix. Couldn't believe what it was like last year and the year before - like a shanty town. Wilde is a good bit more tame, and can't say much for the other as I haven't really been in them. Looking forward to going around Eco to get to Loowatt just to see what it's like.
    you won't be allowed into the Eco campsite without a wristband for the campsite though?

Hendrix and Wilde are like Mogadishu compared to Joplin/Chaplin/Eco/PM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Always camp in Wilde - close to Salty Dog for pre-arena cans and not as manky as Hendrix - still a bit manky mind you

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Can anybody recommend me a good power bank which would hopefully last me the full weekend that also isn't too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Can anybody recommend me a good power bank which would hopefully last me the full weekend that also isn't too expensive

Last the whole weekend is 'a how long is a piece of string' job. What phone do you have, or what do you want to power? That way we can extrapolate what you will need.

Very ballpark; Look for a 10000 mah pack and use your phone sparingly. If you are mad using GPS, internet etc forget about it. A 10000 mah pack may charge a phone three times today if you are lucky.

I have had this for the past year or two.

https://www.anker.com/store/powercore-10050/A1311011

A bit pricier but the cells are excellent therefore guaranteed 10,000mah capacity, its a solid piece of aluminium so its virtually indestructible and it will charge recent phones very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Something over 10,000mAH with 5V 2.1A output should do you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

Knex. wrote: »
    The build up to last years EP Kiasmos were touted a lot, a band that I've massively fallen in love with.

Anybody have anything of that ilk that I may be missing this time around?

Mount Kimbie..!!

https://youtu.be/-x1TFxao0oI

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

Any ideas what time & where Nina kraviz would play

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Any ideas what time & where Nina kraviz would play

she's playing elsewhere on the Friday, so it'll have to be Saturday or Sunday, probably last or 2nd last in the Electric Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

As someone who spent there first three picnics in Wilde before spending the next 5/6 in Joplin there is a massive difference . Wilde is just one step below Hendrix , which is like a war zone . Thinking back I don't know how I hacked Wilde, but I suppose I was young and foolish back then , and could cope with two hours kip

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Nilbert99

I'm very old and confused at this point. I'm considering a strategic shower at some stage over the weekend. I remember many years ago there was a large public shower - I think it was a marquee with communal freezing showers. did the job and cleared the head. Does that still exist? Or is there just the little posh ones now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Nilbert99 wrote: »
    I'm very old and confused at this point. I'm considering a strategic shower at some stage over the weekend. I remember many years ago there was a large public shower - I think it was a marquee with communal freezing showers. did the job and cleared the head. Does that still exist? Or is there just the little posh ones now?

There are shower blocks, there was never communal showers

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Last the whole weekend is 'a how long is a piece of string' job. What phone do you have, or what do you want to power? That way we can extrapolate what you will need.

Very ballpark; Look for a 10000 mah pack and use your phone sparingly. If you are mad using GPS, internet etc forget about it. A 10000 mah pack may charge a phone three times today if you are lucky.

I have had this for the past year or two.

https://www.anker.com/store/powercore-10050/A1311011

A bit pricier but the cells are excellent therefore guaranteed 10,000mah capacity, its a solid piece of aluminium so its virtually indestructible and it will charge recent phones very fast.

I just want something which will keep my phone going for a full day at least. I've an iPhone. I don't plan on being on it too much as I'm not 'one of those', I plan on enjoying the festival with friends. But would also like to have the comfort of knowing I won't be without battery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

I just want something which will keep my phone going for a full day at least. I've an iPhone. I don't plan on being on it too much as I'm not 'one of those', I plan on enjoying the festival with friends. But would also like to have the comfort of knowing I won't be without battery

As posted below me, 10,000mah + and something that gives a current output of 2.1A+ (This is important as otherwise it will charge your phone at a snails pace).

You will see both of these on the pack.

To be honest, if you just want something for this weekend alone, get something cheap. The euro stores do battery packs which are actually fairly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Nilbert99

Nilbert99 wrote: »

There are shower blocks, there was never communal showers
    oh allow you me Sir, but there was many years ago. A huge tent thingy, with wooden flooring. Unless I showered in somebodys gazeebo , in which case I do apologise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 conork12

gaffolino wrote: »
    Thinking back I don't know how I hacked Wilde, but I suppose I was young and foolish back then , and could cope with two hours kip

Did 3 tours of Hendrix in my youth. Great memories but seeing it on Sunday night/Monday morning last year I have no idea how I did it.

Do you think it has gotten worse over the years or I have I just gotten older?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement