Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

With the traffic on the M7 and Roadworks would you be as quick going via Athy from Dublin? Maybe not, might just take exit 15 and come up that way to Stradbally

most of the roadworks are before the m7/m9 split AFAIK, so you're probably not going to save much, especially if it's around lunchtime and you have to go through the traffic in Athy itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

decanl wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's ok to bring a campervan on a caravan and car pass? It's in the t&cs but can't see them enforcing it...
    Never heard of it being an issue before. Should be grand?

On a side issue did anyone hear if they are going to prevent non Campervan types from entering into that site this year? There was a spate of burglaries out there in 2017 and much talk of punters being allocated special wristbands to gain access?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

decanl wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's ok to bring a campervan on a caravan and car pass? It's in the t&cs but can't see them enforcing it...

I did this two years ago. It was no problem at all. No one cared.

room_149 wrote: »
    Never heard of it being an issue before. Should be grand?

On a side issue did anyone hear if they are going to prevent non Campervan types from entering into that site this year? There was a spate of burglaries out there in 2017 and much talk of punters being allocated special wristbands to gain access?

There was no mention of this in the letter that came with the ticket. I would be happy enough with more security presence, rather than a dedicated wristband, although both would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭The Davestator

There was no mention of this in the letter that came with the ticket. I would be happy enough with more security presence, rather than a dedicated wristband, although both would be nice.

Agreed about the security, although I hope they don't control access too much. My daughter (who is camping) is coming up for a fry up each morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Green&Red wrote: »
    Looking at the map I don’t understand why yellow is the worst Carpark?
    It’s beside the Andy Warhol and JH campsites, or am I missing something?

I don’t know how people remember which car park they were in previous years

Bueller......

BUELLER

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

For those looking for tickets, EP just sent out an email to fill out a survey and you could win VIP tickets, check your mail if you've signed up to their mailing list

I can't link it, cuz it's personal to my email.

Lol at their error too, they have friendly flies down instead of friendly fires...

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

So when I park the car (let's say I'm forced to park in green) can I just walk along the road to paintball?? Every other year Iv gone in the main entrance (I'm staying in pink moon,)

Agreed about the security, although I hope they don't control access too much. My daughter (who is camping) is coming up for a fry up each morning!
    Fair play - cant beat the fries each morning !:D
    I sold my Campervan last October but will be camping in an inflatable tent (!) under a pals awning if my Crew pass guy doesn't come through for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

tonto123 wrote: »
    So when I park the car (let's say I'm forced to park in green) can I just walk along the road to paintball?? Every other year Iv gone in the main entrance (I'm staying in pink moon,)

Green all funnels to the Paintball entrance so you will be fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The demand for ticket seems to be crazy. Just had a look on twitter and toutless and so many people appear to be looking for tickets, usually this is the time where tickets start becoming available on the cheap. In general there is a lot of positivity around the lineup on social media, usually there are more negative comments, even people I know in work who would never dream of going have been saying to me they heard the lineup is very good this year. Maybe Electric Picnics marketing strategy wasn't a flop after all, I can only imagine a lot of people are going to buy tickets well in advance of next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭fourmations

green is where you want to be for PM,
    i was in red one year ( as i had to collect tickets)
    we werent allowed walk along the road, had to walk through the site
    pain in the hole with the trolley on the forest paths!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gkhant

Green Car Park via the paintball entrance is the quickest route to PM. You'll save so much time and be cracking into the most important can... the very first, in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

hi

bear me in mind if you are selling please
    my niece was fleeced on a ticket and she's devastated,
    big gang of her mates going,
    im on the lookout for her,

thanks

Come on man, using this thread to source tickets is not cool, it's in the thread title. It's not fair on other posters in here without tickets...

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Lol at their error too, they have friendly flies down instead of friendly fires...

:D:D
    Remember all the 'friendly flies' out in the sites a few years back?!
    2013 was Wasp central!!:pac::pac::D:D

Green&Red wrote: »
    Bueller......

BUELLER
    because most of us don't camp in Hendrix/Warhol, and the red campsite is closer to Joplin/Chaplin/Eco/Wilde, and the Green is closer to Wilde/Pink Moon.

Yellow is obviously the best if you're in Harvest Moon, or are inflicting Hendrix upon yourself.

people probably remember which car park they're in because the car parks are all pretty different, and their memories are half decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

green is where you want to be for PM,
    i was in red one year ( as i had to collect tickets)
    we werent allowed walk along the road, had to walk through the site
    pain in the hole with the trolley on the forest paths!

Agreed. If you’re in Pink Moon, green is the shortest possible walk. Two years ago we parked at the other side (red I think) and the walk when fully laden was horrendous.
    When exiting at junction 16, head for the N80 towards Stradbally/Carlow. Ignore any EP signs at the roundabout you’ll come to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

The demand for ticket seems to be crazy. Just had a look on twitter and toutless and so many people appear to be looking for tickets, usually this is the time where tickets start becoming available on the cheap. In general there is a lot of positivity around the lineup on social media, usually there are more negative comments, even people I know in work who would never dream of going have been saying to me they heard the lineup is very good this year. Maybe Electric Picnics marketing strategy wasn't a flop after all, I can only imagine a lot of people are going to buy tickets well in advance of next year.

I have a feeling that there will be a lot more younger people there this year

demand went through the roof after the 2nd announcement as Picture This/Coronas/Gavin James/Walking On Cars are massively popular (along with the likes of previously-announced Kendrick and Dua Lipa).
    most people don't care when the announcements happen.

most people on here whinging about the timing/new acts are just old, moany, out-of-touch snobs.

room_149 wrote: »
    :D:D
    Remember all the 'friendly flies' out in the sites a few years back?!
    2013 was Wasp central!!:pac::pac::D:D

#neverforget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

because most of us don't camp in Hendrix/Warhol, and the red campsite is closer to Joplin/Chaplin/Eco/Wilde, and the Green is closer to Wilde/Pink Moon.

Yellow is obviously the best if you're in Harvest Moon, or are inflicting Hendrix upon yourself.

people probably remember which car park they're in because the car parks are all pretty different, and their memories are half decent.

Cheers, I won't be in JH either, i'd be old enough to have fathered a lot of them

Somebody mentioned the cold store was in Warhol thats why I was thinking there. AFAIK I was in Wilde two years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

#neverforget

The year Ellie Goulding got chased around the main stage by a wasp. :pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I have a feeling that there will be a lot more younger people there this year

Probably will be a younger crowd than ever but it doesn't bother me too much really. The teenagers usually flock to the rave in the woods, casa bacardi, main stage, heineken, 3 area, bold motel etc. If you want to avoid the young crowd altogether there are still plenty of stages they don't go to.

I enjoy mixing it with both really. I think if it was all a young teenager crowd or if it was all an older crowd of 30+ it would lose some of its appeal for me. There is a huge enjoyment out of seeing an 18 year old and a 40 year old both having the time of their lives at the same gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

hi what stage are the blaze playing on friday and where did u see it thanks very much

It says so on Spotify and Songkick, although I don't think now it's right cus their tour poster says the 2nd.

most people on here whinging about the timing/new acts are just old, moany, out-of-touch snobs.

I am old. I am moany and I am a music snob, but calling out those ****ty race-to-the-bottom acts (Walking on cars etc.. ) does not mean I am "out of touch". Most music snobs are always on the look out for something new and current and to be fair there are certainly acts that fit that bill this year.

Any video evidence of this? :pac:

Any video evidence of this? :pac:

we all want to see this!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I am old. I am moany and I am a music snob, but calling out those ****ty race-to-the-bottom acts (Walking on cars etc.. ) does not mean I am "out of touch". Most music snobs are always on the look out for something new and current and to be fair there are certainly acts that fit that bill this year.

Fully concur. Us oldies may slate a lot of the second tier acts but we're going to be at upcoming acts like The Blaze, Fontaines DC, Murder Capital, Wyvern Lingo, Pillow Queens, Bitch Falcon, Elaine Mai, Seamus Fogarty, David Keenan, Stella Donnelly, Orielles, Gwenno and anyone else who doesn't sound like they come from a soulless satanic production line. And dig how many of the above are from this island.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

If I was a wasp I'd definitely try to sting her....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Any recent site build photo's knocking about? I love that stuff!
    The tent stages won't even be erected yet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement