Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales** [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Hi. Love reading this thread. I was supposed to go this year with my friend but unfortunately they can't make it now. Undecided whether to sell ticket or go anyway by myself. I haven't been to EP before. If anyone has gone before solo, I would love to know how ye got on. Thanks!

Have been going on my own since 2012 (honestly I have mates) and have enjoyed every one of them. Get to watch who you want, drink at your own pace, explore and meet lots of really interesting people. I would highly recommend. Think of the alternative not drinking in a field listening to great music. Go it alone. Will meet you for a pint to break the ice if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

There is a huge enjoyment out of seeing an 18 year old and a 40 year old both having the time of their lives at the same gig.

Good Point - Last year there was a gang of young ones next to us and they were singing the incorrect words to a Chaka Khan song - so I told them the right words and we all jumped around singing it together - the only time the young ones are impressed by our old knowledge :D (But I was 50 something and enjoying a lot of new younger bands too)

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Any recent site build photo's knocking about? I love that stuff!
    The tent stages won't even be erected yet?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmyPAPFnWAB/?tagged=electricpicnic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

ITT: people going solo are meeting up with other people going solo, so no longer going solo?

And the rest of us can't even agree to meet up at the salty dog on the friday at 4.30 (4 years in a row this has failed)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I'm least prepared for the picnic than ever before! I feel like next week is the leaving cert and I haven't studied at all! Any tips?

Outside of the top and middle tiers, any recomendations?

• Advertisement

I'm least prepared for the picnic than ever before! I feel like next week is the leaving cert and I haven't studied at all! Any tips?

general consensus seems to be the list above from Seathrun66

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

ITT: people going solo are meeting up with other people going solo, so no longer going solo?

And the rest of us can't even agree to meet up at the salty dog on the friday at 4.30 (4 years in a row this has failed)

I'm up for a meet up. Reckon either the Roadhouse Doors at Salty Dog circa 4.30 or Harvest at Trailer Park circa 6 are the only realistic ones. Latter band easier as it's later and going by last year a lot less busy.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I'm up for a meet up. Reckon either the Roadhouse Doors at Salty Dog circa 4.30 or Harvest at Trailer Park circa 6 are the only realistic ones. Latter band easier as it's later and going by last year a lot less busy.

Sounds feasible... red baseball caps "Make EP Great Again" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Anyone still on the lookout for powerbanks, just picked up a 10,00mah in Soundstore for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

There are not more tickets to be released officially.

Go to Toutless

They always do, I've picked up regular priced ticketmaster in the last wave at least 2 of the last 5 years when the festival was sold out and the scramble for resales was the same, and have been told by a pal whose band is in tier 2 on the poster that this year will be no different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

They always do, I've picked up regular priced ticketmaster in the last wave at least 2 of the last 5 years when the festival was sold out and the scramble for resales was the same, and have been told by a pal whose band is in tier 2 on the poster that this year will be no different.

So ask him when, we're just randoms from the internet pullin ourselves off here.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Thanks for reply. Very harsh your sons abandoning you like that! Ya, I do love the line up so that's making me want to go. I'll have to make decision soon!

First year, son 1 completely went off my clashfinder as he hadn't bothered to do his own research. Subsequent years more of his friends are going, and there is much more dialog between what he likes and what I like, so we help each other discover acts beforehand. The real parting of the ways was when I moved from Warhol to Eco campsite last year.:) That and some dodgy dad-dancing.

Son 2 got to play sax with Trinity Orchestra on the Bowie tribute, so we had a blast that year, but he's not that pushed about going again. Can't understand that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Sounds feasible... red baseball caps "Make EP Great Again" ?

I will try and get to Trailer at that time - unless something prevents me - but no red baseball cap, this lady doesn't do baseball caps :D - but you can't miss me - I'll be the tall, blonde, middle-aged one jumping around - (until the back, knees and hips give in...……..) And I saw David Keenan again last Fri night supporting Richard Thompson - that young guy is just brilliant! Love Wyvern Lingo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

general consensus seems to be the list above from Seathrun66
    Yes, indeed...I concur...some very good stuff there listed. I'm quoting that post: "The Blaze, Fontaines DC, Murder Capital, Wyvern Lingo, Pillow Queens, Bitch Falcon, Elaine Mai, Seamus Fogarty, David Keenan, Stella Donnelly, Orielles, Gwenno".
    I'd add a few more (scanning the line up poster, not in order):
    Cigarettes After Sex, Mavis Staples, Mount Kimbie, Sleaford Mods, La Femme, Scarlxrd, Nilufer Yanya, Sevdaliza
    and a couple unlisted: 
    Melts (psych rock-saw them supporting Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and the drummer said 10pm Sun Trailer Park), Thumper

Yes, indeed...I concur...some very good stuff there listed. I'm quoting that post: "The Blaze, Fontaines DC, Murder Capital, Wyvern Lingo, Pillow Queens, Bitch Falcon, Elaine Mai, Seamus Fogarty, David Keenan, Stella Donnelly, Orielles, Gwenno".
    Cigarettes After Sex, Mavis Staples, Mount Kimbie, Sleaford Mods, La Femme, Scarlxrd, Nilufer Yanya, Sevdaliza
    and a couple unlisted: 
    Melts (psych rock-saw them supporting Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and the drummer said 10pm Sun Trailer Park), Thumper

all of the above ... and Hak Baker

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Kepler21 wrote: »
    First year, son 1 completely went off my clashfinder as he hadn't bothered to do his own research. Subsequent years more of his friends are going, and there is much more dialog between what he likes and what I like, so we help each other discover acts beforehand. The real parting of the ways was when I moved from Warhol to Eco campsite last year.:) That and some dodgy dad-dancing.

Son 2 got to play sax with Trinity Orchestra on the Bowie tribute, so we had a blast that year, but he's not that pushed about going again. Can't understand that at all.

That is deadly. Must have been one proud Dad in the audience!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

So ask him when, we're just randoms from the internet pullin ourselves off here.

He's told me all he knows himself :D

Snarky Snark Snark

He's told me all he knows himself :D

well then, you need to upgrade your friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

davew121 wrote: »
    so can we talk about the weather now??
    ATN weather would be super......we were blessed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Yeah, that EP banter page is literally just people looking for tickets :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 mushypeas12

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Have been going on my own since 2012 (honestly I have mates) and have enjoyed every one of them. Get to watch who you want, drink at your own pace, explore and meet lots of really interesting people. I would highly recommend. Think of the alternative not drinking in a field listening to great music. Go it alone. Will meet you for a pint to break the ice if you want.

Ya, it definitely has it's advantages! Sound, I might take you up on that offer. I'll PM you sometime next week if I decide to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

WM18 wrote: »
    ATN weather would be super......we were blessed.....

blessed and badly burnt..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭fourmations

Come on man, using this thread to source tickets is not cool, it's in the thread title. It's not fair on other posters in here without tickets...

ermm, thanks for that

"Using this thread to source tickets!?"
    i've contributed to the EP threads for years
    with advice, opinions and general charm and definite witty repartie!
    (have you?)

Sincere apologies for my trying to help my upset niece out!!
    I mentioned it once briefly and wont again!
    please forgive me!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

and a couple unlisted: 

all of the above ... and Hak Baker
    I missed Wood Burning Savages

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

When will be start seeing the weather models appearing in here. I'm refusing to look at Accu until after weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Anyone used this self inflating mattress before? Any good?

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=11251

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tonto123

ya it be next weather bore any realistic weathercharts kicks in... its been saying sunny with no rain the last 2 days now its saying 80 per cent rain on fri and sat... im worse to be looking .. they wont know for sure till next thursday really will they? i mean when have irish weather folk really got it right from a few days away..

Snarky Snark Snark

Come on man, using this thread to source tickets is not cool, it's in the thread title. It's not fair on other posters in here without tickets...

putting a shout out for tickets is fine, trying to use the thread to flog tickets is a paddlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Davysulls86

tonto123 wrote: »
    ya it be next weather bore any realistic weathercharts kicks in... its been saying sunny with no rain the last 2 days now its saying 80 per cent rain on fri and sat... im worse to be looking .. they wont know for sure till next thursday really will they? i mean when have irish weather folk really got it right from a few days away..

They're usually good from about a week out, give 24 hours or so. Bring rain gear.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

They're usually good from about a week out, give 24 hours or so. Bring rain gear.

Everyone should have rain gear on their packing lists anyway, both for inside the tent and out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement