Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Yep this was definitely a thing. They were up at the back of Wilde. Christ I'm having flashbacks now, there were longdrops up there too.

Oh man, I'd forgotten about them. Nothing like a gust of wind blowing up your jacksie at 9 in the morning to shunt you into reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

anybody ever get tickets on toutless in the week leading up to EP before? I gave my early bird ticket to my niece as she was about to shell out €350 on a ticket - things pretty scarce on there at the moment....

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

roll wrote: »
    anybody ever get tickets on toutless in the week leading up to EP before? I gave my early bird ticket to my niece as she was about to shell out €350 on a ticket - things pretty scarce on there at the moment....

Demand is pretty high this year... Way more so than other years. Hopefully you can get sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Whats the consensus on Campsites? As far as I can tell

Wilde - IMO Close to main stage, heineken cold rooms, toilets, not too rough
    Hendrix - Rough, noisy but not too bad
    Joplin - Worse than above
    Warhol - The Detroit of EP, avoid

Do I have above correct? Open to correction.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

thanks

In order of quiet I would say:
    Joplin - quietest, furthest from arena
    Warhol - medium quiet, a little closer
    Wilde - not quiet, close
    Hendrix - war zone, close

I think the cold room is in Warhol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

thanks

Been going to Joplin for last 5 years , soon to be sixth year after a few years in wilde. Its like a sanctuary !! Only quieter site would be chaplin IMO. The nearer you move to main stage the noiser/rougher/kippier it gets

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

thanks

In order of quiet I would say:
    Joplin - quietest, furthest from arena
    Warhol - medium quiet, a little closer
    Wilde - not quiet, close
    Hendrix - war zone, close

I think the cold room is in Warhol.
    I went for a wander around Hendrix last year - I kept thinking of the Superdome after Hurricane Katrina...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Joplin is grand, have been there the last few years. Longer walk in, but nicer crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

maximoose wrote: »
    Joplin is grand, have been there the last few years. Longer walk in, but nicer crowd.

I am in my trusty caravan, but if i had to camp I would definitely go for Joplin. it is really only a few minutes from Hendrix and well worth the extra short walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I've stayed in Hendrix in 14,15 and 16, it's fine if you're not near the edges. People in here are being hysterical, but really I've never seen any trouble, nor had any issues with my own or my friends tents, possessions etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Thebeast078

Good Morning,

Going to EP for the first time and cannot wait. We are staying in the PM so just wondering about the best car park, presume it would be green?
    Are you assigned a carpark based on where you are staying or is it random.
    In relation to showers, we will have access to them in PM so just wondering are they just like cubicles or more like a free for all cow shed type set.

Thanks for the help..giddy elder on his first EP journey. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Hendrix last year was like the Walking Dead, I recall a massive tree being used for people to relieve themselves and it turned into a massive pool of p**s by Sat morning and stayed like that for the weekend, the smell was horrible. Later on that night a massive branch fell off in the wind onto some of the tents below, luckily no one was in them at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Good Morning,

Going to EP for the first time and cannot wait. We are staying in the PM so just wondering about the best car park, presume it would be green?
    In relation to showers, we will have access to them in PM so just wondering are they just like cubicles or more like a free for all cow shed type set.

Go early on Friday to get into Green car park and enter through the Paintball wristband exchange.

Cubicle showers in PM, they are actually some of the better ones I have seen at festivals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

thanks

pretty much all wrong tbh.
    unless that was your plan all along? ;)

Hendrix - dump, close to main stage, wedged in like sardines
    Wilde - marginally better than Hendrix, still a bit of a dump, no Cold Rooms, further from main stage, fairly cramped.
    Warhol - basically Hendrix, but a little bit quieter/less crazy, has the Cold Rooms
    Joplin - very quiet, longest walk to the main stage, plenty of room

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Go early on Friday to get into Green car park and enter through the Paintball wristband exchange.

Cubicle showers in PM, they are actually some of the better ones I have seen at festivals

No matter where you park for PM, always go to the paintball entrance, means a much smoother & shorter wooded path journey (unless you're in yellow in which case you're rightly ****ed anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Dany Hitch wrote: »
    Oh man, I'd forgotten about them. Nothing like a gust of wind blowing up your jacksie at 9 in the morning to shunt you into reality.

I think I'm the only person who prefered the long drop toilets.. the smell was so bad nobody would use, therefore, no queues, which is all I look for in a toilet :o
    (and I'm a girl)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

thanks
    Hendrix for the craic and noise!
    Wilde is the same nowadays.
    IMO it was great during the leaner years (2009 - 2012) when it only half as busy and the punters could camp wherever they wished (The Eco Camp thing only appeared in the last few years- great idea but they took my favourite spot!! :) )
    Joplin is the place to go if you want a decent-ish nights sleep.
    I'll be camping out in the Campervan site myself outside a pals Caravan in the awning if my Crew pass connection falls through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

mimimcmc wrote: »
    I think I'm the only person who prefered the long drop toilets.. the smell was so bad nobody would use, therefore, no queues, which is all I look for in a toilet :o
    (and I'm a girl)

Big deep breath before entering then GO GO GO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Good Morning,

Yep definitely green if you can get in there, most cars seem to be automatically directed towards the red car park however. Where are you coming from?

I haven't used the PM showers but yeah they are cubicles as far as I can see so plenty of privacy!

Thanks a million. Leaving Dublin at 9am so hopefully will get there before the onslaught starts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Demand is pretty high this year... Way more so than other years. Hopefully you can get sorted

I’m in the same boat looking for a ticket on adverts or donedeal. No problem other years but this year they’re scarce and when they go up it’s a frenzy. People on adverts offering 100 quid above the asking price even though it’s against the rules but it shows the demand is massive. Beginning to think this year may not happen for me but can only blame myself for never being organized enough to pick them up when they go on sale.

Yep definitely green if you can get in there, most cars seem to be automatically directed towards the red car park however. Where are you coming from?

I haven't used the PM showers but yeah they are cubicles as far as I can see so plenty of privacy!

Thanks. Heading from Dublin but can detour to get into the green as it seems to be closer to where we are staying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Thanks. Heading from Dublin but can detour to get into the green as it seems to be closer to where we are staying

Yeah if you go all the way down the M7 to stradbally I have always been diverted to Red. Last year I turned off an Monasterevin and went through Kildangan, Vicarstown and Inch Cross and ended up in Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,730 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

anybody else panicking that they haven't brushed up on the music enough.

Christ, its like the leaving cert all over again!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

everlast75 wrote: »
    anybody else panicking that they haven't brushed up on the music enough.

Christ, its like the leaving cert all over again!

I'm going to wait till stage times are announced, possibly this week then start brushing up over the weekend and next week

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Scarier than the leaving cert - times like this I sooooooo miss info and words to the songs as provided by "Smash Hits" (a music mag out fado fado).

I'm now PRAYING for no rain. It ended on such a high note last year with Duran Duran on Main Stage on a balmy night - which compared to previous year getting saturated at Lana Del Ray.

I love catching main acts but it's the wandering and popping in and out of other areas - and just feeling a bit like Alice In Wonderland the first day. I love Trailer Park - no teens - real live adults. Went to that pop up restaurant last year early on the Fri - a bit of disorganised chaos at the time - very pricey especially the vino - I stupidly thought it was like a normal restaurant i.e. you order and they cook at kitchen hidden at back somewhere - but it didn't work that way - they took your order and then ran to the various food stalls nearby so my friend was finished her meal before I'd been served. So it's worth the cost to sit down comfortably - but that's what you're paying for - the seating!!!

I'm so looking forward to the Interviews/Short Plays/Poetry in the afternoon - getting excited now. This day next week - baking and packing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,730 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Judes wrote: »
    Scarier than the leaving cert - times like this I sooooooo miss info and words to the songs as provided by "Smash Hits" (a music mag out fado fado).

I'm now PRAYING for no rain. It ended on such a high note last year with Duran Duran on Main Stage on a balmy night - which compared to previous year getting saturated at Lana Del Ray.

I love catching main acts but it's the wandering and popping in and out of other areas - and just feeling a bit like Alice In Wonderland the first day. I love Trailer Park - no teens - real live adults. Went to that pop up restaurant last year early on the Fri - a bit of disorganised chaos at the time - very pricey especially the vino - I stupidly thought it was like a normal restaurant i.e. you order and they cook at kitchen hidden at back somewhere - but it didn't work that way - they took your order and then ran to the various food stalls nearby so my friend was finished her meal before I'd been served. So it's worth the cost to sit down comfortably - but that's what you're paying for - the seating!!!

I'm so looking forward to the Interviews/Short Plays/Poetry in the afternoon - getting excited now. This day next week - baking and packing. :D

Baking

baking-product-image_grande.jpg?v=1513009046

or

"Baking"?

breakingbadvolveracomounaexperienciaenrealidadvirtuallandscape.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Davysulls86

Yeah if you go all the way down the M7 to stradbally I have always been diverted to Red. Last year I turned off an Monasterevin and went through Kildangan, Vicarstown and Inch Cross and ended up in Green.

I'm coming from Dublin first year ever this year, think I'll head my usual route in from the Portlaoise side, being a creature of habit, I know roughly where I'll park in red as I have arrived around the same time every year. Short hop into Eco, tent up, can open, sunglasses on by 10.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Don't get too excited - breakfast food - flapjacks and muffins (no undercurrents here - or currants) - they stay fresher as dairy free and keeps us going for the 3 days - sorry for disappointing you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

so can we talk about the weather now??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement