Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

As posted below me, 10,000mah + and something that gives a current output of 2.1A+ (This is important as otherwise it will charge your phone at a snails pace).

You will see both of these on the pack.

To be honest, if you just want something for this weekend alone, get something cheap. The euro stores do battery packs which are actually fairly good.

I noticed that Lidl have one in stock tomorrow for 12.99, I wonder if that would do the job

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

evani1976 wrote: »

I don't mean to be pedantic, but Mount Kimbie are nothing like Kiasmos.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

I just want something which will keep my phone going for a full day at least. I've an iPhone. I don't plan on being on it too much as I'm not 'one of those', I plan on enjoying the festival with friends. But would also like to have the comfort of knowing I won't be without battery

if you don't plan on using the charger long term, Dealz are selling portable chargers for €1.50. They wont last but you'll get a charge or two out of them.

I bought 2 of them the other day to keep me going.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I noticed that Lidl have one in stock tomorrow for 12.99, I wonder if that would do the job

Depends on the mAh if it's any value, website doesn't say

They have a few camping specials starting tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

I see the Silvercrest power bank with Solar Charger. I wouldn't touch it. Apparently its only 5000mah, probably far bigger than a normal bank on its own and the solar part of it isn't worth a damn :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Kettle316 wrote: »
    if you don't plan on using the charger long term, Dealz are selling portable chargers for €1.50. They wont last but you'll get a charge or two out of them.

I bought 2 of them the other day to keep me going.

These? http://www.dealz.ie/usb-light-up-phone-charger

No, that is just a light up cable I think. You will just have to have a shop around Dealz, eurostore, Mr.Price etc if you get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Estelle Costanza

Nilbert99 wrote: »
    oh allow you me Sir, but there was many years ago. A huge tent thingy, with wooden flooring. Unless I showered in somebodys gazeebo , in which case I do apologise.

Yep this was definitely a thing. They were up at the back of Wilde. Christ I'm having flashbacks now, there were longdrops up there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm very old and confused at this point. I'm considering a strategic shower at some stage over the weekend. I remember many years ago there was a large public shower - I think it was a marquee with communal freezing showers. did the job and cleared the head. Does that still exist? Or is there just the little posh ones now?

Are you sure your not referring to the showers in the GAA field during the All Ireland Fleadh Cheoil.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

evani1976 wrote: »

Big fan of Mount Kimbie alright.

Here's the list I have for acts that I like and are more on the electronic side of things.

Nina Kraviz
    Denis Sulta
    Mall Grab
    Mount Kimbie
    Peggy Gou
    Tom Misch (really looking forward to TM)
    King Kong Company (unbelievable at B&S 2017, wasn't quite as good at EP I thought)
    La Femme
    Gundelach
    Daithi

If anyone has anything extra, please shout!

Also massively looking forward to Sevdaliza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

I just want something which will keep my phone going for a full day at least. I've an iPhone. I don't plan on being on it too much as I'm not 'one of those', I plan on enjoying the festival with friends. But would also like to have the comfort of knowing I won't be without battery

I picked up a 10000mAh in dealz for a tenner, it's probably ****e, but at that price if it works for a weekend how bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

conork12 wrote: »
    Did 3 tours of Hendrix in my youth. Great memories but seeing it on Sunday night/Monday morning last year I have no idea how I did it.

Do you think it has gotten worse over the years or I have I just gotten older?

I think it's gotten worse. I think for a lot of younger people being in the middles of the mess is nearly a badge of honour and by association I think the gowlment has increased.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I bought a Juice Powerbank last year and it was great. Have used multiple times since and get about 5 chargers or so out of it.

Think this is it https://www.amazon.co.uk/Juice-Power-Station-Extra-Capacity-Aqua-Blue/dp/B018EF7NN4/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1534955080&sr=1-8&keywords=juice+power+bank

I picked up a 10000mAh in dealz for a tenner, it's probably ****e, but at that price if it works for a weekend how bad

This. Go for this.

The dealz ones are the Poundland ones in the UK and are actually usually good, with decent cells. There are people on Youtube who review the Poundland ones should anyone be in any way interested :D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

erica74 wrote: »
    I think it's gotten worse. I think for a lot of younger people being in the middles of the mess is nearly a badge of honour and by association I think the gowlment has increased.

Of course its gotten worse if you'd taken 3 grams of ket u wouldn't be able to put ur rubbish from the night before in the bin either... Not jus a few tips that are being taken anymore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Yep this was definitely a thing. They were up at the back of Wilde. Christ I'm having flashbacks now, there were longdrops up there too.

Christ, Remember them long drops. The smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Nilbert99

I'm very old and confused at this point. I'm considering a strategic shower at some stage over the weekend. I remember many years ago there was a large public shower - I think it was a marquee with communal freezing showers. did the job and cleared the head. Does that still exist? Or is there just the little posh ones now?

Are you sure your not referring to the showers in the GAA field during the All Ireland Fleadh Cheoil.

Possibly... I just stepped out for the early Mass, and before I knew it I was showering in a field with a load of oul fellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

This. Go for this.

The dealz ones are the Poundland ones in the UK and are actually usually good, with decent cells. There are people on Youtube who review the Poundland ones should anyone be in any way interested :D

Sounds good. I’ve 4 powerbanks already and I feel I need another. The joys of having a large 3 year old Samsung and using vape pens....

kg703 wrote: »
    Sounds good. I’ve 4 powerbanks already and I feel I need another. The joys of having a large 3 year old Samsung and using vape pens....

Jeeez you could make a bed in yer tent out of the power banks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Jeeez you could make a bed in yer tent out of the power banks. :)

Had three last year and due to most of us being ex smokers and me being the only one who took up vaping, all dead Sunday evening.

I had two cigarettes after that. Fail to plan.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Possibly... I just stepped out for the early Mass, and before I knew it I was showering in a field with a load of oul fellas.

most disturbing sex dream ever...

Nialler9 said this in his blog today "This morning, Nile Rodgers and Chic were added to the lineup as a last minute surprise and I can bet confidently there will be at least 1 or 2 more names added when the stage times are announced next week."

As far as I know he is the manager of Le Boom so that pretty much confirms they will be playing, as another poster said they were playing Saturday night. Wonder if we can expect anyone else, I am hoping for Ships.

Huh? I'm sure I've seen them on one of the announcements for the peripheral stages, could be Hazelwood, Body&Soul, Trailer Park.

Found it, they were announced for somewhere in the MindField area. https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/mindfield-electric-picnic-2018

Where abouts at EP is your favourite place to enjoy a gig or to chill out?

I had a quick count of the stages there and can count 35 (:eek:) different stages or areas, that is fecking insane!! I reckon I have only ever been to about half of them. There are probably some that I am forgetting too.

My favourite is probably the Body & Soul main stage, I love flaking out on the hill listening to a band during the day or at night time when it's a bit more lively. One of the best picnic gigs I was ever at was Plutonic Dust closing the main stage there 2 or 3 years ago. Big fan of the Jerry Fish tent and the trailer park as well (although was never in Jimmy Lees Juke Joint).

Never bought into the Salty Dog really, doesn't get many acts that interest me and it always feels like there is too much foot traffic walking through. Never been to Other Voices either and have never been at a gig in Trenchtown only walked through it.

Sometimes I just like to listen to Dub so head for the Revelation Sound System at Trenchtown, other times I just like the bizarre madness and sounds whilst floating through Body&Soul. Last year I spent some time proper exploring the Trailer Park area so this year might concentrate on a bit of Hazelwood, might check out the rave in the woods again and will definitely end a night in the Haunt if its there this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

I must be the only one on here that cant stand Chic / Nile Rogers. I get that he is making a lot of people happier but I'd run far away from his set personally.

Just give me TOUTS and Fangclub in a small add on this friday and I'll be well happy.

Have gone through a lot of main acts on spotify and I'm still a bit meh about an awful lot more this time around. Still loads I will be very happy to see too though.

7 sleeps 😎🀩

I just saw a confirmation that The Haunt will be there this year, WAHOOOO! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

I just saw a confirmation that The Haunt will be there this year, WAHOOOO! :):)
    What's the haunt guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

stick it on flight mode when you're not using it and turn it off overnight, and it'll last most of the weekend without the need to charge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah Trailer Park is the place for me. I've yet to see a punter in there without a smile on his face. Loads of great feel-good acts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

stick it on flight mode when you're not using it and turn it off overnight, and it'll last most of the weekend without the need to charge it.

+1

screen brightness is the big phone drain, turn it right down
    turn off everything that your'e not using,
    location, bluetooth, wifi, etc etc
    they all drain your battery by "looking" for things

cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement