Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

...so when is that last burst of tickets being released? Have my cans, have my eco camping, have everything apart from the bollocking ticket!

There are not more tickets to be released officially.

Go to Toutless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭fourmations

Hi. Love reading this thread. I was supposed to go this year with my friend but unfortunately they can't make it now. Undecided whether to sell ticket or go anyway by myself. I haven't been to EP before. If anyone has gone before solo, I would love to know how ye got on. Thanks!

hi

bear me in mind if you are selling please
    my niece was fleeced on a ticket and she's devastated,
    big gang of her mates going,
    im on the lookout for her,

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

I got very lucky on Toutless, got a pair for 250 and a pair for 165, but it's like Black Friday on there at the moment. Maybe closer to the date.

I have so many acts I need to see! I don't know how I'm going to fit them all in.. kicking off with The Blaze at 8pm Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fe1hunzo

Hi. Love reading this thread. I was supposed to go this year with my friend but unfortunately they can't make it now. Undecided whether to sell ticket or go anyway by myself. I haven't been to EP before. If anyone has gone before solo, I would love to know how ye got on. Thanks!
    I asked about this earlier in the thread.

I decided I'm still going to go! I've spent nights at other festivals having a great time with people I had just met so I think I'll be grand. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

d_levins wrote: »
    What is the traffic like going to EP? I can't remember the last time but lets say its 2 hours on a normal day, are we talking 3 then with tailbacks to the site? This would be at 3/4pm Friday

3pm/4pm is Probably the worst time to leave Dublin at . .  I'd add at least an hour onto your journey, The earlier you leave the better.
    Ive left the last 2 years from Dublin around 1-2pm . It has been a nightmare, and have cut off unplanned both times and gone cross country on smaller roads. 2016 wasnt good, 2017 was better.
    There are roadworks on the main motorway around Naas so i will avoid that way like the plague this year.
    I will probably go down country route via Clane Prosperous and eventually cut over to portlaoise that way, its fine that way.
    Want to park in Red, like an earlier poster said, I always end up in Green over last few years. Camping in ECO so Red would be great to get to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

kerrywho wrote: »
    To anyone who went down on Thursday evening last year - how long did it take you to get in? Were there big queues?

Thinking of heading down Thursday (using public transport) and wondering if security takes long.

Can't give much of an insight into what going by public transport is like, but we drove down on the Thursday last year and it was grand. Flew through security and the stewards, security etc. were actually sounder than when I went down on the Friday the year before. Think less of a crowd means less stress for them. Would highly recommend going down on the Thursday to anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Go by yourself.
    This is my 6th year, and most of them I have either gone by myself or with my son(s) (now 21 and 19), who mostly abandon me, except when they want me to pay for their food or beer.

It becomes much more about the music and about discovery. you can wander around and discover all the different stages and areas and just soak up the atmosphere. You can decide which acts you want to see, and you should probably have a rough list, but be prepared for it to go out the window if you discover someone in passing that you really like. You can sit in the Tiny Tea Tent with a Chai latte and just relax and chat to the people beside you.

You may drink less because you're not spending lots of time sitting drinking with your mates in the campsite. You may find your neighbors in the campsite are great people and have a few cans with them. In general because you're on your own you tend to talk to the people around you and that's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

Little Picnic sounds nice.

I always cringe seeing groups of children walking around picking up cups for money while their parents are off elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

Is anyone in this thread part of the build team?
    if so, are you down there already or when are you going?

and to the real question, any Pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I went to my first five Picnics alone and these were great experiences, everyone at the Picnic is so friendly and I've made a ton of new friends in these years through doing the festival. When I started volunteering in 2011 all the other volunteers are like a big family that look out for each other, one thing for sure, the volunteers I go to the gigs with I always make sure our genres and tastes match, hence go to the gigs you want to. EP is like an adults playground, so much to see and do around the place. :D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Woo hoo how are ya I'm going down on Sunday 26th to work the pre-event from Monday to Thursday, I've already been in touch with boardsies on this thread so will be uploading site build pics possibly on the Tuesday afternoon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mushypeas12

Kepler21 wrote: »
    Go by yourself.
    This is my 6th year, and most of them I have either gone by myself or with my son(s) (now 21 and 19), who mostly abandon me, except when they want me to pay for their food or beer.

It becomes much more about the music and about discovery. you can wander around and discover all the different stages and areas and just soak up the atmosphere. You can decide which acts you want to see, and you should probably have a rough list, but be prepared for it to go out the window if you discover someone in passing that you really like. You can sit in the Tiny Tea Tent with a Chai latte and just relax and chat to the people beside you.

You may drink less because you're not spending lots of time sitting drinking with your mates in the campsite. You may find your neighbors in the campsite are great people and have a few cans with them. In general because you're on your own you tend to talk to the people around you and that's great.

Thanks for reply. Very harsh your sons abandoning you like that! Ya, I do love the line up so that's making me want to go. I'll have to make decision soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Whats the consensus on Campsites? As far as I can tell

Wilde - IMO Close to main stage, heineken cold rooms, toilets, not too rough
    Hendrix - Rough, noisy but not too bad
    Joplin - Worse than above
    Warhol - The Detroit of EP, avoid

Do I have above correct? Open to correction.
    thanks

Joplin has been the after work crowd the last few years imo. I've not seen or had an issue there the last 4 or 5years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Listening to the Orielles there, Sugar Tastes like Salt is an absolute banger. Hope they do the full 8 minutes live!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mushypeas12

fe1hunzo wrote: »
    I asked about this earlier in the thread.

I decided I'm still going to go! I've spent nights at other festivals having a great time with people I had just met so I think I'll be grand. :)

We'll have to meet up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Flyingfug86

Woo hoo how are ya I'm going down on Sunday 26th to work the pre-event from Monday to Thursday, I've already been in touch with boardsies on this thread so will be uploading site build pics possibly on the Tuesday afternoon. :)

My first year on a crew. 3rd Picnic. All my work is off site but I get to go to the full show. Where is crew camping and I've been also told there's a crew car park? I'll be down very very early Friday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Just listened to Erol Alkan with Lauren Laverne on BBC6. He played loads of great stuff - Le Tigre, New Order, his Franz Ferdinand remix & Ghost Culture. Are his sets always so varied? If so I'll pop into the Heineken thingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

MsMojave wrote: »
    Little Picnic sounds nice.

I always cringe seeing groups of children walking around picking up cups for money while their parents are off elsewhere.

The vast majority of those parents are watching nearby. 'don't go anywhere I can't see you', is the rule in our family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

The build started weeks ago, some volunteers on here will be down there from next Thursday to get set up and given their rosters.

My first year on a crew. 3rd Picnic. All my work is off site but I get to go to the full show. Where is crew camping and I've been also told there's a crew car park? I'll be down very very early Friday morning

You go through Stradbally (main st) and take a right or a left if you come from the other direction at the last pub (Dunnes Pub) after passing the Gala, Chemist into a square kind of area (Courthouse Square) and straight up there (Timahoe Road) till you see signs for GAA and Staff Camping. There should be a security guy in dayglo to direct traffic into the turn. The crew camping and car park is in the same field, I think the yellow car park is next to us. You get accredited either at the Body&Soul Office near the exit in the same field or you might have to go through the hole in the wall, staff entrance into the Electric Picnic site. Hope that helps.

• Advertisement

Given the online frenzy for tickets it'd be interesting to hear Jim Carroll's response given he told us recently that we were fools for buying in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fe1hunzo

Absolutely! :)

Drop a message into the thread next week or a DM and we can arrange something.

This is great stuff on the campsites guys.

As a bit of an older gentleman who would like a small amount of sleep, I'm thinking Joplin is the best spot. Specifically the bottom part of joplin, furthest away from the Rave in the Woods (I'm thinking the Sunday night, when I try sleep off 4 days of drink before driving home the next day.)

The coldrooms are fairly close, and its not too long a walk into the main arena. Also being close to the Salty Dog stage etc is good, for pre-drinking during the day before heading into the main arena and being shafted on festival prices for the rest of the night.

It also has the benefit of less queues for the toilets as far less busy. When camping in Warhol we used to walk up there to use them and fill up water as it took half the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Flyingfug86

You go through Stradbally (main st) and take a right or a left if you come from the other direction at the last pub (Dunnes Pub) after passing the Gala, Chemist into a square kind of area (Courthouse Square) and straight up there (Timahoe Road) till you see signs for GAA and Staff Camping. There should be a security guy in dayglo to direct traffic into the turn. The crew camping and car park is in the same field, I think the yellow car park is next to us. You get accredited either at the Body&Soul Office near the exit in the same field or you might have to go through the hole in the wall, staff entrance into the Electric Picnic site. Hope that helps.

Thanks. 5 minutes after posting that question I got a email with all the details 🀣🀣. Getting excited now. See you all in a week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Is the alcohol very overpriced in the campsite off licenses?

Is the alcohol cold in the campsite off licenses?

Can you drop off your Heineken at the cold rooms or must you go through the kiosk? And is that Kiosk only at the Main Entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Davysulls86

tvercetti wrote: »
    Is the alcohol very overpriced in the campsite off licenses?

Is the alcohol cold in the campsite off licenses?

Can you drop off your Heineken at the cold rooms or must you go through the kiosk? And is that Kiosk only at the Main Entrance?

60quid a slab

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

A193 wrote: »
    I got very lucky on Toutless, got a pair for 250 and a pair for 165, but it's like Black Friday on there at the moment. Maybe closer to the date.

I have so many acts I need to see! I don't know how I'm going to fit them all in.. kicking off with The Blaze at 8pm Friday!

hi what stage are the blaze playing on friday and where did u see it thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

With the traffic on the M7 and Roadworks would you be as quick going via Athy from Dublin? Maybe not, might just take exit 15 and come up that way to Stradbally

• Registered Users Posts: 6 decanl

Does anyone know if it's ok to bring a campervan on a caravan and car pass? It's in the t&cs but can't see them enforcing it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭The Davestator

decanl wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's ok to bring a campervan on a caravan and car pass? It's in the t&cs but can't see them enforcing it...

Normally i'd say it was fine, but i saw a screen grab of an email to Ep from someone in the same boat as you. The reply was you may not be allowed access.

It was on the Electric Picnic banter FB page.

Saying that, I'd be shocked if they tried to implement it.

Even if they try, I can't reverse my caravan to save my life, so they'll have to let me in!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement